PDA

View Full Version : Switching Gods Problem

DesirableDreams
03-19-2010, 11:55 PM
I lost 25 Wisdom levels accidentally switching gods from Bile to Gov.
Thus losing millions of experience.
I was praying while walking to my next Immense map, IRONICALLY I was leveling my wisdom..............
So. I think it should be a bit harder to switch Gods.
If they can't think of anything decent for ideas to put into role play character while switching. Then their should at least be a pop up asking you "Do you want to do this? Yes or No!"
God's is way to easy to switching, and from what I hear I'm not the only victim who has fallen into this trap.
Wisdom leveling isn't even on my mind until they do something to protect our wisdom levels and experience!

cbk1994
03-20-2010, 12:31 AM
Ouch.

MajinDragon
03-20-2010, 12:31 AM
I think it's quite a rare problem to accidentally switch gods. More often people accidentally pray at an altar while running and praying but it's something I'd consider a problem for the individual. Most know where altars are, they're quite clearly visible so any attentive player would have no problem avoiding the altar while praying (there are so many other places you can pray would you believe).

My advise to people would be to be attentive, you obviously know the god you're allied with (you can check through /skills), so there shouldn't be any unfortunate incidents like this.

Conqueror
03-20-2010, 01:02 AM
Accident's happen, thats for sure. I totally agree with Morgan on this one, as the same thing happened to me accidently a few years back. Although my loss wasn't as bad as hers, I went from lvl58 wisdom to lvl 53. I haven't bothered lvling wisdom since either looool.

DesirableDreams
03-20-2010, 01:22 AM
I think it's quite a rare problem to accidentally switch gods. More often people accidentally pray at an altar while running and praying but it's something I'd consider a problem for the individual. Most know where altars are, they're quite clearly visible so any attentive player would have no problem avoiding the altar while praying (there are so many other places you can pray would you believe).

My advise to people would be to be attentive, you obviously know the god you're allied with (you can check through /skills), so there shouldn't be any unfortunate incidents like this.

Rare problem, or not. Its a problem. It happens to many people and affects many hours of game-play and leveling. You can be staring at the television and walk across it unknowingly. Not many people are sitting there going to their next map thinking "Oh I should stop praying I might walk over a different altar and lose experience and hard earned levels!"
That's just not how the human brain works, it happens and something should be done about it!

Stephen
03-20-2010, 01:28 AM
I lost 25 Wisdom levels accidentally
Tehe.

Cubical
03-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Tehe.

my thoughts

cyan3
03-20-2010, 06:09 PM
I agree that at least a simple yes/no to changing would help. I once accidentally lost 2 wisdom levels because I used the praying skill over the Brigid alter.

MajinDragon
03-20-2010, 06:24 PM
Rare problem, or not. Its a problem. It happens to many people and affects many hours of game-play and leveling. You can be staring at the television and walk across it unknowingly. Not many people are sitting there going to their next map thinking "Oh I should stop praying I might walk over a different altar and lose experience and hard earned levels!"
That's just not how the human brain works, it happens and something should be done about it!

This really is a very easily avoidable incident, it happened to me at the gov altar when i wasn't paying attention. But that's it, it's a simple matter of paying attention, something you should always be doing when 'playing' the game.

Stephen
03-20-2010, 07:07 PM
This really is a very easily avoidable incident, it happened to me at the gov altar when i wasn't paying attention. But that's it, it's a simple matter of paying attention, something you should always be doing when 'playing' the game. I can only leave this to a famous quote "learn 2 play".
Don't tell Morgan how to enjoy her free time. It's very offensive when people wax poetical about this sort of stuff. Games are a form of entertainment, something people seem to enjoy most when they're relaxed.

Accidents happen, regardless of who is responsible. This system has been in place for years.