PDA

View Full Version : backdraft's new management plan

Hiro
03-17-2010, 03:57 AM
What, exactly, is going to be different with our new management? what can we expect to see in the following year-or-so that we can be happy about? i'll wait for backdraft himself to answer these questions (though i doubt he gives a look to these forums frequently enough for a quick response)

Rufus
03-17-2010, 03:58 AM
Give him some time, it has only been a few hours lol.

Elizabeth
03-17-2010, 04:11 AM
I'd also like to hear the game plan. :)

Grey
03-17-2010, 05:05 AM
I think the moral of the story was don't make promises.

James
03-17-2010, 05:36 AM
mcdonalds plz

Absolut_Crono
03-17-2010, 05:54 AM
I think the moral of the story was don't make promises.

This pretty much sums it up.

Don't say anything to anyone BD!

Fulg0reSama
03-17-2010, 02:55 PM
Give him some time, it has only been a few hours lol.

Agreeing with Rufus, I'll be surprised to see him have a whole plan created within this time lol. Hell ill be surprised if its shown within three days.

Sam
03-17-2010, 04:18 PM
Feel free to make suggestions what you expect from the new management, but don't make someone looking bad or put pressure on somebody before he started to be familiar with his job.

ffcmike
03-17-2010, 08:03 PM
While i've never played UN or couldn't possibly comment on whether Streety's removal is justified or if Backdraft is somebody who can get the server going in a better direction, it's interesting that when PWA explored the possibility of a management change with Classic about a year ago multiple members of PWA questioned myself, Master Storm, DarkCloud, the FAQ + GP + Events + assistant Dev Admin, going over what we'd do in the event of such and such option occuring, and what our individual plan would be in the event of becoming Manager.

Hiro
03-17-2010, 11:26 PM
Agreeing with Rufus, I'll be surprised to see him have a whole plan created within this time lol. Hell ill be surprised if its shown within three days.
well a lot of complaints from streetys-manager era are still valid, so i would figure he could at least plan to fix all the updating problems we've seen already. whether or not all projects are still going to be worked on or not would also be nice to hear about. i wouldn't be surprised if some discussions about new content hasn't already crossed backdraft's eyes before the change in management that he and other staff were enthusiastic about

in short, i'm sure there is quite a bit he could easily post about

jorollychu
03-17-2010, 11:37 PM
I just dont understand why I wasn't even approached as a possible replacement for SwimChao.

Okilian
03-18-2010, 08:30 AM
I think it would be more appropriate to list things we'd like to see improved.

I for one am a quest person. I feel the quests need to be revamped. I suggested to Backdraft and he states that adding some more isn't a bad idea.

Imperialistic
03-18-2010, 11:34 AM
Quests will take anywhere from 2 - 48 hours to complete all of them..

....then what?

Luda
03-18-2010, 12:08 PM
An actual storyline would be great

Fulg0reSama
03-18-2010, 01:09 PM
well a lot of complaints from streetys-manager era are still valid, so i would figure he could at least plan to fix all the updating problems we've seen already. whether or not all projects are still going to be worked on or not would also be nice to hear about. i wouldn't be surprised if some discussions about new content hasn't already crossed backdraft's eyes before the change in management that he and other staff were enthusiastic about

in short, i'm sure there is quite a bit he could easily post about

Maybe so but he's just getting in the chair, would you expect to be hammered with this all at once? Sure brainstorming is one thing but to have a full solid plan is not to be expected.

Hiro
03-18-2010, 03:51 PM
Maybe so but he's just getting in the chair, would you expect to be hammered with this all at once? Sure brainstorming is one thing but to have a full solid plan is not to be expected.
i would fully expect to be hammered with all of this at once from day 1

Vima
03-18-2010, 04:45 PM
I think you need to start from scratch and totally remake Unholy Nation, mostly levelwise. Then make the server more newbie friendly, change the quests and add something original.

Cubical
03-18-2010, 04:49 PM
I think you need to start from scratch and totally remake Unholy Nation, mostly levelwise. Then make the server more newbie friendly, change the quests and add something original.

Quite a few of Unholy Nations levels make my eyes bleed ;[

FuManchu
03-18-2010, 07:09 PM
UN is so ugly because most of the LATs go with the now-generic red tile patterns instead of doing something unique.

Okilian
03-18-2010, 07:36 PM
Quests will take anywhere from 2 - 48 hours to complete all of them..

....then what?

Then you add various other things. I just started the ball rolling on ideas.

I think by changing around UN's levels too much you take away from what is UN. Each server that is classic has it's own feel for it. Like it or not, UN has a style that isn't Era or Npulse or even Classic.

I do agree some levels need a bit of patching up, but revamping them all...not so much.

Imperialistic
03-18-2010, 07:52 PM

I definitely agree 100%.

MysticX2X
03-18-2010, 08:03 PM
I think by changing around UN's levels too much you take away from what is UN. Each server that is classic has it's own feel for it. Like it or not, UN has a style that isn't Era or Npulse or even Classic.

I do agree some levels need a bit of patching up, but revamping them all...not so much.

Most of the old Unholy Nation levels prior to the reset are long gone, and replaced with newer and newer levels (even the playerhouses). The only towns which remain relatively the same as they used to be are delta, towncenter, and trent.

I've suggested before a possible makeover of the overworld but then I also thought it wouldn't be too plausible with UN at the moment. Reconstruction of certain towns/forests would be a plus.

Okilian
03-18-2010, 08:06 PM
I think a thing that should be done more than the OW is the insides of levels. Some of them are for people not around any more.

I'll probably post my idea on the UN Forum itself. Something that was in the works but stopped.

Fulg0reSama
03-18-2010, 08:34 PM
i would fully expect to be hammered with all of this at once from day 1

Yeah I should have said it differently.

Okay he's just getting into the position but would you expect to have a plan COMPLETELY devised? Now just don't say yes so it seems like I'm mistaken but I know just about everyone in this thread would say no.

Okilian
03-18-2010, 08:43 PM
Yeah I should have said it differently.

Okay he's just getting into the position but would you expect to have a plan COMPLETELY devised? Now just don't say yes so it seems like I'm mistaken but I know just about everyone in this thread would say no.

Though in talking to him, he has a plan in the works. Seems to want to do some good tasks.

And I think supporting him, telling him what we would like to see is a great plan. If you log onto UN and go to those forums, I am starting some discussions about what I think would be great to see.

Vima
03-18-2010, 09:07 PM

Yes, but what IS UN? What is it Style? Unholy Nation has lost it identity many years ago. I think a lot of people are sick and tired and want something new and fresh, out with the old in with the new. The only people who don't want to change it because they want to keep the so called "UN Spirit" are you and the other previous managers/oldbies who never play there anymore either. As long as nothing major is going to happen, people wont notice the small additions. New events added, Pet System, Paintball Game etc etc. These "new" things will die after a week.
Like it or not - that's how it is.

Imperialistic
03-18-2010, 09:09 PM
Vima is right, you have to look for the long-term effect on the server.

fowlplay4
03-18-2010, 09:28 PM
Well if Backdraft doesn't make Obama-style change to the server you can expect him to follow the same route as Streety.

MysticX2X
03-18-2010, 09:37 PM
Yes, but what IS UN? What is it Style? Unholy Nation has lost it identity many years ago. I think a lot of people are sick and tired and want something new and fresh, out with the old in with the new. The only people who don't want to change it because they want to keep the so called "UN Spirit" are you and the other previous managers/oldbies who never play there anymore either. As long as nothing major is going to happen, people wont notice the small additions. New events added, Pet System, Paintball Game etc etc. These "new" things will die after a week.
Like it or not - that's how it is.
If that is so, you might as well not call it Unholy Nation.

Bell
03-18-2010, 10:48 PM
UN has always been a conglomeration of whatever players want to see. That IS their style. While I completely agree that UN has reached a point its become a mess, I don't think changing its tiling style is going to make a bit of difference overall. Downsizing it some. Fixing broken scripts, removing abusive tools and useless weapons wouldn't hurt. Converting to gs2 would be a major undertaking and really is a necessity but the server has now been uploaded to dev so the team should be able to address some of these issues without interrupting main too badly.

Okilian
03-19-2010, 04:16 AM
UN has always been a conglomeration of whatever players want to see. That IS their style. While I completely agree that UN has reached a point its become a mess, I don't think changing its tiling style is going to make a bit of difference overall. Downsizing it some. Fixing broken scripts, removing abusive tools and useless weapons wouldn't hurt. Converting to gs2 would be a major undertaking and really is a necessity but the server has now been uploaded to dev so the team should be able to address some of these issues without interrupting main too badly.

I agree completely. UN was never meant to be anything specific. I mean, if you go on, we have cars with guns with swords with so many things. Many people enjoy that fact.

Do I think UN's perfect? No, not at all. I've been saying for a long time things need to be fixed. A new OW? Not needed. They did it once only recently, so why just do it again?

There are fixes that need to be addressed as Bell says, I just don't think pretty tiles is that.

MysticX2X
03-19-2010, 04:38 AM
I agree completely. UN was never meant to be anything specific. I mean, if you go on, we have cars with guns with swords with so many things. Many people enjoy that fact.

Do I think UN's perfect? No, not at all. I've been saying for a long time things need to be fixed. A new OW? Not needed. They did it once only recently, so why just do it again?

There are fixes that need to be addressed as Bell says, I just don't think pretty tiles is that.
Maybe not a brand new overworld, but cleaning it up and condensing it sure would be a plus.

Hiro
04-01-2010, 07:09 AM
so it's been a couple of weeks, and no response. boy, i'm so glad we got a new manager who doesn't tell us jack

Liberated
04-01-2010, 08:47 AM
so it's been a couple of weeks, and no response. boy, i'm so glad we got a new manager who doesn't tell us jack

Even tho i've feel you've taken a grudge against backdraft cuz he replaced streety, i must agree, a forum active manager would be nice.

Okilian
04-01-2010, 09:34 AM
He's more apt to post on UN's forum in game. I've seen him post a few times.

Even better, talk to him. He's working on quite a bit.

Crono
04-01-2010, 10:52 AM
un has to figure out what it is before it can "fix" itself

people are throwing the word economy left and right without realizing that this server wasn't intended to have one. not only that but the events system itself has spawned it's own currency which is never really good. =/

MysticX2X
04-01-2010, 12:16 PM
UN used to be pretty economy centered when there wasnt a **** ton of hats and ridiculous NPC's.

Crono
04-01-2010, 12:47 PM
how

Fulg0reSama
04-01-2010, 02:24 PM
how

Seriously. No economy back when I played. DEFINITELY AS HELL NOT MUCH OF ONE NOW.

Hiro
04-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Even tho i've feel you've taken a grudge against backdraft cuz he replaced streety, i must agree, a forum active manager would be nice.
it's nothing personal, BD is a good guy. but yes, an active forum manager would be great, as i have reason to believe that streety would have already made a response to this type of thread

He's more apt to post on UN's forum in game. I've seen him post a few times.

Even better, talk to him. He's working on quite a bit.that's missing the point. i don't post on the in-game forums, so how does his posting there help me at all? i, and anyone else who is interested, shouldn't have to personally ask him when he's capable of posting about it for the world to view

tempandrew
04-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Guuuuuys it's been two WEEEEEEEEKS. COME OOOOONNNNNN WHY ISN'T THE SERVER FIIIIIIXXXXEEEDDD.

It'd help if BD wasn't at the mercy of a totally incompetent staff team full of people who haven't worked in the last 6 months.

Hiro
04-02-2010, 02:05 AM
Guuuuuys it's been two WEEEEEEEEKS. COME OOOOONNNNNN WHY ISN'T THE SERVER FIIIIIIXXXXEEEDDD.

It'd help if BD wasn't at the mercy of a totally incompetent staff team full of people who haven't worked in the last 6 months.
yea because we're asking them to "fix" the entire server in this thread, right?

Fulg0reSama
04-02-2010, 02:45 AM
yea because we're asking them to "fix" the entire server in this thread, right?

Yup, This is backdraft's new management plan. So ***** we're discussing what his plan should be. AND THATS TO FIX THE GOD DAMN SERVER YA.

Hiro
04-02-2010, 08:10 AM
Yup, This is backdraft's new management plan. So ***** we're discussing what his plan should be. AND THATS TO FIX THE GOD DAMN SERVER YA.
BD hasn't said a single thing about his new plan, so our discussing it doesn't mean jack, nor is it the purpose of this thread that we discuss it: it's for BD to tell us what his plans are

so.

sidthegreat2005
04-02-2010, 08:21 AM
We'll be having an Easter Egg hunt this Sunday at the egg shop next to Castlewars. It will last for a week until Sunday April 11th.

Castlewars is being renovated right now to make it more interesting for players. It will include some sort of reward for the current castle holders plus some "new" features to make it more interesting when capturing/defending.

City Hall should be done within the end of the weekend. It will include separate levels for each staff position along with descriptions and some other interesting features.

I'll post about my long term plans when the above projects are finished and I can lay out details with my staff.

Fulg0reSama
04-02-2010, 09:52 AM
BD hasn't said a single thing about his new plan, so our discussing it doesn't mean jack, nor is it the purpose of this thread that we discuss it: it's for BD to tell us what his plans are

so.

But the point of forum threads is to discuss a topic usually.

So yeah...

StormElf
04-02-2010, 09:53 AM
Let's see what BD has done recently:

Restored FAQ team. Funny how under Streety's Management, there weren't enough "quality applications" but now with BD as Manager, we have an FAQ team full of very kind and helpful members.

Hired Graphics Artists. Aeko, Kain, and Jed have recently been hired. I'd say Aeko is pretty good. I don't know much about Kain but Jed is also stellar. Jed does come and go a lot but he always sticks around long enough to get something done.

Made PrayDoh GP Chief. PrayDoh's a pretty good GP (and staff member overall) and willingly helps out people who need it. People were shocked he made Praydoh GP since some of the other GPs have been around much longer but it was actually a great decision. Glad someone isn't following the lazy "he was here longer, he must be qualified for admin!" method of doing things.

Restored ET Dev team. GK is the leader of this team, and we've always seen good things from him. Enough said.

He had a successful hat shop. Streety's hat shop in Halloween completely blew. People waited all day just for him to FINALLY found out the script was broken late at night and no one was on to fix it.

UN vs. Era. Streety was too much of a baby to hold the events, but under BD's management, it was able to happen. Sure, the events ended on a bad note, but they intrigued players from both servers and people seemed to enjoy keeping track of what was going on.

From what I've seen, Bell wisely chose BD as Manager because she saw beforehand what he had planned for UN. Since he's hired some great staff members, it looks very promising that he'll be able to achieve his goals.

Imperialistic
04-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Let's see what BD has done recently:

Restored FAQ team. Funny how under Streety's Management, there weren't enough "quality applications" but now with BD as Manager, we have an FAQ team full of very kind and helpful members.

Hired Graphics Artists. Aeko, Kain, and Jed have recently been hired. I'd say Aeko is pretty good. I don't know much about Kain but Jed is also stellar. Jed does come and go a lot but he always sticks around long enough to get something done.

Made PrayDoh GP Chief. PrayDoh's a pretty good GP (and staff member overall) and willingly helps out people who need it. People were shocked he made Praydoh GP since some of the other GPs have been around much longer but it was actually a great decision. Glad someone isn't following the lazy "he was here longer, he must be qualified for admin!" method of doing things.

Restored ET Dev team. GK is the leader of this team, and we've always seen good things from him. Enough said.

He had a successful hat shop. Streety's hat shop in Halloween completely blew. People waited all day just for him to FINALLY found out the script was broken late at night and no one was on to fix it.

UN vs. Era. Streety was too much of a baby to hold the events, but under BD's management, it was able to happen. Sure, the events ended on a bad note, but they intrigued players from both servers and people seemed to enjoy keeping track of what was going on.

From what I've seen, Bell wisely chose BD as Manager because she saw beforehand what he had planned for UN. Since he's hired some great staff members, it looks very promising that he'll be able to achieve his goals.

Oh joy, new GP's, GAT's, and even Hat Shops are going to improve this server!

Codein
04-02-2010, 01:11 PM

Nice, they're all very good pixel artists.

Crono
04-02-2010, 01:51 PM
lots of text

who are you

MysticX2X
04-02-2010, 03:57 PM
Oh joy, new GP's, GAT's, and even Hat Shops are going to improve this server!

You do realize he has only been in management for just a bit over 2 weeks, right? I'm sure he does have some long-term plans for the server that he will disclose when the time is right. Plus he just shared some of his plans that are coming up.

joel34
04-02-2010, 08:19 PM
Ever since Backdraft begun the playercount started to rise.

salesman
04-02-2010, 08:34 PM
Ever since Backdraft begun the playercount started to rise.

lol

Rufus
04-03-2010, 01:36 AM
who are you

Colawings

WhiteDragon
04-03-2010, 01:54 AM
That sounds good, but hating on Streety every other line seems a bit unnecessary.

Hiro
04-03-2010, 02:29 AM
We'll be having an Easter Egg hunt this Sunday at the egg shop next to Castlewars. It will last for a week until Sunday April 11th.

Castlewars is being renovated right now to make it more interesting for players. It will include some sort of reward for the current castle holders plus some "new" features to make it more interesting when capturing/defending.

City Hall should be done within the end of the weekend. It will include separate levels for each staff position along with descriptions and some other interesting features.

I'll post about my long term plans when the above projects are finished and I can lay out details with my staff.most excellent (: