PDA

View Full Version : confirm item deletion

EclipsedAngel
02-20-2010, 02:30 AM
When you go through your inventory, you can delete items by pressing delete. I've deleted some of mine by accident sometimes because my keyboard has the delete key close to enter and everything.

There should be a Yes/No confirmation when deleting them in the new version.

Luda
02-20-2010, 02:31 AM
You should know by now that you need to buy a new keyboard because they won't do **** about this.

papajchris
02-20-2010, 03:45 AM
You should know by now that you need to buy a new keyboard because they won't do **** about this.

This.

Crono
02-20-2010, 03:48 AM

most keyboards have the delete key close to the enter key, although i admit i've never mistaken the two :3

maximus_asinus
02-20-2010, 04:49 AM
fat fingers

Jcs1919
02-20-2010, 07:11 AM
fat fingers

xdddd

Unkownsoldier
02-20-2010, 06:02 PM
When you go through your inventory, you can delete items by pressing delete. I've deleted some of mine by accident sometimes because my keyboard has the delete key close to enter and everything.

There should be a Yes/No confirmation when deleting them in the new version.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. If you did it the first time, you should understand it and take precautions when in your items queue. I can't help you if you aren't being careful and just rush right into pressing enter. You don't even have to press enter, just click on the item you want and zing press Q and your good.

EclipsedAngel
02-20-2010, 08:52 PM
I had a dizzy headache it's not easy to type when you have one of those.

papajchris
02-20-2010, 10:37 PM
The enter button is usually like 5x the size of the delete button, and those are the ones you get mixed up!?

maximus_asinus
02-21-2010, 12:23 AM
I had a dizzy headache it's not easy to type when you have one of those.probably shouldn't be staring at a monitor if you're having headaches like that. Chances are it was the monitor that gave you the headache in the firstplace too.

EclipsedAngel
02-22-2010, 02:56 AM
The enter button is usually like 5x the size of the delete button, and those are the ones you get mixed up!?

On my keyboard it's right by it.

SalfordJamesBoii
02-22-2010, 08:45 PM
Still, it can't be that hard to avoid hitting the delete key. Mine's right by it too, I barely do it.

DustyPorViva
02-22-2010, 08:53 PM
Except for that 1/10000 chance that it happens, you can be royally screwed. Confirmations for stuff like this is standard, but I don't see it ever happening.

maximus_asinus
02-23-2010, 02:58 AM
I'm fairly certain that providing you had the item, and there was a way to verify you had it, you could get all your stuff back by forum PMing a Global, going through the Support Center, or even PMing the server Manager. I'm certain they'll look into it atleast.

DustyPorViva
02-23-2010, 03:10 AM
I'm fairly certain that providing you had the item, and there was a way to verify you had it, you could get all your stuff back by forum PMing a Global, going through the Support Center, or even PMing the server Manager. I'm certain they'll look into it atleast.
Pretty sure there is no log of such things, unless servers maintain them... so it's not that simple.

maximus_asinus
02-23-2010, 03:18 AM
Well if you got something from a chest then there are flags for that. As for other NPCs I'm sure there are flags set for the dungeon, or some other sort of evidence pointing to getting the NPC. It seems odd if developers didn't do this.

DustyPorViva
02-23-2010, 03:25 AM
Well if you got something from a chest then there are flags for that. As for other NPCs I'm sure there are flags set for the dungeon, or some other sort of evidence pointing to getting the NPC. It seems odd if developers didn't do this.
I'd much rather see a log created for deleted weapons, as servers like UN don't maintain stuff like that very well.