PDA

View Full Version : Spicing up Tournaments

ryo1234456
02-13-2010, 05:39 AM
For a while Tournaments where the only thing giving us player counts during this "dead" time of NP, and now it seems that has died off too...

No one cares bout a tag and statue and a small amount of ET/Gold anymore.

I think we need to spice things up a bit.
More Tournaments, Not just boring old Sparring and Sumos,
Mass PKing Tournaments, (Like a kill counter, everyone stays at 50AP and have 6 hearts 4 hits.) Set the timer for an suiting time limited maybe even allow "some" NPCs like Bows and bombs (Stuff that isnt hellishly easily abused.) Or a vote on NPCS vs No NPCS.

Maybe a Guild Tournaments?
This one we set an Entry Time Period to get all guilds who want to fight in this.
Then After we get enough (or set amount of guilds). We host it like a normal Spar Tournament. 1 guild VS another guild, Winner progresses to next round, till we have a Winning Guild.

Prizes can be big for the guild one, and maybe somewhat big for the Mass PK one.
I know there is pros and cons to both ideas, and I'm sure there is gonna be some who shoot down this idea or love it, but 3 things I say these ideas.

1. Brings Activity to NP
2. Brings back some Old School PKing Guild Warring (somewhat).
3. Gives Guilds something to do other than idle and (toguild: like omg did you hear what so-so, said about so-so?! we should like gank so-so!)

I'd like others opinions on this, specially for Prizes regarding these.

On another note, I posted it here now cause I know Rebirth is creeping around the corner, However we need more activity now as well, I don't wish to hear the same old Playercounts to low crap nor the We'll keep this in thought, this is my idea to spice things up a little sooner while we wait on Rebirth Now POST YA THOUGHTS!

Now Ready...
Set...
GO!

Hiro
02-13-2010, 08:46 AM
hey sounds like the server i was making

HelpingAtStuff
02-13-2010, 09:23 PM
It wont happen without the proper playercount to do the things on.
This has been brought up numerous times and things have changed, but it went downhill due to nobody caring///nobody to host for.

We can advertise, but we'll no longer get large amounts anymore, and just a few teams vs. isnt fun