PDA

View Full Version : Graal Classic iPhone Channels

Soala
02-06-2010, 04:04 PM
It would be really helpful to have different channels on the iPhone server, this way people that eventualy don't understand english would have their own channel to discuss with people from the same country/speaking the same language.

I believe it would prevent some of them to be annoyed by such large english community, and also reduce some lag due to the playercount rising endlessly ?

Discuss.

Rufus
02-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Dusty suggested something similar here (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1551971#post1551971) and I agree as long as the data is synchronized.

Soala
02-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Yes, I forgot to mention the data would need to be synchronized.

Too bad I cannot mention a similar system from another mmo with a name in 2 words, being a reference to a tree and something from a book :rolleyes:

Vima
02-06-2010, 05:08 PM
It would be neat.
For example: There could be one for the japanese, another one that's spanish and ofcourse an english one.

Immolate
02-06-2010, 05:22 PM
Yes, I forgot to mention the data would need to be synchronized.

Too bad I cannot mention a similar system from another mmo with a name in 2 words, being a reference to a tree and something from a book :rolleyes:

It'd be quite simple to syncronise the data if the channels were implemented on a single server (or server cluster). It'd be similar to how you register your nick on the Freenode IRC server, which is always the same despite which channel you're actually in on server (Though, don't quote me on that example. Not too big on IRC).

Also, I seriously can't see what would be wrong using a popular game as a tool of comparison. It's not like you're blatanty advertising it.

cyan3
02-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Also, I seriously can't see what would be wrong using a popular game as a tool of comparison. It's not like you're blatanty advertising it.

Personally I would agree but the forum rules say that you are not allowed to discuss other MMOs and simply typing the name could start a discussion.

Rufus
02-06-2010, 06:05 PM
I think it would be more suitable (if possible) to place one "channel" on the European server and the other on the US server; recommending based on the players' location, but not forcing where they should log onto.

cbk1994
02-06-2010, 10:05 PM
Easiest way and most likely way this will happen would probably be if there were just a few GMAPs and players can warp back and forth. The GMAPs would be exact clones, of course, but players would be separated on them by language.

maximus_asinus
02-07-2010, 12:55 AM
Graal never seperated players of different nationalities before, why start now?

Immolate
02-07-2010, 01:01 AM

No idea. Though, a lot of the German players of days gone by historically had Atlantis at it's height.

DustyPorViva
02-07-2010, 01:01 AM
A much larger and global playerbase, I suppose.

maximus_asinus
02-07-2010, 01:23 AM
A much larger and global playerbase, I suppose.If they had thousands not hundreds more players than what PC Graal began with, I might agree with you on that.

Main never segregated players based on nationality and it succeeded. The only thing that needs to be done is translations on server related text (things like NPCs, signs, etc). From my experiece, players have always managed, and will continue to do so by creating a community around certain things (like language).