PDA

View Full Version : V6 Default External GUI Style

fowlplay4
01-16-2010, 01:56 AM
Well obviously the GUI Blue does not look like that great in an external window since the mindset (for me anyway) is expecting to see an OS-Style Interface.

xXziroXx
01-16-2010, 02:00 AM
I'd suggest replacing the default one for external windows with the top one in this (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1499378&postcount=4) post.

Demisis_P2P
01-16-2010, 04:21 AM
There is an option to disable the graal GUI and use native windows for external GUI windows.

Or so I am led to believe.................

cbk1994
01-16-2010, 04:37 AM
I'd suggest replacing the default one for external windows with the top one in this (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1499378&postcount=4) post.
The windows aren't the problem. It uses the OS window handler (at least Mac does, haven't tried the Windows yet), but it looks like crap with the GuiBlue style.

There is an option to disable the graal GUI and use native windows for external GUI windows.

Or so I am led to believe.................

What he's talking about is native controls, meaning that instead of scripted GUI elements, they use the native OS ones.

Tigairius
01-16-2010, 05:08 AM
It looks pretty good with toon. I had asked someone to work on a new GUI for the playerlist/profiles about 8 months ago to make it look more like an OS but they never finished. If someone submits a full image-set of some decent white/grayish GUI thing that looks nice and sleek, I'd be happy to add it into the playerlist/profiles.

Anyways, back to the main topic though, yes I agree it would be nice if there was some sort of default skin for external windows, using the blue "default" skin makes the windows seem so unnaturally placed.

_Zelph
01-16-2010, 06:32 AM
It looks pretty good with toon. I had asked someone to work on a new GUI for the playerlist/profiles about 8 months ago to make it look more like an OS but they never finished.

Ahem. Nobody's in a hurry for v6 to be released so if it's on the verge of being released, and there's a client with better working GUI controls, let me know and I can try to put something together in my free time, which has become increasingly (and unexpectedly) rare in the past while.

Maxo14
01-18-2010, 01:00 AM
Ahem. Nobody's in a hurry for v6 to be released so if it's on the verge of being released, and there's a client with better working GUI controls, let me know and I can try to put something together in my free time, which has become increasingly (and unexpectedly) rare in the past while.

ur my hero sir :p

Admins
01-18-2010, 09:15 PM
You can choose the gui style in the options. In v6 we could make a different style the default one since it's now possible to switch the gui style in real time and you can use several gui styles (wbas) at the same time.

Crow
01-18-2010, 09:26 PM
You never released that guiblue wba you promised us, remember?

Crono
01-18-2010, 11:30 PM
Or we can have our splendid and ever so famous GATs cook something nice for a default skin/whatever.

DustyPorViva
01-18-2010, 11:44 PM
I would try it out but you gotta pay to develop wba's(ya they give you a trial period but meh) :/ I'm not sure why Graal went with a format that you have to pay to actually create, other than perhaps taking advantage of the huge database of them... but given that more than half either don't work, and the other half look like crap, it didn't seem to pay off.

Crono
01-19-2010, 12:22 AM
ya its sad graal looked better 8 years ago

cbk1994
01-19-2010, 12:26 AM
Probably the best bet is to reproduce the Windows 7 and Mac native controls with GUI profiles, then decide which to use based on the player's platform (or choice in options, maybe).

I started doing this for Mac a few days ago, but didn't get very far because of limitations with Graal (e.g. can't make it so clicking a button doesn't move the text).

Admins
01-20-2010, 02:33 PM
I would try it out but you gotta pay to develop wba's(ya they give you a trial period but meh) :/ I'm not sure why Graal went with a format that you have to pay to actually create, other than perhaps taking advantage of the huge database of them... but given that more than half either don't work, and the other half look like crap, it didn't seem to pay off.

Because there are a lot, mostly free, which can be used as a base for a new style. Also you can still edit them by text (rename to zip, edit the .uis file). And they look cool.

fowlplay4
01-20-2010, 04:07 PM
Or we can have our splendid and ever so famous GATs cook something nice for a default skin/whatever.

They'd probably complain when it doesn't get in the game as soon as they finish it.

But really this thread was just so I could continue using guiblue for the serverlist area and start bar, while having a different gui style for options and the playerlist.

coreys
02-04-2010, 11:43 AM
I was personally hoping for using the native os gui :(

Hiro
02-04-2010, 05:14 PM
make V6 look more like V2, or at least give us that option

Dnegel
02-04-2010, 08:49 PM
make V6 look more like V2, or at least give us that option

Yes! :cool:

zephirot
02-04-2010, 09:03 PM