PDA

View Full Version : New ideas and improvements

Soala
12-18-2009, 06:15 PM
Okay so I considered how Zone was, and did a little brainstorming in my head in order to find some improvements to do.

Besides what I and the future staffs will be asked to do, here are my little ideas to improve Zone a bit. New ideas that involves new features, harder strategy to define for the player, and so on.

1) We all know vehicles like bikes can drop mines. A LIMITED ammount of mines.
A little feature to show the remaining ammount of mines left of the vehicle you are driving wouldn't hurt.

2)Still on the vehicles, you might know that you can destroy them. Would it be possible to involve some stuff to improve the vehicles ? I believe so, but what then ?
-Vehicles repairing hangout, including maybe new protections that you can buy for your vehicle, some upgradings and further more, adding more mines to your vehicle if you don't have any ?
-New vehicles abilities. Don't know yet how you'd be able to do that, but maybe something to add to your vehicle to make it fly, a bit like jetpacks ?

New player power up and equipment giving more stats.
I would love to see this added, and I'm of course ready to help on this mostly:
Player equipments:
-Boots
-Vest
-Bandana/Beret/Helmet/Gas Mask
-Backpack?
-Anything else

Zone should have player statistics. Of course you can still choose your head, but other things like pants, helmet and such should be bought by the player to improve his own stats (more protection, etc..) This could also involve a rank-lock feature.

Oh god, this might be a little confusing, but I hope you see what I mean.

New planets
I believe a dropship battleground would be cool

Galaxy Fights ?

sandroviet0
12-18-2009, 06:20 PM
these idea's are great :D

Deas_Voice
12-18-2009, 06:23 PM
I'm unsure what your are meaning, with the stats and outfit,
you mean something like GK's clothes and hats that u have stats on?
itemize Zone, so u can trade 'n stuff?

DuBsTeRmAn
12-18-2009, 06:26 PM
Player equipments:
-Boots
-Vest
-Backpack?
-Anything else

The boots, How do exactly mean this? Like you can buy better boots to move faster? Or just looks?

About this Backpack idea, I have had this idea for my Server.. You will have a standard backpack which can carry a few weapons, And you can put like different weapons in it to use.. (You can change the weapons at the terminal or something @ dropship)
You can buy better backpacks to carry more.. But this wouldn't fit Zone because zone doesn't have like trade-able weapons / you don't buy weapons (cept for the 5 in trader shop)

@ Deas his answer..
I don't think the clothes will have stats.. Well they shouldn't, It will be toomuch GK, and that isn't Zone

Soala
12-18-2009, 06:29 PM
Stats on clothes would improve Zone, even if it makes it a bit more like GK.
But the only statistics I see really happening are protection, speed, health, stamina and maybe slow/poison resist.

DuBsTeRmAn
12-18-2009, 06:32 PM
Stats on clothes would improve Zone, even if it makes it a bit more like GK.
But the only statistics I see really happening are protection, speed, health, stamina and maybe slow/poison resist.

Bad idea if you ask me, But that is just how i think about it now.. It could be better..

Tough, The new players would have a real bad chance at getting good. The experienced players will have better protection, higher speed, more health etc..

Soala
12-18-2009, 06:36 PM
Bad idea if you ask me, But that is just how i think about it now.. It could be better..

Tough, The new players would have a real bad chance at getting good. The experienced players will have better protection, higher speed, more health etc..

Today's games are all made like this. It just requires time to get better, but I hope seriously hope there will still be a chance for new players to make it to the top. I know it's hard, but there is no way.

Elk
12-18-2009, 06:39 PM
GunZ the duel has a nice system, maybe adapt that one a little?

theres Armor Power, Health Points and the Shields
possibly even weight, so if one wears alot of stuff that is heavy, you will be slower...

i.e I hate the rocket thingy that lets you fly on zone...it should let you be slow on ground as its heavy

DuBsTeRmAn
12-18-2009, 06:43 PM
GunZ the duel has a nice system, maybe adapt that one a little?

theres Armor Power, Health Points and the Shields
possibly even weight, so if one wears alot of stuff that is heavy, you will be slower...

i.e I hate the rocket thingy that lets you fly on zone...it should let you be slow on ground as its heavy

Rocket thingy? You mean the jetpacks? XD

Soala
12-18-2009, 06:46 PM
I believe he meant the jetpacks, and he's right about them, you should be slower on the ground when equip'd

By the way, added a little more ideas.

sandroviet0
12-18-2009, 06:50 PM
just tell stephen about the ideas and maybe they gonna work :)

DuBsTeRmAn
12-18-2009, 06:51 PM
just tell stephen about the ideas and maybe they gonna work :)

Stephen will read this, And also give his review.. But having comments from the players is also good, We will have to play with it if they release it.

Deas_Voice
12-18-2009, 10:16 PM
i got an idea, make it so u can do /sit to sit anywhere! i saw a newb trying to do /sit xD.
oh and, what happened to that Dance that Switch(?) made? :o

pooper200000
12-18-2009, 10:48 PM
i got an idea, make it so u can do /sit to sit anywhere! i saw a newb trying to do /sit xD.
oh and, what happened to that Dance that Switch(?) made? :o

Hato (Paper_Mario) made it.

I think you are referring to the dance party ganis?

jkool666
12-18-2009, 10:54 PM
A little feature to show the remaining ammount of mines left of the vehicle you are driving wouldn't hurt.
That would be very nice :).

Player equipments:
-Boots
-Vest
-Backpack?
-Anything else
Equipment has been suggested before, I don't like it. I don't know if an already pro-player should recieve bonuses ontop of their current equipment. Some players can already be an 1 man (or lady) army, giving those players extra HP or increased speed would be a poor idea.

Deas_Voice
12-18-2009, 11:01 PM
Hato (Paper_Mario) made it.

I think you are referring to the dance party ganis?

yeah.

seanthien
12-19-2009, 12:16 AM
I heard about this thread, I didn't read it at all, sorry.

I don't think these ideas are something that can bring in a high amount of players that'll stay. Changes should be made before updates in my opinion.

I like the idea of a forcefield or something though..Maybe adding stats. Clothes adding stats? Don't like it, ruins the whole purpose of wearing something for a unique look.

Stephen
12-19-2009, 06:00 AM
I'm really happy to see some suggestions with some MEAT to them! Nice ideas :)

Clockwork
12-19-2009, 09:16 AM
Hold shift to run (with run gani ), rather than double tapping to move a tiny bit faster.

New Modes of gameplay on planets, modes like Zombie, VIP, Search and destroy, and Darkness! (Almost complete darkness/fog, bullets flash to reveal your presence...

Grenade clicking. I dislike grenades being pretty much like a directional fire gun. I'd like to see grenades being able to be thrown to a certain area you highlight with your mouse.

Perks! It's sorta unoriginal, but it makes so many games more fun, as you can from a few different perks! (Perks being abilities/skills that make you do something a little better; run a bit faster, shoot a bit faster, maybe phase out for a second (w/ a cooldown) to avoid bullets, more hp, more en....)

Flash grenades, smoke grenades! I had both on my old wartime server and they were fun! ^^ Flash grenades make the screen of the nearby enemies turn white for a moment (and the white fades out), Smoke grenades make the white cloudlike particles you can walk under and such.

More advanced Radar! I wanna see my allies moving smoothly when I press m, I don't want to see jerky teleporting markers.

Updated Landmine graphics....

An urban map (these were fun back in the sog days, though it wasn't exactly modern ,you had houses and such to enter all in one, big gmap. )

Highlighting! Press M and mark a position on the map for a few moments for all your teammates to see.

I have more, but I think I put enough XD

Elk
12-19-2009, 01:53 PM
very cool aeko!

MajinDragon
12-19-2009, 03:48 PM
Sorry Soala but i think how zone is adding equipment that gives already elite players a bigger advantage would be a terrible development.

Oh and i love all of Aeko's ideas, if they were all implemented zone would be bad-ass .

Here's my 2pence:

Remove the weapons from the gelat shop, place them in the normal shop, and some in black market shops (because i liked the suggestion of quest for zone that i saw in a thread) which should accept cash and not gelats. Keep the pay monthly aspect of these weapons but also include an unlimited option which should cost a decent amount of cash.

To fill the gap that removing the weapons from the gelat shop would create: Clothes for gelats and widgets (things for healing like cookies) for gelats. limit all players to some basic set of clothes, have them pay gelats for clothes that last 1month/3months/6months/lifetime and widget packs. But because widgets could be bought for cash too, introduce new gelat only widgets like speed/armor/energy boost and ones for repairing their vehicle while they're in it.

I'm not sure if they're around, but some organized team based events are always good fun and bring the player-count up.

Heh again, hats off to Aeko, you really did cover alot of in-battle perks

Dnegel
12-19-2009, 05:16 PM
Make alot of blood come out of the people when they get hit by a bullet or a grenade etc.

Elk
12-19-2009, 05:38 PM
Make alot of blood come out of the people when they get hit by a bullet or a grenade etc.

I'd love that too!
Maybe Stefan could even seperate bodyparts so if you shoot in your legs you can't move fast anymore or so...like COD

DuBsTeRmAn
12-19-2009, 06:14 PM
I'd love that too!
Maybe Stefan could even seperate bodyparts so if you shoot in your legs you can't move fast anymore or so...like COD

Ouch i got shot in my hand now my dual pistols went to single, That would be fun xD

Elk
12-19-2009, 06:20 PM
head could mean vision
maybe have something like a drunk-effect
you walk in waves

Crono
12-19-2009, 06:38 PM
Zone was always a skill based server that didn't go by how long you've been playing for benefits and whatnot, so I am against adding equipment for stats.

jkool666
12-19-2009, 06:57 PM
I don't think these ideas are something that can bring in a high amount of players that'll stay. Changes should be made before updates in my opinion.
Ohhh yeah, completely agree.

Zone was always a skill based server that didn't go by how long you've been playing for benefits and whatnot, so I am against adding equipment for stats.
And I don't think some of these new players realize how unbeatable certain players will be if they get upgrades ontop of their current equipment...

Soala
12-19-2009, 07:29 PM
Stop arguing on this, I was only throwing ideas together :P

Nataxo
12-19-2009, 07:32 PM
Okay so I considered how Zone was, and did a little brainstorming in my head in order to find some improvements to do.

Besides what I and the future staffs will be asked to do, here are my little ideas to improve Zone a bit. New ideas that involves new features, harder strategy to define for the player, and so on.

1) We all know vehicles like bikes can drop mines. A LIMITED ammount of mines.

2)Still on the vehicles, you might know that you can destroy them. Would it be possible to involve some stuff to improve the vehicles ? I believe so, but what then ?
-Vehicles repairing hangout, including maybe new protections that you can buy for your vehicle, some upgradings and further more, adding more mines to your vehicle if you don't have any ?
-New vehicles abilities. Don't know yet how you'd be able to do that, but maybe something to add to your vehicle to make it fly, a bit like jetpacks ?

I completly agree here.

Player equipments:
-Boots
-Vest
-Backpack?
-Anything else

Zone should have player statistics. Of course you can still choose your head, but other things like pants, helmet and such should be bought by the player to improve his own stats (more protection, etc..) This could also involve a rank-lock feature.

Oh god, this might be a little confusing, but I hope you see what I mean.

New planets

Galaxy Fights ?

New outfits would be nice, but I'd say don't just add them to the outfit terminal, but give complete set of outfits for ganing a certian rank or achivments.

For example.

Reach Soldier Rank - Green soldier camo hat
Freeze 100 people - get a icy cape
Reach Elite rank - get a rambo outfit
Win 20 events - get prisioner outfit (there's already one made by jesper i think)
etc ;)

EDIT:Meh

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/4908/ghbdfghfdghdfghdfhghfu2.png (http://imageshack.us)

But I don't like the idea of the clothes giving you extra bonuses :x just so they look rare/smooth on you.

About new planet... I'd rather you guys create more entretaiment to the dropships, like a REAL shot target range, with turrent AND guns. and other things.... like a lobby to eat just for fun or w/e.

Galaxy fights would be awesome, but I think Zone Staff should focus on other things first :).

fowlplay4
12-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Things to consider:

Items in the Gelat Shop that don't ruin the game.

Fixing the Trial Bar text's engrish, "Upgrade Now to get more weapons and more"

jkool666
12-20-2009, 02:15 AM
Items in the Gelat Shop that don't ruin the game.
Naw U dun't make senzee.

Devis
12-20-2009, 04:08 AM
i still thing there have to be more reward for being a high rank, like the plasma sabre and not the stat outfit. AND the binocolars and Cb ? (in suit at Q ) have to work finaly.
and than the binocolars with sniper view.

i like the idee of nat allot to maybe trading medals for outfits.

-New vehicles abilities. Don't know yet how you'd be able to do that, but maybe something to add to your vehicle to make it fly, a bit like jetpacks ? speeder

but the idee fo buying mines for vihicles than they have to do more damage or real cheap :P

quit with galets and only if you`re gold give a money boost or if you're trail you dont earn money. or like old times dont save the things you did.

seanthien
12-20-2009, 09:09 AM
i still thing there have to be more reward for being a high rank, like the plasma sabre and not the stat outfit. AND the binocolars and Cb ? (in suit at Q ) have to work finaly.
and than the binocolars with sniper view.

i like the idee of nat allot to maybe trading medals for outfits.

-New vehicles abilities. Don't know yet how you'd be able to do that, but maybe something to add to your vehicle to make it fly, a bit like jetpacks ? speeder

but the idee fo buying mines for vihicles than they have to do more damage or real cheap :P

quit with galets and only if you`re gold give a money boost or if you're trail you dont earn money. or like old times dont save the things you did.

Someone decode this for me.

Soala
12-22-2009, 09:13 PM
Okay let's forget about the clothes stats and all that crap.

New ideas:

Taking back Aeko's smoke bombs, we could aswell implement an infrared vision or a thermal vision to see players through those. Would work the same than the mine detector

RevolutionJS
12-22-2009, 09:43 PM
An Idea:
Option for squads to sent an invitation to a player to join the Sqaud.

Clockwork
12-24-2009, 07:41 AM
Okay let's forget about the clothes stats and all that crap.

New ideas:

Taking back Aeko's smoke bombs, we could aswell implement an infrared vision or a thermal vision to see players through those. Would work the same than the mine detector

Smoke grenades wouldn't last long enough to bother switching, and if you did, so what? You cant fire while looking through vision.

Lord_Conorr
12-24-2009, 08:59 AM

I don't understand why that is so important. When I'm on zone, you either have mines, or you don't. Nobody sets one mine in one place, then gets off the bike. Even if they do get off the bike though, the bike resets and it has 5 again. You need about 5 to kill someone to begin with, so using any less than that amount is simply foolish.

A repair hangout is... not too bad of an idea, I guess. Still, I don't see the need to have to repair a vehicle... since there are so many you can steal on Iciria. Unless its for another planet and another vehicle, like a mech.. then perhaps it could work.

The speeder could fly, but thats not what you mean.. now is it. Still, that'd make the vehicle harder to hit (unless tazed), and they already have a good chunk of life. Maybe adding a machine gun wouldn't be so bad.. but at that point you may as well just let the person on the vehicle shoot with their gun while they drive.

Player equipments:
-Boots
-Vest
-Backpack?
-Anything else

I actually thought of that once, but it probably isnt a good idea. It may imbalance the game too much and it can cause a lot of madness. It's best to balance everything else before doing something like that.

New planets

No! Zone has enough planets :/ . Perhaps more events is what you mean, but for the actual planets.. there are enough, if not -too many- planets right now.

Overall, not that bad. I'm glad someone wants to lend some ideas out to Zone anyway..

Soala
12-24-2009, 02:05 PM
About the planets I believe we could remove one or two.

jkool666
12-24-2009, 07:11 PM
About the planets I believe we could remove one or two.
Perhaps rather then remove them, we just leave them permanently closed except for events. No one plays them anyway unfortunately. Which is quite sad, Alpha Free for All is one of the most fun planets out there when you get 15+ people against each other.

yo_momma516
12-24-2009, 10:21 PM
New planets

I've always wanted a dropship battleground. It'd be pretty cool.

PowerProNL
01-01-2010, 09:19 PM

Lol, like a speeder? but without premium fly^^