PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions thread (Formerly: We're listening...)

Pages : [1] 2

cbk1994
10-17-2009, 08:40 PM
We've got some plans for this "new Era", but we also know that a lot of players also have some very good ideas. So, what do you really want to see? A smaller GMAP? More or less guns? Let's try to figure out what changes should be made so that we can start making them.

December 5th - Edit by TSAdmin:
Okay, after some heavy moderation, I have literally halved this thread's page count and got it back into a respectably clean suggestions-only looking thread. It is to be kept this way. The minute this thread veers off-topic or breaks forum rules further, it's locked.

Elizabeth
10-17-2009, 08:42 PM
i want to see less staff blocks & better jobs

Crono
10-17-2009, 09:06 PM
Improved tileset based on the current one.

cyan3
10-17-2009, 09:42 PM

I agree, an updated tileset would be great for Era :)

fowlplay4
10-17-2009, 10:05 PM
Mountains and such.

salesman
10-17-2009, 10:08 PM

Been trying to get that for quite a while now, but it's close to impossible to find an artist willing to take on the task (without lowering standards).

Dragonosteel
10-17-2009, 10:13 PM
I liked the one guy's (Crono's?) idea where people could team up and go kill bosses for pay. Make guns drop from the NPCs. That could get the participants some of the better guns that are worth 10m.. lol

LordSquirt
10-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Been trying to get that for quite a while now, but it's close to impossible to find an artist willing to take on the task (without lowering standards).

This is true. We've been asking around, however, no one is up to it.

BlueMelon
10-17-2009, 10:53 PM
Guns where you can pick up, but when you get killed you drop them. They are very low quality guns found in Gang bases.

edit:

Spar weapons. You choose what weapon you want to spar with.
Low to high quality guns.

cyan3
10-18-2009, 12:36 AM
Speed boats would be a fun addition or at least some new forms of transport.

Dnegel
10-18-2009, 01:01 AM
Enjoy.

First I wanna thank the group Survivor for giving me the good music, while I write this.

These suggestions is just me giving Era Staff some work.

Unstick me / OSL
Well, here's my suggestions for Unstick me ;
1. I have always wanted Unstick me to be a nice place to stay, not a place with roads... It would been nice if it were more benches, chairs, tables and more grass there. Bringing the place more to life.

2. I bet some of you know there's a little sewer level near the ATM in Unstick me. Wouldn't it be nice to maybe make more rooms there, with a little hospital and a gun shop, that sells guns that aren't in shops anymore ( Yes. ).
In my opinion it's just odd that f.eks a Glock 18 aint in a shop, it aint like that. There are many Glock 18's spread around in Real Life ( I know it's a game... ) It's just my opinion though.

Mall
Yeah, suggestion about the Mall ;
1. The mall is a great place to show off your items to people passing by, which can give you a good chance to sell it if the player really wants it.

I send in a Ticket about the price that it need to be changed, I got a reply back from Cbk1994 saying he had changed them to 50 $ for a Stall in 5 minutes and 25 $ for 15 more minutes. Which made me pretty happy, because then I was pretty sure more people would use the mall than "Massing" all day.

Well, I said to people that it was lowered. Many didnt belive me, but some did hopefully. So they started using the mall, but after One' week or more they stopped using it. I dont know why, but it had to be something.

I ran around in Mall when people were there, until I found out that like 80 % were Trials selling flowers, rocks, cigarette packs and other items which is worth little... Also the "Rich" people had so much items, that they could only put on Five items, so they would rather Mass...

I really like the Mall, and would love that every "Masser" would use them, seeing many people in one building thinking Two things, Having a good time & Earning some cash.

This wasen't even a suggestion im sure... But atleast now you guys know what my opinion is about the Mall.

Cars and other transport things.
1. Cars should really be used more, im sure Era would become VERY awsome with everyone actually "Using" their cars, instead of just having them.

One week ago, I walked down the street to my locker in South Rigde. Then I saw Two noob looking people with a car, then one of them buyed it. Then the other guy said : cool! ( He had the white head, and two shotguns. A fresh noob. ) :P
Then I walked to the person that had buyed the car and said : Press F to open the doors. :-)

He opened the doors, then the friend walked near the car and pressed A. Then when he got in the car he said : lets drive to free zone

Then they drived up the brigde, fast.
After I saw that, I felt good. And it looked so awsome having a car, then I wanted to get my white car back. :P

2. Motorbikes and Scooters would been cool. Let us say, like in the GTA games you can drive and shoot if you have an Uzi. ( Giving a hard suggestion here. )

Anyways, if they were made you could drive around. And then you could shoot with uzi to Left or Right, that would been freaking cool!

Also the Scooters and Motorbikes had diffrent attributes.

The Motorbikes are fast, but bad acceleration and bad handling.
While the Scooters are slow, but got an decent acceleration and great handling.

Era Suggestions
I've seen pictures on the Graalonline site, then I see after 2 days they got a new weapon. And after 1 Week they get more buildings and Land Mass, which is pretty nice.

1.MANY houses on Era is empty, and give NO sense. The Gas Stations f.eks just there, no "Link" to a new level. Exept the one in South Rigde ( It got the level finished, but nothing in it... ) Also the Arcade shop at Beach is nothing, and the house east of Gun Point.

Era's houses should give sense, and have a level. If not then it shouldn't be there.

2. Im pretty sure this will not be tolerated, but im still going to say it.
There's a Chinese Stylish house South West of Unstuck me, it would been a great place to talk about new things, Like politic. ( About 50 $ to the enter each time. )

Time : It starts at about 8 PM on Fridays.

Requires : Atleast 2 Staff Member, preferably Squirt or Crish Vimes.

The spot is good because, it's near Unstuck me. And it is there for NO reason, well it is a PK area though.

It would give also Noobs a chance to give suggestions, and say what they mean.

Okay, that was mostly it. *Phew*

Credits

Writer : Rjax Shizibz ( Me )

Music : Survivor. :P

Special thanks to : Graal Forums, My Gelats,
Fox Shatz and of course Era!

Tim_Rocks
10-18-2009, 01:57 AM
i want to see less staff blocks

We have a plan to limit staff blocks being used. For example when there's a glitch with a NPC shop, normally what we'd do is just block it off. But basically if there's a problem we would just go inside and say ":lock building" or ":unlock building". This should help anyway :p

swift
10-18-2009, 06:00 AM
Era has been screwed over every time because of a bad economy.

If you put E-V-E-R-Y single weapon in an NPC shop that stocks x300 then there is a SET price.

Meaning if you buy a gun you can't try to sell it for an insane price because its rare. It will have a set price meaning players can buy it from the shop or try to lurk the streets for someone selling it for a lower price.

Doing this will keep every item at a controlled price, thus solving the economy problem :)

kia345
10-18-2009, 06:04 AM
Abandon player businesses (restaurants stockable by players, gun shops/the like restock themselves based on weapon quality), improve melee weapons (they just suck now, I don't know how to describe it), and most importantly, this (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80204)

Guns where you can pick up, but when you get killed you drop them. They are very low quality guns found in Gang bases.

edit:

Spar weapons. You choose what weapon you want to spar with.
Low to high quality guns.

These are pretty cool. I hardly play Era, but those both sound pretty cool from the exposure I've had.

cbk1994
10-18-2009, 06:15 AM
If you put E-V-E-R-Y single weapon in an NPC shop that stocks x300 then there is a SET price.

We have plans to do something similar to this; basically, we will have a "pawn shop" where you can sell back most or all weapons/items. This establishes a minimum price for the item. By selling the guns in the shop, we've set a maximum price as well.

khortez
10-18-2009, 07:16 AM
i'd like to see rare weapons getting recycled instead of deleted or a player logging off and never returning with them.

like instead of a rare weapon getting deleted, on a account thats on the verg of reset, take the weapon and put it in a shop at the price that it was when it was first released in shops. i know auction house is supposed to be there, but usualy its whoevers the richest gets it first not everyone has a chance of getting it. if a player is found to never return, take the gun off him and do the same. and refund him (in case he does log back on)

swift
10-18-2009, 07:28 AM
we have plans to do something similar to this; basically, we will have a "pawn shop" where you can sell back most or all weapons/items. This establishes a minimum price for the item. By selling the guns in the shop, we've set a maximum price as well.

thank you.

Dnegel
10-18-2009, 11:20 AM
I really hope New Era will have every gun in every shop, because like swift said, it will make an maximum price. Just what we need to fix the economy!

Era will go high! :p

swift
10-18-2009, 07:29 PM
I also want to add that there should be more then 1 way in earning weapons.

There could be a smith or some place in the sewers where you can create a certain gun. You have to gather all the supplies (which after the reset cost alot more then normal) and you just make it. Then you get it, with out having to buy it, which is why the supplies cost more.

Or, say the job added is some kind of Mafia/Hitman work or anything along those lines, maybe as you work your way up through the missions/ranks with this Mob you can earn a weapon from a certain mission.

Dnegel
10-18-2009, 08:24 PM
Yes that would been really nice.

Venom_Fish
10-18-2009, 08:42 PM
I guess my initial request was denied, very well... :[

Well, all these ideas are all fine and dandy, but mainly redudant.
What I want to see is PKing being more "mandatory" in a way, as well as structured so that to escape death becomes more of a chore than to face it.

Mainly: You are not able to use a healing item in any No-PK Zone but the hospital.

There's many other things that I doubt you'd get around to and would rather you didn't and hurry up with this reset.

Frankie
10-19-2009, 02:06 AM

Meaning if you buy a gun you can't try to sell it for an insane price because its rare. It will have a set price meaning players can buy it from the shop or try to lurk the streets for someone selling it for a lower price.

Doing this will keep every item at a controlled price, thus solving the economy problem :)
this is pretty much what I wanted to do.

but make sure you balance the guns right. the key to this whole idea is balanced guns. if every player has access to a wide variety of guns, and there's a supreme gun that is better than the rest, guess which players are going to buy and have unlimited access to? yeah.. make guns more of a preference. not something that players have because it dominates everything else.

Vman13x
10-19-2009, 03:44 AM
I hate the idea of npcs dropping guns, this is era not zod.

CharlieM
10-19-2009, 05:43 AM
If guns were truly balanced you could still have rarity, because it would be based on preference not how good the gun is. But honestly I'd like to see some urban area with lots of nooks and crannies that would be completely pk zone except for maybe 1-2 hospitals.

DustyPorViva
10-19-2009, 05:45 AM
More balanced PK. More newbie support, less laming... so on and so forth.

kia345
10-19-2009, 05:48 AM
More exits to the ****ing hospital

cbk1994
10-19-2009, 06:26 AM
More exits to the ****ing hospital

The hospital will be placed at unstick me, so the exit will lead out to a no-PK zone.

Feonix
10-19-2009, 07:37 AM
Less lag, it seems that every computer i play era on will constantly lag on the gmap.
It just randomly freezes sometime's, don't know why or how to stop it. :(

salesman
10-19-2009, 07:41 AM
Less lag, it seems that every computer i play era on will constantly lag on the gmap.

All of the primary systems have been (or will be) rescripted and are MUCH more efficient. We will also try to reduce the number of NPCs scattered around the gmap, and rid ourselves of laggy gani scripts.

cbk1994
10-19-2009, 08:36 AM

I'm not exactly sure what causes the lag. I think it has mostly to do with the huge number of NPCs on the GMAP.

I don't experience (and never have experienced) any lag on Era's GMAP, even when using low-end systems.

DuBsTeRmAn
10-19-2009, 01:05 PM

:]]]

Dnegel
10-19-2009, 05:00 PM

Yes, newbie support is what era really needs if we want players! :cool:

deathbarrier99
10-20-2009, 01:21 AM
Mainly: You are not able to use a healing item in any No-PK Zone but the hospital.

This is such a Bounty Hunter-centered idea it's ridiculous.

Here's one idea that I think is pretty neat:

Expand the gmap: Separate the gmap into 5 parts (north, south, east, west, and central) and each sector has a unique purpose.

1. North Era: This is the industrialized sector of Era.

Shops: This sector contains unique gun shops only found in this sector
Jobs: Salvage (metal found in scrapyards) can be used to make parts for guns or sold for profit
PK Area(s): Box Factory
Gang: Blazian Bandits in an abandoned warehouse

2. West Era: This is the suburban sector of Era.

Shops: This sector contains player houses, the Hospital, the bank, and the mall
Jobs: Mailing and trash picking
PK Area(s): Regency Theater
Gang: Tachi in a mansion (like it is now)

3. East Era: This is the rundown ("ghetto") sector of Era.

Shops: This sector contains underground, Black Market shops
Jobs: Maybe a daily quest where you have to rob a bank or a store
PK Area(s): All of the sector
Gang: Los Carteles in a rundown apartment complex

4. North Era: This is the mining sector of Era.

Shops: This sector contains a mineral shop and raw materials to be used in the Industrial sector
Jobs: Mining
PK Area(s): Abandoned mine shaft
Gang: Black Holst in a diner or something

5. Central Era: The OSL, the only No-PK zone

This separation of the map makes everything less cramped and centralized towards the OSL. Perhaps there could be special quests in each sector or events. Also, this enlargement of the map allows for public transportation (trains, buses, etc.)

cbk1994
10-20-2009, 01:40 AM
separate the GMAP

We need a smaller, more PK-focused GMAP, not one like Angel was planning where everyone will be spread out (much like your plan).

salesman
10-20-2009, 01:59 AM
snip

I agree that the gmap should be more organized and "separated" instead of just being randomly thrown together as it pretty much is now...but in terms of size, I think we should focus on a smaller, more pk-friendly, gmap.

kia345
10-20-2009, 06:47 AM

I personally love this idea. I suck at pk'ing on Era, so it's really upsetting to play around on the beach digging, get attacked, and then manage to not only chase the guy down, but grind them down to 10 hp, only to have them duck into a shop, heal, kill me, and "ownt noob ez lol". I'm sure other newer players are turned off by this too.

cbk1994
10-20-2009, 06:50 AM
I could see disabling healing items to a certain extent, as well as limiting the number of no PK zones as well. I'll keep this in mind.

truecrimes
10-20-2009, 07:20 AM
I could see disabling healing items to a certain extent, as well as limiting the number of PK zones as well. I'll keep this in mind.

NO! Limiting the number of pk zones is a foolish idea, Theres plenty of no pk zones already. Plus if watch your gmap you can see when someones coming down there, just go away for awhile or find a new spot.

cbk1994
10-20-2009, 02:01 PM
NO! Limiting the number of pk zones is a foolish idea, Theres plenty of no pk zones already.
You just contradicted yourself :confused:.

CharlieM
10-20-2009, 02:30 PM
You just contradicted yourself :confused:.

You said you were looking at limiting PK Zones.

His point is
Do not limit PK Zones, there are already too many no-pk zones where people can hide.

Now to break it down.

PK Zone=Where to shoot, aka players take damage.

No-PK Zone= No damage done to player if you shoot them.

However the sentence structure you used would link the statement you made to limiting the pk zones that healing items can be used in.

Frankie
10-20-2009, 02:35 PM
don't you mean limiting no pk zones?

Dnegel
10-20-2009, 05:20 PM
Here's what I want if era is divided into 5 pieces.

South Era
Got a beach and must remind us about Miami, with alot of lights, nightclubs, bars and other Special structures. :fro:

West Era
West Era should be just chaos, and have alot of dead bodies, blown up cars and alot of "Badass" content spread around. West Era does also sell alot of weapons.

East Era
East Era should be a city like place, with many houses (Playerhouses) and shops that sells funiture and other great things for houses.

North Era
North Era should be a huge mountain side, with a huge mine and many jobs to do there (Hard work.)

Central Era
Central Era should be a beautiful place, with parks and Mall (Of course.) There should also be gas stations and cafe's and shops, that sells alot of "Fun items" like on GreenRoads Cafe. They should also sell Cigarette packs.

Event Items
Many events items are just odd, you should be able to buy bubblegum and cigarette packs in gas stations and shops. Also event items should be VERY hard to get, alot of time must be used to get these items.

I think that was it. ^^

Imperialistic
10-20-2009, 09:12 PM

South Era
Got a beach and must remind us about Miami, with alot of lights, nightclubs, bars and other Special structures. :fro:

West Era
West Era should be just chaos, and have alot of dead bodies, blown up cars and alot of "Badass" content spread around. West Era does also sell alot of weapons.

East Era
East Era should be a city like place, with many houses (Playerhouses) and shops that sells funiture and other great things for houses.

North Era
North Era should be a huge mountain side, with a huge mine and many jobs to do there (Hard work.)

Central Era
Central Era should be a beautiful place, with parks and Mall (Of course.) There should also be gas stations and cafe's and shops, that sells alot of "Fun items" like on GreenRoads Cafe. They should also sell Cigarette packs.

Event Items
Many events items are just odd, you should be able to buy bubblegum and cigarette packs in gas stations and shops. Also event items should be VERY hard to get, alot of time must be used to get these items.

I think that was it. ^^

I don't play Era much, but this seems fun and would attract me to Era.

cbk1994
10-20-2009, 11:19 PM

Yes, you're right. Oops.

BlueMelon
10-20-2009, 11:20 PM

South Era

West Era

East Era

North Era

Central Era

Event Items

I think that was it. ^^

Best idea so far. I like the whole "dead bodies, bar, lights ect.

Venom_Fish
10-20-2009, 11:33 PM
That sounds all fine and dandy, but putting it in speculation... it seems Era GMAP would have to be huge... which to me seems unnecessary... if the Geometric structure of the game is whats going to make you want to play the game, you're uhh... a weirdo.

A small map, that has all the necessities and is pk-friendly. Lets keep it simple, lets face it... I don't think 90% of the players give a **** where the Gun Shop is relative to anything else, as long as there is a gun shop. Hmk?

kia345
10-21-2009, 02:17 AM
I think it would be better to just have a npk mode for chumps who don't want to take part in pvp. /pk or /npk. In order to switch to no-pk, you must be in a no-pk zone (hospital, osl), and have no weapon out, nor attacked within x amount of time. Once you've went into no-pk mode, you have to wait a couple minutes before switching back. To switch out, you must still be in a no-pk zone, and it takes 5 seconds after you opt to go into pk mode for it to actually work (that way you can't rush out of no-pk mode hitting people).

idk era

sam_is_me
10-21-2009, 07:30 AM
I agree with:
Smaller Gmap.
Wil's idea of no eating in non-pk zones (except hospital).

Now:

Give people more incentive to PK. I log onto era, and everyone is idling in osl massing trade after trade. I don't know about the rest of era, but I'm pretty sure player killing is one of the main attractions era provides (whether gang organized or not). When no one is pking, it makes the game, well... boring.

-The ranked spar is a great idea. Just add a prize to it at the end of the week (for the weekly spar champion, and the all time), that is worth more than just a statue (perhaps 5 event coins or something)

-For every accomplishment you get on the sparstats system, you get another prize (small prize for easy accomplishment, huge rare prize for hardest accomplishment)

-Perhaps the "Top killer" award, that is awarded to the top pker every month or such, giving them a "title" or something cool where everyone can know they are the top pker, and something like 5 event coins or more.

-Gang prizes for topping the gang point list. Like if Tachi is the lead gang in points, they get more door HP or something cool like that.

Little things like this to get people more involved in PKing would help the fun-factor of the game a lot.

cbk1994
10-21-2009, 07:41 AM
-The ranked spar is a great idea. Just add a prize to it at the end of the week (for the weekly spar champion, and the all time), that is worth more than just a statue (perhaps 5 event coins or something)

It would be cool to add some of the Bounty Hunter awards (more HP, healing faster) to the spar system. That would be a big motivator, I think, for using the spars.

TSAdmin
10-21-2009, 10:57 AM

We have plans to do something similar to this; basically, we will have a "pawn shop" where you can sell back most or all weapons/items. This establishes a minimum price for the item. By selling the guns in the shop, we've set a maximum price as well.

To these, a compromise: Why not just include in the array in the item system a fixed price for weapons? When an item is dropped into some form of trading system such as the Mall or Trade window (Maybe not so much this, as one may choose to trade one gun for another, or entirely for free), it's price is automatically added to the total price of the sale. Along with this would come a price list GUI type thing.

This combines to eliminate:
*The clutter of putting EVERY gun into shops at a fixed price
*Enhances the usefulness of a Pawn Shop (Either try to find a buyer, or throw it in at the Pawn shop at a slightly "Used" rate of return)

this is pretty much what I wanted to do.

but make sure you balance the guns right. the key to this whole idea is balanced guns. if every player has access to a wide variety of guns, and there's a supreme gun that is better than the rest, guess which players are going to buy and have unlimited access to? yeah.. make guns more of a preference. not something that players have because it dominates everything else.

To which my suggestion is LESS guns. If anyone suggests MORE guns, they're insane for two reasons: There's already too many which is leading to the difficult task of "balancing" them to make them all different in some way. Besides that, there are guns in the item system not even being used at all.

I believe that anywhere someone can walk, they should be able to be killed there. Just because I go into a level labelled "Shop" doesn't mean you're immediately immune to harm. I really only see 3 necessary No-PK zones for the sake of "Fair Play".

*Unstick me
But not the HUGE area that it is now, more like the reasonably sized area I had when I was manager that was only No-PK within the grassy/sandy perimeter of the hedges and side walks.

*Hospital
Why this should be No-PK for "Fair Play" reasons is blindingly obvious anyway, and is enhanced by the idea of making the Hospital exit out to Unstick Me.

*Event related areas
Including, but not limited to, the current EC Shop/Event House and Event Lobbies.

Next suggestion I have relates to the Event Economy as well. I'm torn between suggesting the removal EC's as an item (You can't drop them anyway) and replacing them with a statistic viewable in the players profile (MAYBE followed by event ranking? That's another story), OR leaving them as an item but make them transferable between players. Either way, my ultimate suggestion is to make EC's have a physical or non-physical purpose, as at the moment they're just an item you can't get rid of unless you spend them on meaningless items you didn't want in the first place.

cbk1994
10-21-2009, 02:10 PM
I highly doubt players would follow the price list. It would be very difficult to gauge the price of items, and they would constantly be changing as well.

CharlieM
10-21-2009, 02:28 PM
I highly doubt players would follow the price list. It would be very difficult to gauge the price of items, and they would constantly be changing as well.

Honestly if guns were balanced prices wouldn't be crazy

Dnegel
10-21-2009, 05:17 PM
Yes, there should be something that makes the players wanna go out and pk.

But it would been neat if there were "Gangsta" shops around era, with PK. So you need to be carefull with your money, and remove some guns, like the blasted Crizen and Bulldog, they are "Future" weapons...

Demisis_P2P
10-25-2009, 07:19 AM
I believe that anywhere someone can walk, they should be able to be killed there. Just because I go into a level labelled "Shop" doesn't mean you're immediately immune to harm. I really only see 3 necessary No-PK zones for the sake of "Fair Play".

*Unstick me
But not the HUGE area that it is now, more like the reasonably sized area I had when I was manager that was only No-PK within the grassy/sandy perimeter of the hedges and side walks.

*Hospital
Why this should be No-PK for "Fair Play" reasons is blindingly obvious anyway, and is enhanced by the idea of making the Hospital exit out to Unstick Me.

*Event related areas
Including, but not limited to, the current EC Shop/Event House and Event Lobbies.

This man speaks the truth.

Because Era doesn't use the normal PK system (at least not directly) it's possible for one level to be a PK zone for one person and No-PK for another person (It's already like this in some of the spar levels). So it should be possible/feasible to get rid of ALL No-PK Zones and replace them with No-PK Conditions.

The other positive is that people who are in No-PK are already unable to hurt people who are in PK so there can't be any laming.

Some examples:
1. You enter unstick me. You've been shot in the last 5 minutes. It's a PK Zone for you. (In case you don't want to wait 5 minutes before you can go AFK you could add a second condition that if you stand still in certain levels for 30 seconds they become a No-PK zone, this gives anybody who might still be chasing a kill a fair chance to kill the person before they are safe).

2. You enter unstick me. You haven't been shot in the past 5 minutes. It's automatically No-PK and you're safe.

3. You run into the hospital to heal, it's a PK zone for you.

4. You die and click yourself to go to the hospital. It's a No-PK zone for you, for 5 minutes, or until you leave.

5. You walk into a shop/bank. It's a No-PK zone for 5 seconds and then you can be PKed. If you get the 5 second No-PK zone safety more than 3 times within 30 seconds then you don't get the No-PK zone safety time anymore for 5 minutes (to prevent people from link laming into shops for protection).

There are probably better examples or better conditions that could be used but I think that the idea in general is worth seriously considering.

Pelikano
10-25-2009, 10:32 AM
Is it really possible to have two people at the exactly same position (not saying level) and it's PK-Zone for one of them and not for the other one?

10-25-2009, 10:34 AM
I love the new spar system- good job! ^^

cbk1994
10-25-2009, 06:21 PM
Is it really possible to have two people at the exactly same position (not saying level) and it's PK-Zone for one of them and not for the other one?

It's possible, but I don't really like the idea. Imagine running around unstick me shooting everyone trying to decide who was on PK and who was not.

However, there was a system once that if you got shot, you couldn't enter a PK zone for another 5 seconds or so. I'd be fine with something like this.

Nataxo
10-25-2009, 07:01 PM
make cars deal damage

Demisis_P2P
10-25-2009, 09:39 PM
It's possible, but I don't really like the idea. Imagine running around unstick me shooting everyone trying to decide who was on PK and who was not.

However, there was a system once that if you got shot, you couldn't enter a PK zone for another 5 seconds or so. I'd be fine with something like this.

Generally everybody at unstick me would be on No-PK if all it took was standing still for 30 seconds or not being shot in the past 5 minutes. If you're on PK and somebody is running around trying to shoot people, move.

Also, do you mean that you couldn't enter a No-PK zone? Would mean that Unstick Me would have to be moved indoors? At which point you'd just get people door laming the exit :(

And 5 seconds isn't really much time for somebody to evade getting shot. Especially when the shooter has gun freeze to deal with but the runner has nothing slowing them down. (Being shot slows you down??)

Venom_Fish
10-26-2009, 12:43 AM
Demisis pretty much hit the nail on the head, although I was aware that PK/No PK could vary from player to player, I really couldn't find the right wording to propose it.

I'm still not understanding what Chris Vime's rebuttal is, couldn't you simply add an indicator as to who's in PK Mode and who's not? As well as add a condition where you can't enter "PK Mode" while in a No-PK Zone. Tie things like that in with the previous conditions Demisis just named, and you have yourself a grande fiesta.

cbk1994
10-26-2009, 12:48 AM
I'd rather see something where you can't enter a no-PK zone if you've shot someone in the past 2-3 minutes.

5 minutes is too long either way, and it's not fair if you're just walking around the overworld and get shot; it's not running unless you fight back.

Venom_Fish
10-26-2009, 01:15 AM
Well, thats why when you click Era in F8 Serverlist, its pronounced as the "dangerous streets". Era is revolved, and centered around PK. In other words, when you enter a PK Zone, you should understand that anything goes, its survival of the fittest. Get fit, or keep dying to be quite frank. Which isn't appealing to a non-pker like yourself, but for those of us who started playing Era and loved/love to PK (which probably sums about just about a vast majority, if not all of era), thats an ideal era.

Plus not being able to enter a No-PK Zone still makes no logical sense or solution or improvement to what Demisis said. Nor does it contradict it, its basically a lesser version of what he said, and why would less be settled for?

xnervNATx
10-26-2009, 03:15 AM
well i think era would benefit having a place where you can sell your guns(any) at a 50% of the buying price in shop(exemple:Crizen = 50k could be sold back at 25k in shop), that way its could be good.

Rave_J
10-26-2009, 05:31 AM
i say
we should have a smaller gmap
kind of like when era was first went classic only reason they made it bigger is cuz the player count was massive but now its not no more so go back to smaller also i think business should be change up a little bit
and mining instead stop at 7 u put in the machine make it stop at 10 like it use to be.
bring back Pather Inc. :)
i would like to see speedy pizza and GC as a player run business instead of a npc.

make stocking levels :)

Rave_J
10-26-2009, 05:38 AM
also i think all business should of a business loan to get a business existing or not and u have to pay it back to the bank if not the business gets auction so thats way business always stays active

sam_is_me
10-27-2009, 05:04 AM
This man speaks the truth.

Because Era doesn't use the normal PK system (at least not directly) it's possible for one level to be a PK zone for one person and No-PK for another person (It's already like this in some of the spar levels). So it should be possible/feasible to get rid of ALL No-PK Zones and replace them with No-PK Conditions.

The other positive is that people who are in No-PK are already unable to hurt people who are in PK so there can't be any laming.

Some examples:
1. You enter unstick me. You've been shot in the last 5 minutes. It's a PK Zone for you. (In case you don't want to wait 5 minutes before you can go AFK you could add a second condition that if you stand still in certain levels for 30 seconds they become a No-PK zone, this gives anybody who might still be chasing a kill a fair chance to kill the person before they are safe).

I agree with most of this.
I think TSA has a great idea about the 3 no-pk conditions.

However to Demisis' idea, I think that instead of "if you have been shot, the zone is pk for you" it should be "if you shoot someone, the zone should be pk for you".
That's my opinion.

But I strongly agree with making unstick me a much smaller square than a whole block. I think unstick me has become too inviting for the playercount, so they just chill there instead of go out and pk.

DustyPorViva
10-27-2009, 05:06 AM
The, "if you've been shot, you're still pk" is probably so people who are being chased can't run from being killed. That is fair to the PKers in a way, I think.

Demisis_P2P
10-27-2009, 08:16 AM
I think unstick me has become too inviting for the playercount, so they just chill there instead of go out and pk.

I don't think that is a problem with unstick me. It's a problem with the game as a whole.

If PKing were more rewarding then people would be PKing instead of standing around. It doesn't matter how big or how small unstick me is.

You spend all this time doing repetitive jobs to buy guns and ammo, and then when you go out to try and use them as soon as you get somebody to low health they run. After a while you start to wonder what the ****ing point is.

Basically: Running and healing is too easy.
Anybody with half a brain could run away from a PKer all day and never get caught, even without going into No-PK zones. (Running around buildings, anybody?)

Whereas the runner can always run away at full speed, the PKer is burdened by the freeze on his gun, so every time he fires another shot the runner gets further and further away.
One idea that I proposed a while ago is making the player's speed decrease as their health decreases.
140HP (100% health) = 100% speed.
120HP (86% health) = 96% speed.
100HP (71% health) = 92% speed.
80HP (57% health) = 88% speed.
60HP (42% health) = 84% speed.
40 HP (28% health) = 80% speed.
20 HP (13% health) = 76% speed.
1 HP (0.7% health) = 72% speed.
Although I agree that you can't really make running harder because if somebody doesn't want to PK they shouldn't have to die. In this case a player running around innocently who gets shot at and doesn't want to fight back will still be fast enough to get away, but a player who fights back and tries to run on low health will have a more significant speed disadvantage (but probably still be fast enough to get away and to fight back effectively).
(Would also need to be disabled in spars).

At the moment whether you run or you die you're always going to need to heal practically your full HP amount (assuming you run at one hit from death).
So another thing that you could do is to change healing to make dying more efficient/appealing than running and healing, by:
Slowing down the rate of healing in beds.
Making it so that when you die and click yourself you appear in the hospital with your health already set to 70, so you only need to heal the remaining 30-70 health.

Admins would probably be reluctant to change healing though, because it affects everybody, not just runners; and it affects other systems (bleeding rate might need to be changed to increase your chance of surviving wounds, etc).

These changes alone probably aren't enough to stop people from running, and definitely aren't enough to "save PKing", most of the PKing changes that need to be made are within the gang system, as that is really the core of PKing on Era. But I think that both of these ideas have some merit and and should be considered and maybe even tested, even if the numbers need to be tweaked and played around with.

/end essay

swift
10-31-2009, 05:04 AM
Hey guys! I've been thinkin about this for awhile and it came to me in a vision!
(not really)

Ok.. So, the only non - PK area is the hospital, and inside shops. (Cause say you're buying something and someone kills you for money.) they would just be camped.

But any who. Theres a new force on the job! Every where else is PK, inside, outside where ever.

Your gun has a safety mode on it so you can't accidently shoot. But if you do shoot, NPC police will try to kill you. You can't escape them. If you're being chase by police you can't enter a non-pk zone. They will chase you till you die. Also, if you shoot a player or kill a player then you get stronger/more police on you. If you kill an officer you get more officers/stronger officers on you.

Though this doesn't occur around gang bases / inside gang bases because it would disrupt gang raids.

BUT: This would encourage and discourage to PK because they would be A: afraid to be chase by police and B: WANT to be chased for the fun and seeing how long you can hold out.

Just a suggestion. Don't flame about it.

Andre2006
10-31-2009, 02:48 PM
If cars are still going to exist I would like to see a driving school. Where you need to complete multiple tasks before getting a car license =)

Old_Days
11-02-2009, 03:22 AM
Make a system in which players can create rooms and play their own events with people who join their room. So then everyone doesnt have to play the same event everyone else plays. No ETs needed anymore. The ET system is getting old anyways, everyone is getting bored, especially the ETs that host LMS, Chance, CTF in that order over and over again.

swift
11-02-2009, 03:44 AM
Make a system in which players can create rooms and play their own events with people who join their room. So then everyone doesnt have to play the same event everyone else plays. No ETs needed anymore. The ET system is getting old anyways, everyone is getting bored, especially the ETs that host LMS, Chance, CTF in that order over and over again.

AWESOME IDEA :D :D :D :D :D :D

make it so people can use in game tile changer like on the R2R thing for UN.

So people can make their own events, they could have a tag called (Host) with boots, :heal commands and :pk :pk off stuff and anything an ET has besides EC give aways. but they can't summon.

Vman13x
11-03-2009, 02:15 AM
To add to hectors idea, you should be able to get in a car and try to run, then cop cars chase after you, and if anyone helps you they become an accomplice and get hunted down.

Arakonda
11-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Yeah that'd be nice, everyone being hunted down by cop cars...
:noob:

Frankie
11-03-2009, 05:18 PM
events aren't fun when there's a small amount people playing them. if you have all these different events going on at once the players will be split up. instead of 5 people in one event, 5 people in another, and 5 in a 3rd event, I'd rather have 15 people in 1 event.

AWESOME IDEA :D:D:D:D:D:D

make it so people can use in game tile changer like on the R2R thing for UN.

So people can make their own events, they could have a tag called (Host) with boots, :heal commands and k k off stuff and anything an ET has besides EC give aways. but they can't summon.
this won't work at all. there's a lot more to events than just levels. they need to be scripted as well. you can't just throw players into a room with an online tile editor and expect them to be able to create events.

swift
11-04-2009, 05:43 AM
Also for after the reset, for melee weapons like the bamboo stick, katana, scythe and such, I think there should be some kind of speed boost for them. I mean, if people use melee weapons vs gun well its way unfair. All they have to do is strafe and run while tapping D and you're dead. The speed boost will allow the melee user to out run them so they can't be kited. Kinda makes it a little more fair for melee users.

Venom_Fish
11-04-2009, 10:00 PM
I don't think speed should be altered or tampered with in any way shape or form anymore. There's too many foreseeable problems, that can be prevented by just one-set speed. Melee Weapons, if used properly, are a useful part of a "team". In a one on one battle, you should be able to hold your own with a melee weapon against a gun, it requires alot of dodging but its doable. So, they're not purely useless, that being said, they could use a "buffing" but not extra speed, thats excessive. More damage, special effects.. etc etc.

To balance things out, since its hard to hit a player that is using a gun, reward them with a small bonus for having accomplish that. The (stun) feature was awesome, until it was incredibly nerfed for unclear reasons.

Demisis_P2P
11-05-2009, 08:18 AM
Based on a quick look at the melee weapon script this is what I could find out:
Punch freezes player for 0.2 seconds, and all other melee weapons freeze for 0.3 seconds.
They all have the same hit radius and time between swings.
And they all have the exact same durability, except weapon 8, which is the axe.

If you rearrange the order of melee weapons (mainly to make axe 13) you could use equations to automate some stuff.
Such as setting the freeze to physicalweapon/100. Weapons up 5 would have 0.05 freeze, weapons 6-10 would have 0.1 and weapons 10+ would have 0.15 freeze.
Create a new condition based on a timevar(timevar2? I don't know which is which) so that you can only swing again if lastmeleeswing >= physicalweapon/100 + 0.1. Which would result in furious 0.1 second punches, 0.15 seconds for weapons 1-5, 0.2 seconds for 6-10, and 0.25 for 10+.
Damage area could also be expressed with a variance of ±tempweapon/13. So weapon 1 would hit 0.07 tiles further to the left and right than normal (basically no effect), and weapon 13 would hit 1 tile further to the left and right than normal (which could allow for some mean diagonal hits from axes, if you're accurate).
tempswings (how many swings before your weapon takes a durability hit) could be expressed as an integer of tempweapon^0.5+2 so that weapons 1 and 2 would take 3 swings, 4-8 would take 4 swings, 9-13 would take 5 swings, etc.
Damage would probably still need to be set manually in a string, just because it's nice to have control over that.

TLDR version: Melee weapons should be based on time between swings and not freeze.

Old_Days
11-09-2009, 09:34 PM
events aren't fun when there's a small amount people playing them. if you have all these different events going on at once the players will be split up. instead of 5 people in one event, 5 people in another, and 5 in a 3rd event, I'd rather have 15 people in 1 event.

this won't work at all. there's a lot more to events than just levels. they need to be scripted as well. you can't just throw players into a room with an online tile editor and expect them to be able to create events.

You guys are getting me wrong, we shouldnt have like players with boots and editor and stupid **** like that, then there will just be ETs again right? There should just be 1 player with simple controls, as in, :start :stop :reset.

If too many people want to create rooms, well; just make players pay to get a room. Obviously that will pose a problem with EC's, we cant have hosts handing them out to favorites and such. So a simple solution would be to get rid of them.

Now **** in the EC shop can be bought for money. Everyones happy.

The levels and stuff will already be available for players who buy the room. So thus no need to edit them in any way. Maybe your also asking, well if we get rid of ecs then whats the point of events? Answer: Thats the problem with events now, no one joins them for fun anymore, they just want EC's, events should be for fun and entertainment.

With love
-OD

Dnegel
11-09-2009, 10:49 PM
He got a point there, 80 % rather vote for Chance, Race, or CTF.They dont take PK Arena, because they will prove that they suck and die and get death points...

darthSaKi
11-12-2009, 10:27 PM
I think the idea for districts on Era isn't bad (see the previous ideas for a N S E W and Central Era), but I don't think the inclusion of districts calls for a larger GMAP. Honestly, we should expect that the highest peak in playercount Era will ever have to handle at once will be around 100. In my opinion, a GMAP half the size of our current one would be more than sufficient. The bottom half of the current GMAP (Ocean and SR) is hardly used, and the northern quarter of the GMAP hardly gets any use either. The same goes for the sewers GMAP which could be sized down significantly.

That being said, I think it might be neat to have the new Ear divided into two pieces by a waterway, giving us a north and south Era, or an east and west Era, or maybe even a downtown district on one side and a "projects" district on the other. Two gangs could be situated on either side. OSL could be a park area near the center of the map. I think two bridges crossing over the water way would be sufficient for passage between the districts, and having only two passageways restricts traffic flow to two points and provides parties with a fun place to set up ambushes. The sewer systems from both parts of Era could empty into the waterway, so players could also go throw the sewers, emerge on the GMAP and swim across the waterway, then enter a sewer passage on the other side. Industrial-type complexes could be located along the waterway, because water is an important resource in many industrial processes (like cooling hot machinery). Also, a toxic river due to industrial chemical dumping (HP drains slowly while in the water) would add a nice grunge element.

The beach is a pretty popular place, so the waterway could empty into a lake or ocean on one side of the map, and this could be the location of a fishing job. I do think mining is kind of a staple of Era, and an important source of industrial resources, so a mountainous mining region could be on the side of the map as the lake/ocean. Between the mountains could be a large dam, which is the origin of the waterway that partitions Era and also the source of electricity for the city.

-------------------------

On a different note, the discussion of guns has been popular. I think that guns should mainly be specialized with different attributes. One way to balance guns would be to have certain stat categories, and then limit the number of stat points each gun will be allocated. In this way guns with lots of spread and fast firing rates will have to trade off for more freeze and less damage. Although it adds complication to the balancing process, I don't think the number of guns available on Era should be reduced. Having lots of gun options makes the server for colorful, if there were just like 6 guns to choose from the server would be very bland. On the same note, god-guns like the SMGPK also make the server bland because that's all anyone (with enough wealth) will want to use. Emphasizing trade-offs in gun pros/cons allows for players to develop unique styles of play, makes combat less generic, and allows Gang/Party groups to be more versatile.

------------------------

I don't think NPC police forces are a good idea. For one, a lot of the lag on Era has been attributed to NPCs-- more NPCs won't help that problem. Secondly, the AI sucks and so battle encounters with NPCs are anything but smooth. Your bullets can appear to hit NPCs but not do any damage, and they can appear to miss them and do damage. Plus NPCs constantly get stuck, have no ability to dodge, and aren't fun to fight. In reality dealing with NPC opponents is just a matter of spraying bullets until the problem goes away. If we can't even find an artist to bring the tileset up to standard, an NPC cop system would surely be a disaster.

Dnegel
11-13-2009, 12:03 AM
Love it!
I posted ideas that was the same before. (I think?)
But I agree, Era needs to have some variation, and give the world some unique looks. ^^

CharlieM
11-18-2009, 02:40 PM
Hate to say it but maybe you should do a gun system like zone has, except still have the guns able to be bought ingame and kept ingame, with ingame money. I mean the rental type thing zone uses, might make some money for Graal as long as its not forced to pay or you can't ever get the gun

cbk1994
11-19-2009, 01:59 AM
Hate to say it but maybe you should do a gun system like zone has, except still have the guns able to be bought ingame and kept ingame, with ingame money. I mean the rental type thing zone uses, might make some money for Graal as long as its not forced to pay or you can't ever get the gun

It makes sense from a business perspective, and I have no doubt a lot of money could be made, but I'm completely against any gelat shops on Era.

Dnegel
11-19-2009, 04:03 PM
It makes sense from a business perspective, and I have no doubt a lot of money could be made, but I'm completely against any gelat shops on Era.

Making Era to have Gelat Shops will destroy everything, it's just ****. :mad:

swift
11-20-2009, 07:48 AM
I think Era having a set of customizable guns would be wicked sick.

Like the Fn2k, I've seen the image for it and there is seriously like 50 different images for it with different attachments, like the Grenade launcher, the sights, and the scope.

These should be taken advantage off. I say make a system where people can customize a gun. (If they have a gun that is eligible for it.)

Foresight Attachment: More accurate shots, and less spread.

Scope Attachment: Kinda the same concept as a sight but I'd say add something to it that makes it different in a way. Like maybe like even more spread or something I'm not sure.

Grenade Launcher Attachment: Do I need to explain this one?

Extended Magazines: Bigger clips, you can hold more ammo then regular. But reload time takes a small toll of being a bit longer.

Rapid Fire Tap: A gun enhancement increasing fire rate of your gun by a small amount.

Higher Caliber Bullets: This just means the bullets do more damage, but they are a lot stronger and have more kick back then other bullets so they cause more freeze. Maybe increasing damage by 2-3 or maybe even 4-5.. with a toll of extra freeze.

Also some kind of add that could increase the speed of reload time.

Certain attachments can be added together! But only things that make sense, like say you can't have the higher damage attachment + the faster fire rate attachment. It would make it completely over powered. Say something like, extra mags + faster reload, or say the Scope/Sights with Mags/Reload, or even maybe higher bullets with a grenade launcher. But nothing super ridiculous.

There would be about 5-6 weapons that are not super hard to obtain that are eligible for these attachments, and the attachments cost a small fee to replace, add, or remove.

I think it allows Era to be able to customize their own originality in PKing and not waste time buying a totally different gun in a minor change they want with their weapons.

Yes most of the changes would be seen/noticable in-game, yes you'd need more GFX's/Ganis.

Lets give Era the power to be creative.

cbk1994
11-20-2009, 07:50 AM
I've never liked the idea of a wide variety of guns, or being able to customize guns, but Sales does, so it looks like you're in luck >_<

swift
11-20-2009, 08:08 AM
I've never liked the idea of a wide variety of guns, or being able to customize guns, but Sales does, so it looks like you're in luck >_<

owned.

It's not a lot of guns. 5-6?

If you're planning on keeping 2-3 guns on Era after the reset. Era's population will drop to a good 5-10 people on normally. :)

I think there should be like at least 15 - 20 different kinds of guns after the reset there's like some what over 50.

CharlieM
11-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Its a cool idea, just has to allow multiple attatchments if you do it..One thing that makes me pissed at mw2 im not going to use bling when I have marathon pro..Sorry im ranting

Dnegel
11-20-2009, 05:17 PM
More guns, more variety, more history, I love to have alot of choices.

I myself think Era should remove every "Plamsa" gun, like the Bulldog, Crizen Etc etc.

Era should have as many as possible guns, and the guns should have attachments yes, like taking Scope off or on. Would really make PK'ing interesting.

But ofc it's my opinion, dont get angry about the "Remove" Plasma line.

cbk1994
11-20-2009, 06:13 PM
If you're planning on keeping 2-3 guns on Era after the reset. Era's population will drop to a good 5-10 people on normally. :)

There were at least a couple of months (probably more, but I remember these) with just the base guns (Uzi, Handgun, Ak47, Shotgun) where Era managed to easily keep 100+ players on most of the day.

EclipsedAngel
11-20-2009, 08:13 PM
Why did you guys ruin the car for a while?

salesman
11-20-2009, 09:52 PM
There were at least a couple of months (probably more, but I remember these) with just the base guns (Uzi, Handgun, Ak47, Shotgun) where Era managed to easily keep 100+ players on most of the day.

got boring eventually though and everyone wanted more guns

Dnegel
11-20-2009, 10:12 PM
One thing that drags the attention of players are updates! That is the secret behind gettin' people to check the server out if the update(s) sounds interesting.

And if the player haven't tryed Era before, he / she checks the update and think like "Oh it was cool, but not that good." OR he may love it. ;)

Then the player explores alittle more because the guns and players drags the attention, and then the player starts thinking and wanna try more, and he starts trying to earn money to get a gun and ammo.

Players wants updates!

LoStSuRfEr1
11-21-2009, 12:14 AM
I want to see a zombieland event

Dnegel
11-21-2009, 12:21 AM
I want to see a zombieland event

What do you think im making in Graal Editor? lol :p

Rave_J
11-21-2009, 09:15 AM
i think u guys should bring nothing new from the current era to the new era besides basic graphics and tileset. all guns and business and gangs and quest should be erase. damn were bored out of our mind with the guns u guys have now and was in the past so why use them for the new era. why not make everything new dont even think about era even exist. like i said before. Erase the economy and stuff and have maps like bf2 where its just fighting the end

Dnegel
11-21-2009, 02:16 PM
i think u guys should bring nothing new from the current era to the new era besides basic graphics and tileset. all guns and business and gangs and quest should be erase. damn were bored out of our mind with the guns u guys have now and was in the past so why use them for the new era. why not make everything new dont even think about era even exist. like i said before. Erase the economy and stuff and have maps like bf2 where its just fighting the end

Would been cool if it all started over! :D

Then the players had only a few guns to buy, and the map was pretty small, but then more and more updates comes and people starts loving it more and more.

I would love to experience Era from the start thil' the end.

swift
12-03-2009, 07:51 AM
I'm also up for farming as a job after the reset.

You can grow crops, use tools, rent equipment/machines, ect. ect.

There's a market you sell the produce to, and like.. there's seasons where some produce sells for more then others. Like times where something grows richer then others. Like better corn, or better tomatoes.

Also same thing with fishing. Like say in the Era News there's a story (kinda like a role play story) about a warm current that came in and a ton of fish are around so they are easier to catch or bigger and sell for more.

Things that make jobs unique at certain times. Could work for mining, farming, fishing, wood cutting, almost anything.

Mark Sir Link
12-03-2009, 11:39 PM
It'd be nice if newer players could find out the quality/value of guns.

A tooltip showing accuracy (spread), power (damage per bullet), firing speed would be a good start for this.

Dnegel
12-04-2009, 01:19 PM
There should be more interesting jobs yes, like who haven't said it before?

And car missions would be cool if they were more... Dangerous.

johnmd91
12-10-2009, 01:56 AM
why don't you just make more player owned houses like the sewer houses or something, clearly people are happy when these things come about

CharlieM
12-10-2009, 03:17 AM
why don't you just make more player owned houses like the sewer houses or something, clearly people are happy when these things come about

but then I couldnt have 2 south ridge houses and feel special

Old_Days
12-10-2009, 10:06 PM
To be honest sewer houses suck because theres no sense of "levels" as in upstairs, downstairs, etc.

The only reason people like them is its because its right near unstick which = quick healing place.

DuBsTeRmAn
12-10-2009, 10:44 PM
To be honest sewer houses suck because theres no sense of "levels" as in upstairs, downstairs, etc.

The only reason people like them is its because its right near unstick which = quick healing place.

If i had one of those sewer houses, I wouldn't like having it because it is close to unstick me.

I would like having a house to sit down and store my items.

Old_Days
12-10-2009, 11:31 PM
If i had one of those sewer houses, I wouldn't like having it because it is close to unstick me.

I would like having a house to sit down and store my items.

Yeah well to be honest I shouldve bought a SR house, but belive it or not they do get boring unless its some mystical wonderland with like 20 levels.

I also think for this new Era that there should be like a list you can pull up where people can put their events up, and people join their events, and basically these "events" would be a warp to their house for whatever reason they want.

Lets say i wanted to have a house party, then I would go to the events list, type the name of what it is, type a description, pay like 500 bucks, then hit ok. Boom a bunch of players come to my house for whatever reason now.

CharlieM
12-11-2009, 12:36 AM
hotkeys plz

Old_Days
12-12-2009, 07:59 AM
I think Era should have a large system of caves for the mines, like a cave gmap.

Elk
12-12-2009, 01:28 PM
solve the playermarket problem
people earning money with trading is ridiculous and not server friendly, also destroys the community because all players just want to sell weapons
someday nobody wants to buy anything anymore

you need an infrastructure or so

Herb_P2P
12-12-2009, 01:49 PM
I'd like to see another Twee >_<

LordSquirt
12-12-2009, 03:45 PM
I want Dippin' Donuts to sell jelly donuts!

LoStSuRfEr1
12-12-2009, 05:47 PM
solve the playermarket problem
people earning money with trading is ridiculous and not server friendly, also destroys the community because all players just want to sell weapons
someday nobody wants to buy anything anymore

you need an infrastructure or so

i concur

Venom_Fish
12-13-2009, 10:07 PM
Make the new tileselt, you've been at 0% completion for months now.

salesman
12-13-2009, 10:21 PM
Make the new tileselt, you've been at 0% completion for months now.

Our biggest problem has been trying to find a competent artist who would actually be willing to take on the task. We've recently hired a new staff member (Luke) and might have a second one to help out soon, as well.

The tileset is a top priority, but it is not the only priority. There is still much development in other areas that needs to be done, so the tileset hasn't set us back as far as overall development goes. If it had been finished "months" ago, we would still be waiting on other things before being able to use it publicly anyways.

Old_Days
12-14-2009, 02:41 AM
The tileset is a top priority, but it is not the only priority. There is still much development in other areas that needs to be done, so the tileset hasn't set us back as far as overall development goes. If it had been finished "months" ago, we would still be waiting on other things before being able to use it publicly anyways.

But why is it such a top priority? I know having a new tileset would be very nice, but I would truly hope you guys dont hold back the release of new Era.

To me, I dont think a bunch of new pretty pictures made on the tileset is going to change the gameplay that much, a top priority in my opinion would be to get a bunch of kick ass systems done. Then after the whole basis of that is done, make all the gmap-levels-etc, with the old tileset. At this point you guys could let players on, then update the tileset as players are playing the new Era.

salesman
12-14-2009, 06:45 AM
But why is it such a top priority? I know having a new tileset would be very nice, but I would truly hope you guys dont hold back the release of new Era.

To me, I dont think a bunch of new pretty pictures made on the tileset is going to change the gameplay that much, a top priority in my opinion would be to get a bunch of kick ass systems done. Then after the whole basis of that is done, make all the gmap-levels-etc, with the old tileset. At this point you guys could let players on, then update the tileset as players are playing the new Era.

Chris and I are not artists, so our time is spent on kick ass systems.

Dnegel
12-14-2009, 05:04 PM
Then after the whole basis of that is done, make all the gmap-levels-etc, with the old tileset. At this point you guys could let players on, then update the tileset as players are playing the new Era.

I agree with this, new Era should build up more and more like when first Era came. There would also be many updates each day, something fresh each day is nice to see. :)

Sinkler
12-15-2009, 12:08 AM
I agree with this, new Era should build up more and more like when first Era came. There would also be many updates each day, something fresh each day is nice to see. :)

Easier said than done.

Old_Days
12-15-2009, 01:54 AM
Not really, all they have to do is put their nose to the grind, Im sure people arent going to prosecute staff if they dont have a tileset at the moment.

I dont know about you but Id just like to get onto the new server, then ill worry about how pretty the pictures are, its the gameplay that counts.

Demisis_P2P
12-15-2009, 03:43 AM
Not really, all they have to do is put their nose to the grind, Im sure people arent going to prosecute staff if they dont have a tileset at the moment.

I dont know about you but Id just like to get onto the new server, then ill worry about how pretty the pictures are, its the gameplay that counts.

He means because of technical limitations, not because of how much work it'll take.

DarknessShadow
12-15-2009, 03:15 PM
hotkeys plz

Does anyone remember demisis's(I think it was) idea for a hotkey system,It seemed like a great idea,freeze between switching guns.
Also pk really needs to be balanced,the slow down when hurt feature seems like a great idea to stop people running in raids.

Dnegel
12-15-2009, 04:02 PM

That's right, why do you think I still like to play Zelda 1? ;)

cbk1994
12-15-2009, 11:53 PM
Instead of hotkeys, what if we made some kind of quick select menu on "W" or so, and you can navigate it with the keyboard? Shows the last 3 weapons or so.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/2627/quickselectmockup.png

Demisis_P2P
12-16-2009, 07:09 AM
Instead of hotkeys, what if we made some kind of quick select menu on "W" or so, and you can navigate it with the keyboard? Shows the last 3 weapons or so.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/2627/quickselectmockup.png

Just doing that won't really achieve anything. The idea isn't to make it easier to find weapons that you commonly use. The idea is to encourage the use of weapons that you don't commonly use and/or are a pain in the ass to try and use in the middle of a fight (namely grenades and explosives).

Pking has been the same for a long time.
1. Buy the most expensive gun you can.
2. Use that one gun 24/7 and hold D.
3. Try to buy a more expensive gun.

It'd be nice to shake it up a bit and try to make it more like other shooting games, where reloading takes more than just the time it takes you to tap the 'a' key. So that it's not possible to shoot an almost endless wall of bullets with almost any gun, and having more than 1 gun and switching mid-fight becomes viable, if not necessary to increasing your chance of surviving.
So that it'll be possible to rush somebody if you catch them reloading in the middle of a raid.
Or throwing a grenade around a table one way and then running around the other way to shoot your enemy, instead of just running around the table in circles forever and then giving up.

CharlieM
12-16-2009, 02:39 PM
I want quick equip hotkeys

Geno
12-17-2009, 07:38 AM
nuclear bombs

salesman
12-17-2009, 08:06 AM
nuclear bombs

we have those

salesman
12-17-2009, 09:53 PM
As far as hot keys go, I don't think being able to switch between any item with the press of a button is such a good idea. I definitely don't want players to be able to bind every key on their keyboard to a different item.

I'd prefer a more purposeful approach, such as having primary and secondary weapons. Of course, with this system, there would have to be something to balance it (like longer reload times). Players would be able to designate a primary and secondary weapon in their inventory and then switch between them whenever they are running low on ammo or are in a situation where one gun would be more useful than the other.

You would also be able to set a grenade/explosive in your inventory which could be thrown by pressing the "G" key.

We wouldn't have a limitless hot key system, but instead you would be able to easily switch between grenades (G), two guns (D; + some other key to switch), and melee (S)...a bit more organized.

e: I know this idea has been floating around for quite a while, just stating that I believe it would be our best bet for a "hot key" system

Good_Ol_Daze
12-17-2009, 10:43 PM
Fix the blackjack game. It doesn't recognize the Aces correctly.

Just won a hand with 25, and apparently Queen + King + 2 = 23?

Is this even blackjack?

Fulg0reSama
12-17-2009, 11:42 PM
Fix the blackjack game. It doesn't recognize the Aces correctly.

Just won a hand with 25, and apparently Queen + King + 2 = 23?

Is this even blackjack?

Reading that I wonder the same thing.

GarethOmni
12-18-2009, 02:11 PM
Something I would love to see is an option to add all ammo, or at least an option to add a certain# of ammo.
Instead of hitting D, you would hit F and be prompted to add all of the ammo type. It sure would beat mashing D like crazy to add like 60 boxes and at the same time be able to add a certain amount if you didnt want to add all of it. It would be smart to include in the prompt that you might hit your ammo limit if you add a large amount of boxes. IE: 100 boxes = 10k ammo, ammo cap will eat you alive.

Another cool idea would be to add a gui that shows how many kinds of each flowers you have in your inventory when you have the boomerang or flower basket equipped.
Like this:
Red Asters: 3
Sunflowers: 4
Yellow Mums: 5

That would make flower picking a bit easier, but it's not as useful as the add all ammo idea.

cbk1994
12-19-2009, 02:01 AM
We've managed to get Sage back on the team, so Luke and Sage are working together on the tileset, which is progressing very nicely. We might be able to post some screenshots soon, though I can't guarantee anything.

LoStSuRfEr1
12-19-2009, 05:25 PM
I would really like to see a players weapons be disabled after certain lag like say 250-300....

Venom_Fish
12-19-2009, 05:47 PM
To be honest, that idea isn't feasible nor worth it. Lag has been around, and will be around. I don't like it (when its forced-lag) but players who can't help it shouldn't be penalized. Era has a lower playercount already, that would just drop it further. In otherwords, that idea is silly.

Expecially to rely on ms count, its changes so quickly and sometimes becomes very inconsistant.

swift
12-20-2009, 06:05 PM
Make P4s attachable to your body again.

Dnegel
12-20-2009, 07:21 PM
Make P4s attachable to your body again.

Suicide bombers, setshield era_shield-p4.gif idk :blush:

swift
12-24-2009, 09:35 AM
Suicide bombers, setshield era_shield-p4.gif idk :blush:

You actually used to be able to hit F with P4 equipped and attach it to yourself and it'd show on your body then you'd run into a group of people and hit D and it'd explode.

TSAdmin
12-24-2009, 10:13 AM
You actually used to be able to hit F with P4 equipped and attach it to yourself and it'd show on your body then you'd run into a group of people and hit D and it'd explode.

I think the problem came about when findAreaPlayers() was changed in an NPC-Server update to Graal systems, so triggering it while it was player-relative rather than NPC-relative (which the normal P4 is, Non-Player) proved to be next to impossible without a certain delay that just annoyed the living crap out of people because they thought they were outside the P4-bombers range when in reality they were, but not 0.5 seconds ago. Also, 98[percent] of the time, the suicide-bomber wasn't affected either and lived when they should have in fact been the first to die.

cbk1994
12-24-2009, 10:33 AM
I think the problem came about when findAreaPlayers() was changed in an NPC-Server update to Graal systems, so triggering it while it was player-relative rather than NPC-relative (which the normal P4 is, Non-Player) proved to be next to impossible without a certain delay that just annoyed the living crap out of people because they thought they were outside the P4-bombers range when in reality they were, but not 0.5 seconds ago. Also, 98[percent] of the time, the suicide-bomber wasn't affected either and lived when they should have in fact been the first to die.

Well, I'm not quite sure how it worked, but from the way you described it it's totally possible but was scripted wrong. Was it something you actually placed on the ground and used a remote detonator, or did you actually run into a group of people like swift described?

deathbarrier99
12-24-2009, 11:08 AM
You attached the bomb to your player and could detonate the bomb with the press of a key.

There was no day but that's why it was so dangerous.

Dnegel
12-24-2009, 03:56 PM
I cant say it would be that cool. But if a noob looking person were hiding it, and running towards you, and waiting for you to axe him to dead. Then it would be something worth seeing.

12-24-2009, 06:15 PM
Any chance of getting a hotkey system for weapons/items?

You could make the thing in like a day, and I'm sure we'd all appreciate it..

deathbarrier99
12-25-2009, 01:12 AM
It's later in the thread, but I still want helicopters back.

Old_Days
12-27-2009, 04:34 AM
The new gmap would be smaller, according to several staff.

What the hell would be the need for helicopters? Another staff toy? They already got plenty.

12-30-2009, 07:40 PM
I find it hard to believe the minds are work on Era like Chris Vimes can't fix the issue with bullets disappearing when going over level links. It's annoying and allows people to cheat.

Hell, I solved it in the 2.17 client around 4 years ago by writing a simple custom bullet handler.

Liberated
12-30-2009, 08:06 PM
I find it hard to believe the minds are work on Era like Chris Vimes can't fix the issue with bullets disappearing when going over level links. It's annoying and allows people to cheat.

Hell, I solved it in the 2.17 client around 4 years ago by writing a simple custom bullet handler.

give it to them?

Loriel
12-30-2009, 08:23 PM
More creative quests, proper baddies, and some less repetitive/rectangular levels, maybe.

12-30-2009, 08:48 PM
give it to them?

Written in GS1, without an NPCServer, and written in 2002? =O

It's easy to do, have Chris do it. The pros outweigh the cons hugely.

Demisis_P2P
12-30-2009, 08:56 PM
Written in GS1, without an NPCServer, and written in 2002? =O

It's easy to do, have Chris do it. The pros outweigh the cons hugely.

There used to be something like this back when bullets were handled serverside, but IIRC it wasn't accurate (serverside bullets as a whole were pretty ****ty) and you ended up getting hit by ghost bullets anyway, while dodging visible bullets that half the time didn't hurt even if you ran into them.

12-30-2009, 09:07 PM
There used to be something like this back when bullets were handled serverside, but IIRC it wasn't accurate (serverside bullets as a whole were pretty ****ty) and you ended up getting hit by ghost bullets anyway, while dodging visible bullets that half the time didn't hurt even if you ran into them.

Well that means it was written badly :)

You can easily sync the bullets up using timevar2 and timevar.

And plus, bullets are not handled serverside anyway, so it's easy enough to work do this. And it would help boxes and barrels break/explode more reliably..

Nataxo
12-30-2009, 11:55 PM
So, Here are the ideas I liked the most and are not so complicated to do.

Improved tileset based on the current one. - Crono [I heard they're already working on this]

Speed boats would be a fun addition or at least some new forms of transport. - Felix

What I want to see is PKing being more "mandatory" in a way, as well as structured so that to escape death becomes more of a chore than to face it. - Wil Soul [Recently took care of with the five seconds timing?]

More newbie support - Dusty

More exits to the ****ing hospital - Pojo

make cars deal damage - Nataxo

If cars are still going to exist I would like to see a driving school. Where you need to complete multiple tasks before getting a car license =) - Zoo [Could be linked to the noob tutorial]

Let's get helicopters back in this b!tch - Lexus

hotkeys plz - Charlie

Dnegel
12-31-2009, 12:00 AM
So, Here are the ideas I liked the most and are not so complicated to do.

Improved tileset based on the current one. - Crono [I heard they're already working on this]

Speed boats would be a fun addition or at least some new forms of transport. - Felix

What I want to see is PKing being more "mandatory" in a way, as well as structured so that to escape death becomes more of a chore than to face it. - Wil Soul [Recently took care of with the five seconds timing?]

More newbie support - Dusty

More exits to the ****ing hospital - Pojo

make cars deal damage - Nataxo

If cars are still going to exist I would like to see a driving school. Where you need to complete multiple tasks before getting a car license =) - Zoo [Could be linked to the noob tutorial]

Let's get helicopters back in this b!tch - Lexus

hotkeys plz - Charlie

I think Dusty's idea was the best and most important one.

cbk1994
12-31-2009, 12:47 AM

Of course it's possible to create scripted projectiles, but these simply cause more problems, especially with people who lag.

12-31-2009, 10:59 PM
Of course it's possible to create scripted projectiles, but these simply cause more problems, especially with people who lag.

No they don't o.o

If you mean network lag, no, because they're handled exactly the same as bullets are- clientside. And you can improve synchronization over Graal's default by using timevar2 and timevar.

If you mean clientside lag, the difference in performance is extremely negligable and may even be an improvement over built-in projectiles.

It fixes all your problems with projectiles if you do it right :\

They won't disappear over level links, they'll actually work on barrels and boxes, and other things. Sure, it requires a bit of work, but it's not insanely difficult.

The way I did it was with arrays, stored x, y, an x movement vector, a y movement vector, a creation time, and a direction to face. Sent that information via a triggerclient type deal and stored it in other players, used the creation time to synchronize them more effectively than Graal's default, and then rendered a bullet gani at x, y with the direction stored. Collision was simple enough, obviously. They didn't have to be destroyed over level links on the same overworld. Worked fabulously.

If your idea was to spawn NPCs to work like bullets, forget that idea, it undoubtedly eats up network performance and clientside resources as opposed to the single system script approach described above. I see you did the separate NPC per bullet approach in one of your servers, I read a thread on it a while ago.

If I can do it in 2005, when I'm 11, in GS1, without an NPCServer, in the 2.17 client, with no visible performance difference on a computer with the processing power from that same time period, surely you can do it in the present, no? I remember there was no timevar2 then, so I had to play an MP3 in the background and use musicpos to get an accurate creation time :)

Loriel
12-31-2009, 11:10 PM
I remember there was no timevar2 then, so I had to play an MP3 in the background and use musicpos to get an accurate creation time :)

Man, I do not entirely agree with your post, but this is just badass.

DarkReaper0
12-31-2009, 11:32 PM
Listen to 1217, his stuff is usually the best if not a really good option.

Komali
01-07-2010, 06:00 PM
I want to see more pawn shops, or at least more guns moved to the existing one. The idea of being able to resell guns was genius and helps stabilize the market prices by preventing sharp shifts in value like I have seen with other guns.

Also, I really liked the katana but not everyone might agree on me with that.

Komali
01-08-2010, 08:35 PM
I think if there were more consumable items to buy and guns cost less it would keep the point of working but allow new players to join in faster and might raise the player count. Era could also implement weapon decay where after a while guns will break and have to be rebuilt, this would prevent the same players from holding on to rarer guns and have their prices soar to insane levels.

Fulg0reSama
01-08-2010, 09:50 PM
I think if there were more consumable items to buy and guns cost less it would keep the point of working but allow new players to join in faster and might raise the player count. Era could also implement weapon decay where after a while guns will break and have to be rebuilt, this would prevent the same players from holding on to rarer guns and have their prices soar to insane levels.

to go on from this dudes request it'd also give that one shop with the gun parts public player use too. because technically isnt it for just businesses who create the guns?

CharlieM
01-08-2010, 10:54 PM
to go on from this dudes request it'd also give that one shop with the gun parts public player use too. because technically isnt it for just businesses who create the guns?

Yes, I also think player buisnesses should be brought back!!

GarethOmni
01-13-2010, 02:56 AM
I have a few Event Suggestions:
For ULMS, Make it have a 30 second delay for those that say leave. So basically someone that says leave has to wait 30 seconds to click the warper and get back into the event.
This would also be handy to discourage people leaving when a spar event is starting up so that they get paired with people that wont own them.

Another option for ULMS would be to have an option that automatically denicks gang or business tagged individuals while in an event level.
ULMS isn't very fun/fair when there are 7 gang members going against 4-5 others in the level.

Venom_Fish
01-13-2010, 04:35 AM
Well, I wouldn't do the tags thing, since sometimes its kind of fun to fight the gangs. Its ULMS after all, and there's no prize. The leaving thing is a problem though.

Dnegel
01-13-2010, 07:12 PM
I have a few Event Suggestions:
For ULMS, Make it have a 30 second delay for those that say leave. So basically someone that says leave has to wait 30 seconds to click the warper and get back into the event.
This would also be handy to discourage people leaving when a spar event is starting up so that they get paired with people that wont own them.

Why haven't this been brought up before?!

swift
01-14-2010, 06:59 AM
Lets see event coins used for something more useful then just ammo for the weapons that were stocked 1 time in the event shop and then removed forever. (flak, bow, flame thrower, lightsaber). In my opinion, don't even put weapon type items in the event shop unless they will be restocked daily. It's like a race for the first 300 ecs to buy the 1 flak cannon that will be released so you can make it priceless.

Also I like the idea of adding more groups and organizations that promote PKing. Like Ninja, Bounty Hunter, PPA, EIA, Era Police. ect ect. But please.. absolutely under no circumstances, no special tag locked weapons.

Players just wanna join things like these for the special over powered weapons.

The business makes money, have a secret base, and have their own outfit and usually some kind of grab hat. They don't need an overpowered that the leader gets to "distribute" to pals. If they want something like that, they can force their members to use a certain gun that's already released on Era.

Kenshin851
01-14-2010, 08:38 AM
From a previous post I had, on a different thread, posting it on here too since it's a suggestion.

Ehhh the things I have thought of..

Bring back Era Police, temporary 5 minute jails if your on a gang tag and get killed by a cop.. Make the Police a raidable shop, Make it almost like a gang with a little authority ya know? So if a gang gets raided by cops their fellow members can raid the Cops base and break them out.. then they can hold down the cops base.. Raiding.. for a reason?

Moveable furniture.. This can be taken 2 ways.. people could use it for laming.. Or for another idea which is blocking the safe.. Which I'll get to.

Bring in racketeering.. For NPC shops or Player ran shops.. doesn't matter.. but all the money the gang makes from it goes to their safe.. They have to defend the safe from raiding gangs who are trying to break into their stash..

DarkReaper0
01-15-2010, 06:01 AM
A Fight Club.

swift
01-16-2010, 07:08 AM
Lets see the /sethat command usable by the public after the reset.
Add an upload option where you can upload your own hats, and make them personal.
example: era_personal_swift-hat2.gif

Better yet, make it public on current Era.

Dnegel
01-16-2010, 03:08 PM
Add an upload option where you can upload your own hats, and make them personal.

Like it was before!

I second this!

Frankie
01-16-2010, 03:11 PM

I don't know. I agree with this, but disagree at the same time. I think it's a little ridiculous that hats are such sacred items. but then again, they are one of the few things that can give a player a unique look. I wouldn't want a bunch of idiots running around with the same purple aviators that I have.

swift
01-16-2010, 07:10 PM
I don't know. I agree with this, but disagree at the same time. I think it's a little ridiculous that hats are such sacred items. but then again, they are one of the few things that can give a player a unique look. I wouldn't want a bunch of idiots running around with the same purple aviators that I have.

That's why there would be personal hats, and they are basically just like bodies, heads, or shields. People make their own unique styles.

Frankie
01-18-2010, 03:40 AM
That's why there would be personal hats, and they are basically just like bodies, heads, or shields. People make their own unique styles.
what good are personal hats if you can just take the image, re-name it, and have PRs upload it?

cbk1994
01-18-2010, 03:57 AM
what good are personal hats if you can just take the image, re-name it, and have PRs upload it?

We can do the same thing we do for heads (we have a system that automatically checks for duplicate personal head uploads) but it's no good if they change the format, re-export it, make a small modification like a pixel, ...

Liberated
01-18-2010, 09:00 AM
We can do the same thing we do for heads (we have a system that automatically checks for duplicate personal head uploads) but it's no good if they change the format, re-export it, make a small modification like a pixel, ...

maybe it can check for like a % match? I mean if even 50% matches that's already quite alot.

cbk1994
01-18-2010, 09:39 AM
maybe it can check for like a % match? I mean if even 50% matches that's already quite alot.

It's not quite that simple. The way it works is that it looks for heads with the exact same file size (down to the byte) from a list of corresponding head paths and file sizes. If it matches, it's most likely a duplicate. However, there are rare cases where there are two heads with the same file size, so it also compares the contents with a string check.

Changing this to actually load every file, parse it as a PNG/GIF/MNG, then compare each pixel would be nearly impossible and definitely not worth the effort (except maybe for experience in programming, I guess).

01-18-2010, 05:58 PM
There's no need to do all that, simply parse the file's contents out, byte for byte, and generate a hash, then compare hashes. Of course merely changing a pixel or adding some header information would **** you over, but whatever.

Alternatively, you could sample a certain coordinates for the head, like where it faces down, and store the RGBA values with a threshold to permit. Then compare a few pixels aganist each other, only 32x32x3 bytes to parse if you do them all anyway, wouldn't take that long.

Old_Days
01-18-2010, 07:41 PM
There's no need to do all that, simply parse the file's contents out, byte for byte, and generate a hash, then compare hashes. Of course merely changing a pixel or adding some header information would **** you over, but whatever.

Alternatively, you could sample a certain coordinates for the head, like where it faces down, and store the RGBA values with a threshold to permit. Then compare a few pixels aganist each other, only 32x32x3 bytes to parse if you do them all anyway, wouldn't take that long.

How about english? Not all of us are brainiacs.

01-18-2010, 08:29 PM
How about english? Not all of us are brainiacs.

Well I typed it for the sake of people who do understand, so maybe they can implement it :p

CharlieM
01-18-2010, 11:02 PM
problem with auto checking is there could be something that someone took from there head and put on a friends head that took up maybe 50% of the head, so if it checked by pixel it would come up as stolen wouldnt it?

01-18-2010, 11:35 PM
problem with auto checking is there could be something that someone took from there head and put on a friends head that took up maybe 50% of the head, so if it checked by pixel it would come up as stolen wouldnt it?

Hmm.. If I'm not mistaken, that's called stealing.

What you could do, though, is if you want somebody to make a remake of your head or whatever, you can password your head and give them the password, perhaps, or something along the lines of that.

cbk1994
01-19-2010, 12:09 AM

Not worth it for our cause :p. The head checker was just added as a precaution because with the new uploader it's a hell of a lot easier to re-upload heads (click "Upload", click "heads" folder, then double click one).

see below

It's not quite that simple. The way it works is that it looks for heads with the exact same file size (down to the byte) from a list of corresponding head paths and file sizes. If it matches, it's most likely a duplicate. However, there are rare cases where there are two heads with the same file size, so it also compares the contents with a string check.

Changing this to actually load every file, parse it as a PNG/GIF/MNG, then compare each pixel would be nearly impossible and definitely not worth the effort (except maybe for experience in programming, I guess).

fowlplay4
01-19-2010, 06:30 AM
All scripted anti-theft purposes against images made on Graal are pointless due to the fact that the images are stored as is in the folders itself, and anyone can go in there and mess around, easily avoiding any sort of detection scheme involving RGB by changing a shade of color on the head by 2 or so points.

Also, due to the vast amount of heads and the relatively small workspace for each head it's safe to assume that many of them will share similar qualities with each other, shape, color. To maintain a cache or whatever complex system you require to make this work efficiently is far too much work for the low volume of complaints there actually are against graphic theft.

So if an image (at least Heads, Bodies, Hats, Shields) is uploaded on Graal you should be expecting it to be remade, and edited by other players who may or not may be as graphically inclined as yourself.

But this is about what Era wants, not building graphic detection schemes :P

CharlieM
01-19-2010, 02:46 PM
Checking pixels is what I was talking about; building a PNG/GIF/MNG parser and checking the pixels against every other head would be nigh impossible.

you said filesize...I thought

I'm just saying pixel checking would never work

Nonepwnz
01-21-2010, 08:52 PM
I want to see more advanced systems for the gang's and businesses. With ranks, achievements and much more. I want to see new leaders for the gangs, more active people! :D

GarethOmni
01-22-2010, 02:00 AM
I want to see more advanced systems for the gang's and businesses. With ranks, achievements and much more. I want to see new leaders for the gangs, more active people! :D

Era needs to give everyone that "new feeling" before it has more active people.
Once it resets yet again we will see if you get just that.

I personally would love to see that territories idea I mentioned a long time ago but am too lazy to hunt down.

Vman13x
01-22-2010, 02:04 AM
I like the new feeling but the bad part is getting your items back

GarethOmni
01-22-2010, 02:05 AM
I like the new feeling but the bad part is getting your items back
What's even worse is knowing you will (probably) have to do it again.

spikekid
03-22-2010, 12:55 AM
All guns should be available to everyone somehow.

Kamaeru
04-06-2010, 08:37 PM
I want to see more inspiration from the Earthbound series. Believe it or not, the design of your server has choice parallels to the design aspects of that game--in much the same way that the design choices of Graal parallel Zelda. The whole concept of that game was to design cities in much the same way (in a slightly different/better perspective).

I know gameplay will never even be remotely similar. That's possibly part of the problem, but **** leveling up and turn-based crap anyway.

Arakonda
04-07-2010, 12:28 AM
Could you guys like have it done before next April, thanks.:noob:

Trak
04-15-2010, 03:20 AM
Bring back outbreak <333

Unkownsoldier
04-17-2010, 04:07 PM
No Gangs, No events, No "non-pk zones", give everyone the same gun, unlimited ammo, and auto re-spawn where you died. And that is what makes a fun server. 1000 kills, gets u an upgrade for your gun, 5000, another upgrade, 10000, another upgrade, 25000 another upgrade, so on and so on. Thanks.

iRedemption
05-19-2010, 02:41 AM
Gun racks gun racks plz make gun racks gun racks

cbk1994
05-19-2010, 11:47 PM
In regards to the gun rack, how many guns should each gang be allowed? 5?

Supaman771
05-19-2010, 11:59 PM
how many guns should each gang be allowed? 5?

Yes:D:D

salesman
05-20-2010, 12:47 AM
In regards to the gun rack, how many guns should each gang be allowed? 5?

Would be cool if you could upgrade your gun rack with points (allow 5 to start, but then maybe add 1 all the way up to 10).

Cubical
05-20-2010, 01:17 AM
Amount of guns on the rack should be based on how many points your gang has. It would put them to use. Like you need 500 for all 5 slots or something but if you lose 100 then you can only have 4.

iRedemption
05-20-2010, 02:54 AM
Amount of guns on the rack should be based on how many points your gang has. It would put them to use. Like you need 500 for all 5 slots or something but if you lose 100 then you can only have 4.

they will still have a "use" even if they're not based on points...if you spent less of your time idling on PR tag you would know that. if they're based off points gangs will basiclly just have them for 1/2 the week rofl, how dumb is that?

i think that limiting the gun rack to 5 guns is perfect, all of the players will like this update.

BigBear3
05-20-2010, 04:15 AM
What is the point of these gun racks? I CAN PUT MY GUN ON THE RACK INSTEAD OF USING IT. I don't understand.

salesman
05-20-2010, 04:23 AM
What is the point of these gun racks? I CAN PUT MY GUN ON THE RACK INSTEAD OF USING IT. I don't understand.

It is for gangs...if you are in the gang, you can use the weapon via the gun rack.

BigBear3
05-20-2010, 02:55 PM
It is for gangs...if you are in the gang, you can use the weapon via the gun rack.

Oh, I see. So let's say I'm on Zorbi Krew, I walk into our base, grab a Ak47 off the rack...and it's mine until I put it back?

salesman
05-20-2010, 07:23 PM
Oh, I see. So let's say I'm on Zorbi Krew, I walk into our base, grab a Ak47 off the rack...and it's mine until I put it back?

Yeah, or log off, get removed, etc.

BigBear3
05-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Yeah, or log off, get removed, etc.

Oh dat's kinda cool. I don't have to buy guns anymore!

Every gang can have it's own set of guns.

Frankie
05-20-2010, 08:25 PM
there's so much drama with gang guns because the whole concept is retarded. it's just an excuse to give a select few players an overpowered weapon. then there are issues with balancing these weapons and one gang might be at a disadvantage because their gang gun isn't as good as the others.

gang guns should be removed. in my opinion, they cause more problems than good.

salesman
05-20-2010, 10:38 PM
gang guns should be removed. in my opinion, they cause more problems than good.

They were removed...now people are crying to get them back.

Frankie
05-21-2010, 04:33 AM
They were removed...now people are crying to get them back.
of course they are, lol. they are all (usually) overpowered, and now with this gun rack idea, they'd be free. who wouldn't want free overpowered weapons? I didn't know they were removed, but still my point stands. definitely do not bring them back.

kia345
05-21-2010, 06:00 AM
What's stopping you guys from being logical and giving each gang's guns identical stats?

BigBear3
05-21-2010, 10:44 AM
What's stopping you guys from being logical and giving each gang's guns identical stats?

Maybe not identical but equal.

cbk1994
05-21-2010, 02:05 PM
Maybe not identical but equal.

There is not an easy way to determine if two guns are equal or not.

Crono
05-21-2010, 07:05 PM
noob protection or no PK mode

BigBear3
05-21-2010, 07:32 PM

Well then, make them identical with different skins, the kids won't even notice!

hunterhunk
05-21-2010, 11:08 PM

You are right, because if Black Holst has a 25 damage gun, Blazian Bandits either want a 25 damage gun or a rigged 20 damage gun.

Here is what I was thinking for gang guns:

Say Black Holst has the Adv. Black Holster

Damage: 25
Fire Rate: .20 (Semi-Auto)
Freeze: .14
Spread: 0
Clip: 8 or 12.

Say Blazian Bandits has a 20 damage rifle

Damage: 20
Fire Rate: .25 (Auto)
Freeze: .08-.10
Spread: .08
Clip: 32

These seem fairly close to even, it really just depends upon player preference. If you change 1 gun (buff or nerf) you should do the same to the other gang weapons.

A lot of times people *****ed about how the BHer or the Colt6 were rigged, but that's because players learned how to use the weapon. Players actually learned the strengths and weaknesses of the weapon.

Another thing, you can't bring back gang guns and give them the same stats. If you're going to bring them back, they need to be different from each other. There would be no point to give a gang the same exact gun as another gang with the only difference being in the image and name.

salesman
05-21-2010, 11:21 PM
leave the stats to someone who actually knows how the numbers work

also,
There would be no point to give a gang the same exact gun as another gang with the only difference being in the image and name.

why not? I don't see how sharing the same stats would effect the "point" of gang guns at all. It would definitely solve the balancing issues, and it would also cut back on people joining gangs only for the gang gun. Even if the stats are the same, they're still fulfilling their purpose.

Gun stats should not be what makes a gang unique...

Edit: and I'm not saying that they should be the same because I believe that they can be balanced effectively without being identical. I'm just saying that if they were, it wouldn't really be a bad thing (it certainly wouldn't make them "pointless")

hunterhunk
05-22-2010, 01:15 AM
Gun stats should not be what makes a gang unique...

Edit: and I'm not saying that they should be the same because I believe that they can be balanced effectively without being identical. I'm just saying that if they were, it wouldn't really be a bad thing (it certainly wouldn't make them "pointless")

I can see what you're saying. I think that's partially why the gave the Morano Thompson its violin case, or the Adv. Black Holster its flip gani. Those things did make the guns unique, but even then the gang guns were different.

iRedemption
05-22-2010, 01:37 AM
Add the gun racks...they'll be fun as hell to use and it's something new. Alot of you guys always worry about what could go wrong, and how unfair/rigged things might be...and maybe you're right but when you think like that NOTHING ever gets done and Era loses it's players.

p.s chris could just trade the gun racks between the two gangs every few weeks nubs.

Frankie
05-22-2010, 03:43 AM
that's a pretty lame way to solve balancing issues. might as well make every gun on the server the same since staff can never find a perfect balance for them, right?

BigBear3
05-22-2010, 06:43 AM
that's a pretty lame way to solve balancing issues. might as well make every gun on the server the same since staff can never find a perfect balance for them, right?

No, people work for their overpowered guns. If the gang guns are free, they should be just as good as the other gang's.

Frankie
05-22-2010, 06:28 PM
No, people work for their overpowered guns.
just another reason to not give gangs gang guns. it wouldn't be fair for the people that have to work their ass off to buy good weapons. we shouldn't be giving a select few people on the server an advantage simply for being in a gang.

Cubical
05-22-2010, 09:33 PM
One of the biggest problems in my opinion is that a majority of the guns cannot be bought in the stores which is daunting to new players who realize how much it cost to buy them from other players. I'm constantly getting PM asking where to buy guns that are currently unobtainable through shops. I'm not saying all guns should be in shops but a majority of them should be available to the players.

Dnegel
05-22-2010, 09:39 PM
One of the biggest problems in my opinion is that a majority of the guns cannot be bought in the stores which is daunting to new players who realize how much it cost to buy them from other players. I'm constantly getting PM asking where to buy guns that are currently unobtainable through shops. I'm not saying all guns should be in shops but a majority of them should be available to the players.

And they shouldn't cost over $100.000.

Cubical
05-22-2010, 09:43 PM
And they shouldn't cost over $100.000. Yeah, that's why cross server trading and USDing is so prominate. I don't know many people who have the motivation or will power to work for that much money. It's the same way with Kingdoms, many people just do not want to spend hundreds or even thousands of hours to get a decent weapon/gear set.

BigBear3
05-22-2010, 10:15 PM
Yeah, that's why cross server trading and USDing is so prominate. I don't know many people who have the motivation or will power to work for that much money. It's the same way with Kingdoms, many people just do not want to spend hundreds or even thousands of hours to get a decent weapon/gear set.

Which brings me to another problem Era shares with GK.. Newbie ignorance. They think, just because it's common, that a flaming sword is not an acceptable sword for use. I PK with one.

On Era, using an uzi is a more than acceptable way to PK as well.

Cubical
05-22-2010, 10:46 PM
Which brings me to another problem Era shares with GK.. Newbie ignorance. They think, just because it's common, that a flaming sword is not an acceptable sword for use. I PK with one.

On Era, using an uzi is a more than acceptable way to PK as well.
I never said it wasn't an acceptable way to PK. Just because something is acceptable doesn't mean it should be one of the few options you have. People like having cool looking guns. GK is one of the worst examples of good gameplay if not the worst example I have ever seen. I think everything should be able to be realistically obtainable with the exception of just a few choice items. Look at zodiac for instance and their player count in comparison to the rest of the servers. You can obtain almost anything in a reasonable amount of time except for just a few items and players like that. If zodiac were to make drop rates insanely low it probably wouldn't draw as many players in because they feel like they would have to just work way to hard to obtain something they want.

You also have to think that Kingdoms entire allure is trading rare items which are obtained from either thousands of hours of strenuous grinding, USD, scamming or cross server trading. The rich stay rich and the poor stay poor which is partially how era currently is. With more items available it would even out the gap between the poor and the rich players as the items would not be worth as much while also keeping players around. Pat, I know you know how much time I have put into GK so I hope you know that this is just not an observation but more of something I have experienced first hand.

iRedemption
05-23-2010, 12:44 AM
what's your point? in the end, one person had to work for their weapon, and the other got it for free. regardless if they're both in the same gang, it's still unfair.

my point is that you're defending a certain group of players, the rich players who had to work for a good gun. These are the same players who will be using the gun racks anyway because they are in gangs!!!!

you're being a negative nauncccy frankie-crankie-spanky, when has Era ever been 100% fair? This update will make Era a little bit better but here you are on the forums saying NOOOOOO NOOOOOO NOOOOOO!!

salesman
05-23-2010, 01:18 AM
I want to see more nooby support. If a new player logs on, they should be able to choose one of the basic weapons for free (with ammo).

BigBear3
05-23-2010, 01:44 AM
I want to see more nooby support. If a new player logs on, they should be able to choose one of the basic weapons for free (with ammo).

You log on, run around and get shot in the head. You just want a way to defend yourself.

First impressions are huge.

kia345
05-23-2010, 06:27 PM
just another reason to not give gangs gang guns. it wouldn't be fair for the people that have to work their ass off to buy good weapons. we shouldn't be giving a select few people on the server an advantage simply for being in a gang.

You have to work your way into a game, no?

Gang guns, give them average stats, make their stats identical. Don't make them the best guns on the server. You guys, including you, are just trying to cater to everybody. Stop it. You're never going to succeed in making a competitive game fair.

Eclipse
05-23-2010, 07:51 PM

that should be put back

iRedemption
05-25-2010, 01:56 AM
it was so fun to PK on trials to the point where that's all everybody did for awhile...you got free ammo, cash, and uzi/ak

Frankie
05-25-2010, 09:29 PM
You have to work your way into a game, no?

Gang guns, give them average stats, make their stats identical. Don't make them the best guns on the server. You guys, including you, are just trying to cater to everybody. Stop it. You're never going to succeed in making a competitive game fair.
just because it's competitive doesn't mean it can't be fair.

KrimsonSky
06-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Has anything changed [for the good] since 10-17-2009 when this was brought up?

O.o.. seriously, I have no clue what goes on anymore =|

cbk1994
06-16-2010, 06:48 PM
Has anything changed [for the good] since 10-17-2009 when this was brought up?

O.o.. seriously, I have no clue what goes on anymore =|

There are many. Gang points have been fixed, gun racks implemented, a secondary/primary system is working on debug, PK timers, ...

KrimsonSky
06-16-2010, 07:13 PM
There are many. Gang points have been fixed, gun racks implemented, a secondary/primary system is working on debug, PK timers, ...

Damn, sounds like its going along great :|

Well gratz on the improvement, wish I still played =(

Keep up the good work.

Spikedude
06-21-2010, 12:53 AM
Era needs quests that are more intense and costly. You should make some quests that require you to buy thousands of dollars worth of cloaking potions, many healing items, robotic cars, bomb snipping kits, lock picking guns, etc. Then the prizes can be some of the new things people have suggested that wouldn't become huge monetary assets (IE the ability to shoot out the side of a car, something that reduces both damage taken and speed, etc).

I also think Era should consider a much larger playerworld with more internal politics. I think if the playerworld gets to the size where it can support more players and have more things to do, then more people will be apt to play. You should try to things ready for a player count never seen on graal, and then aim for it through advertisement to other games. I think its possible. It would be cool to take the idea that was floating around about a different theme in each corner of a playerworld. Each could have a little 'government' of sorts, some of which would be more mob run and others of which would be more democratic. You can earn "trust" in each of the sectors by killing people from other sectors and completing quests. You can work your way up and gang access to better guns, restricted areas, faster healing, recruiting power, etc.

I think we should see some boats in Era. I haven't been on in a while, but last I heard, the idea was pretty abandoned. Imagine the potential of fishing, plus maybe even piracy, and if gangs are expanded, they could have outposts in the water that would have to be defended.

I believe Sales' gang system incorporates pretty much everything I'd have to say about that. I used to want a system where each gang would have many buildings, each with a different vantage point, that can be over-run and taken over like a party base. One might have an underground tunnel into the main base, another might have access to all the doors, another might have security monitors. By taking over these areas, raiding gangs will get advantages.

For businesses, I think there needs to be a function for a player to sell their business. People will often go extremely inactive trying to reap the last profits they can before being kicked out of a business, whereas it'd be better for the whole server if they just sold it and took that money instead. Also, stocking should be more than just grabbing boxes. The ammo businesses should be at least converted to something more like dairy hut, speedy pizza, and dippin donuts. Maybe you grab a piece of lead, take it to a forge, smash it into pieces with a hammer, then pull out a tray to stick it in a fire for however many seconds, and that magically makes handgun ammo. Idk, it'd be an idea.

I think that if Era could pull off a larger player count, the potential for PKing would be amazing. You could set up larger arenas for people to fight in, both inside and outside, and accommodate for more action. If the iPod version of graal can have thousands of people on at any given moment, so can Era.

Logababy
06-21-2010, 09:54 AM
Yeah, quests that are more rewarding.

Supaman771
06-21-2010, 01:20 PM
Amsel: We all want that, the increase in gameplay, and all that jazz. But right now they're concentrating on fixing what we have in order to reset without further bugs/duping so we don't end up in the same position like previous resets. After which I highly doubt they could produce such things in any given period of time. (How long since they said were going to reset and how long until we will actually do it..?)

But yeah, everything you said sounds awesome.

Donark
06-22-2010, 02:47 PM
I support all of your ideas, just one problem.
If the iPod version of graal can have thousands of people on at any given moment, so can Era.

It isn't going to work like that. People play the iPod version rather than playing the computer Graal for many different reasons.

1) It costs almost nothing, 2 bucks for membership (I think, I never bought it)

2) It's for the iPod. I'm pretty sure there isn't too much competition with online mmorpgs for the iPod, I'm sure theres a couple big ones but there isn't near as many as there are for the computer. I have a feeling it's going to be the same cycle they had for the early PC graal.

3) The computer has sooo much more to offer than a crappy 2d game that costs 30 bucks to play for 8 months. People figure, why pay 30 dollars to play Graal when I can go play <Insert Amazing-Graphic/Gameplay mmorpg here>. Graal is out-to date and even the player count now isn't stable and many of the players are on the verge to quitting.

TSAdmin
06-22-2010, 03:43 PM
I support all of your ideas, just one problem.

It isn't going to work like that. People play the iPod version rather than playing the computer Graal for many different reasons.

1) It costs almost nothing, 2 bucks for membership (I think, I never bought it)

2) It's for the iPod. I'm pretty sure there isn't too much competition with online mmorpgs for the iPod, I'm sure theres a couple big ones but there isn't near as many as there are for the computer. I have a feeling it's going to be the same cycle they had for the early PC graal.

3) The computer has sooo much more to offer than a crappy 2d game that costs 30 bucks to play for 8 months. People figure, why pay 30 dollars to play Graal when I can go play <Insert Amazing-Graphic/Gameplay mmorpg here>. Graal is out-to date and even the player count now isn't stable and many of the players are on the verge to quitting.

Not to mention the fact that the iPod/iPad/iPhone/iTouch version only has one server, so it's not like the 1500+ on it have much choice about where they concentrate their population spread.

cbk1994
06-28-2010, 04:15 PM
Small update,

I'm speaking with Stefan now and will have the gelat shop up soon with observer mode taken down. The gelat shop will sell:

Vitality Potion - Extra 10 HP for a week
Worker's Potion - Increased speed of mining, flower picking, and shell digging (more shells and less crabs) for 24 hours
Lightweight Potion - No weight reduce and move at the speed of a cap for a week.

Purchasing any of these will give you the item in-game. The items cannot be traded/dropped. You can purchase 10 vitality potions at once, for example, but you will only be able to use one at once. Similarly, you could purchase a "worker's potion" today and wait until tomorrow to use it.

I don't think any of these are going to provide major advantages against players who do not wish to pay for them, but if anyone has any objections now is the best time to give me them, as well as any other ideas.

As much as I don't want how much a person is willing to spend to determine their success on Era, a gelat shop is necessary to get rid of observer mode. The items I've laid out shouldn't make a huge difference in the way Era works.

Also, frag grenades have been released. You can purchase them from Fort Knox.

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/5606/fragout.png

The shrapnel both causes damage and can wound players.

Donark
06-28-2010, 04:24 PM
Vitality Potion - Extra 10 HP for a week

So will it be possible to have 160 hp for those who have the bounty hunter bonus?

FantasyX
06-28-2010, 10:43 PM
I have a couple suggestions on what to do about cookies;

They've become a pretty big problem for both gangs exploiting how quickly you can heal and how you can eat one right before death and come back to life when someone kills you.

Suggestions;
-Put a timer on when you can use them (similar to the timer of being revived after you've already been revived recently). Maybe make it so you can only consume 1 cookie every 5 minutes?
-Disable them in gang bases. Although this isn't very favorable, it at least makes the player leave their base in order to consume the cookie.
-Disable them on gang-tag. This, of course, would be the worst option, but it also requires the person to go off gang-tag in order to use them.

I prefer the first option, honestly.

cbk1994
06-29-2010, 12:13 AM
So will it be possible to have 160 hp for those who have the bounty hunter bonus?

Yes.

salesman
06-29-2010, 01:31 AM
tl;dr: If not cookies, it will be something else...all you will accomplish in the end is to remove something that creates a great deal of entertainment for a lot of players.
-------------

Something to consider before you make everything fun in the game useless...

I owned a food business back when food was changed from working like cookies (instant health) to heal-over-time, so I personally saw how much of a difference that change made, and it wasn't all good.

Instant heal:

Pro: Food businesses were poppin' off, and everyone wanted to work there.
Pro: I made a ****-load of money
Pro: Huge money sink (50% tax usually)
Pro: Pking was more exciting (in my opinion)
Pro: Reason to make money, and spread out/pk on the gmap
Everyone used to carry A LOT of food on them at all times in order to keep up with everyone else. Because of this, players were always spending money. To spend money, you need to go out and make it first. Boring, yeah, but from making money came competition and pking. Parties were formed to control certain areas on the beach or areas with the best flowers, and people pked.
Con: Pking could be very, very lame when food was abused

Heal-over-time:

Pro: Pking is more fair
Con: Food businesses are pretty much useless, and believe it or not, food businesses were fun for a lot of people
Con: Removed one of the server's biggest money sinks
Con: Raiding and pking are less exciting (in my opinion)
Con: People still find ways to have an unfair advantage, so what did it solve?

To be more specific, messing with cookies is going to do more than just make raiding "fair", and the consequences are something that need to be considered. For example, I'm sure a lot of people join every event they can just to get two more cookies. With cookies useless, they might not even bother joining events anymore.

Cookies probably do a need to be balanced a little bit, but don't go overboard to the point where they become useless.

cbk1994
06-29-2010, 02:59 AM
I've added a 60 second timer between cookie uses. I don't think this will cripple them too much.

emoman
06-29-2010, 08:39 PM
I liked the other unstick me, I forget who was manager at the time but it was just a square green little park in the center.

Logababy
06-30-2010, 01:38 AM
I liked the other unstick me, I forget who was manager at the time but it was just a square green little park in the center.

How long ago was that? :O

emoman
06-30-2010, 08:54 AM
How long ago was that? :O

I think it was maybe during Smu era ? I'm most likely wrong but it didnt last for a long time. It was pretty small and was always populated

Graal Ghetto (lol) had it for it's duration too.

cbk1994
06-30-2010, 02:02 PM
I didn't mind the smaller bushed-in unstick me but I don't see any reason the go back to it. The current one is nicer.

emoman
07-01-2010, 10:59 AM
I agree, and when the playercount goes up due to summer, re-add a third gang too.

Terisu

Demisis_P2P
07-01-2010, 01:34 PM
Terisu

hey good idea, or you could try reviving morano for the 19th time.
or try something original, maybe? nah.

Donark
07-01-2010, 06:05 PM
too bad it's summer and the player count didn't rise -_-, or not enough for a third gang in my opionion