PDA

View Full Version : Knife suggestion

darksage15
09-24-2009, 01:56 AM
Of all the weapons of Zone, which one is the worst? The first that comes to mind is the Combatknife. Don't really get why. The knife is supposed to be like, the "soldier's best friend" or something like that (obviously other than his gun).

In most first person shooters, knives are hard to use, but when mastered, they are pretty good weapons when in cqc. I think it'd be cool if Zone did something like that, have a knife that has (VERY) little or no freezetime and makes you run a bit faster (so you're not just chasing some guy who's same speed as you and strafes backwards, you'd get nowhere doing that). You should be able to switch directions after stab, which would add variety. It should require skill, for instance know when to stab and which direction to turn.

Does it sound okay, or just plain retarded? z.z

MagikMasterMind
09-24-2009, 02:35 AM
Every melee weapon should have a walking speed boost and less freezetime in my opinion but up to a certain point where the gun user could evade without getting owned. I can just imagine less freeze and speed boost on chainsaw....

jkool666
09-24-2009, 02:49 AM
Of all the weapons of Zone, which one is the worst? The first that comes to mind is the Combatknife. z.z
The first weapon that comes to my mind is Electron. I guess you're just nub xD.

I think its fine when used at the right times. On wide open maps it doesn't make sense that a combatknife should beat a rifle or pistol.

darksage15
09-24-2009, 02:58 AM
The first weapon that comes to my mind is Electron. I guess you're just nub xD.

I think its fine when used at the right times. On wide open maps it doesn't make sense that a combatknife should beat a rifle or pistol.

I meant the first that comes to my mind. And at least electron deals good damage when it hits, combat knife you have to have GOLD for it to be effective since you get like 10 or something when you're not.

And it doesn't have to be so lame as it beats all other weapons on all maps, just enhance its... qualities xD

seanthien
09-24-2009, 03:44 AM
Of all the weapons of Zone, which one is the worst? The first that comes to mind is the Combatknife. Don't really get why. I personally suck at close range, so melee weapons that aren't thrown I suck with so I myself would say..Muramasa or syringe. I just fail with those.

As for the "worst" weapon. There shouldn't be a dominate one, that's stupid. All weapons should be useful according to the situation. Though this may be something that totally killed the playercount.
For example @ Jesse, electron sucks? Try electron + door laming when you must, it's pretty lame then.

In most first person shooters, knives are hard to use, but when mastered, they are pretty good weapons when in cqc. CQC = ..?
Not sure what kinda FPS you're playing, but most I've played, when I use a knife, vs a gun, yeah, I lose without a chance to win unless the person doesn't know how to use a gun.

I think it'd be cool if Zone did something like that, have a knife that has (VERY) little or no freezetime and makes you run a bit faster (so you're not just chasing some guy who's same speed as you and strafes backwards, you'd get nowhere doing that). You should be able to switch directions after stab, which would add variety. It should require skill, for instance know when to stab and which direction to turn. You must seriously suck with a knife to say this. Knife is clearly a pretty awesome melee weapon. If you know how to dodge right and stuff, it can be a fun weapon to use. No way knife sucks, and adding in no freeze-time is pretty dumb to me. A slight speed boost, that you can't really notice would be appropriate.

Does it sound okay, or just plain retarded? z.z
I'm sure you've got my views on this idea. ^^ CHOICE NUMBER 2!

I think its fine when used at the right times. On wide open maps it doesn't make sense that a combatknife should beat a rifle or pistol. Yeah. All weapons should be chosen by the situation you're in.

darksage15
09-24-2009, 06:52 AM
Why is it every time someone suggests something, Sean, you try and find something bad about it then that's all you mention? I don't see you running around in Iricia with a combat knife if you think it's so good?

Liberated
09-24-2009, 07:27 AM
Why is it every time someone suggests something, Sean, you try and find something bad about it then that's all you mention? I don't see you running around in Iricia with a combat knife if you think it's so good?
He said it needs to be appropriate to the situation, and if you think it's such a good idea, you give the good reasons for it, it's your idea.

RebelArbiter
09-24-2009, 09:17 AM
The knife is fine. As others have said all the melee weapons could use a slight speed boost when you have them equiped, however all you're suggesting is making the knife god like in close range.

DuBsTeRmAn
09-24-2009, 05:02 PM
True, Electron really sucks..

I have to say tough that i don't have any problems with using the knife, It is okay..

pico57
09-24-2009, 09:08 PM
Of all the weapons of Zone, which one is the worst? The first that comes to mind is the Combatknife. Don't really get why. The knife is supposed to be like, the "soldier's best friend" or something like that (obviously other than his gun).

it is the best wep x)

A Friend of a soldier... probably yes, if the soldier is lonly on a lost island ...
:p

seanthien
09-24-2009, 10:26 PM
He said it needs to be appropriate to the situation, and if you think it's such a good idea, you give the good reasons for it, it's your idea. Totally wrapped up what I wanted to say, oh well, I'll say it again.

Why is it every time someone suggests something, Sean, you try and find something bad about it then that's all you mention?
Maybe because your post are bias and you don't put any thought forth into it at all. Did you ever mention the cons and pros? No not really, all you did was this.man, knife is so hard to use, i think it should be stronger or give some kind of boost so i can beat players with it!
I don't see you running around in Iricia with a combat knife if you think it's so good?
Around the last time I actually tried on zone, which might of been around the time I brought back Fairy Warriors for a few days, I ran around on iricia with combatknife. It's fairly easier to use than most melee weapons since D is a ranged attack.

True, Electron really sucks..
Electron is super lame when you door lame right. Tabby got #1 on electron way back around Grim Angels time.

RebelArbiter
09-25-2009, 02:05 AM
The knife is already one of the most useful melee weapons, it doesn't need a buff.

hilary1612
09-25-2009, 05:39 AM
It'd make sense to gain some speed when using a combat knife since it's lightweight

darksage15
09-26-2009, 01:13 AM
It'd make sense to gain some speed when using a combat knife since it's lightweight

Well, according to everyone else, Combatknife is the lamest weapon since sliced bread, so if it was better in any way I would use it to lame! z.z

But to me, and now a couple of other people, at least a small speed boost would be pretty helpful.

seanthien
09-26-2009, 05:41 AM
Well, according to everyone else, Combatknife is the lamest weapon since sliced bread, so if it was better in any way I would use it to lame! z.z Wow..are you serious..Just..Wow.

No idea who you're talking to that's "everyone else" but feel free to name them and I'll mock them for being such a sore loser about not getting kills with a knife.

But to me, and now a couple of other people, at least a small speed boost would be pretty helpful.

Small enough that you wouldn't actual notice to help much. You should quit trying to make a weapon overpowered, Zone already obviously has a problem with that.

ff7chocoboknight
09-26-2009, 05:55 AM
I can think of a weapon worse than combat knife. Gravitron.

MagikMasterMind
09-26-2009, 06:36 AM
Gravitron is kickass... It all depends on how you're using it. Same damn thing with any other weapon, including the combat knife.

seanthien
09-26-2009, 07:14 AM
Blaster is the most useless, unless you want to abuse it with tents. Although it still does depend on the situation with blaster, they can be nice sometimes. Not often though.

MagikMasterMind
09-26-2009, 03:37 PM
I want blasters on Iricia =P, medic class.

bahamutstevetff
09-26-2009, 07:18 PM
u kidding dude, knife chuck is heavy damage.

Lord_Conorr
09-27-2009, 05:21 PM
The only thing I see 'wrong' with the knife is the way your character holds it. With two hands. What the hell.. is it a knife or a sword? Who holds a knife with two hands...

Maybe it should be changed to look more like the gani for the carrot, but keep the same freeze time, damage and so forth. I don't know, I guess I'm being picky... lol.

Deas_Voice
09-27-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm being picky... lol.

yes you are :D

no, i'm joking.

keep in mind that it's almost as big as your body!
how are you going to wear it?

darksage15
09-30-2009, 12:56 AM
Small enough that you wouldn't actual notice to help much. You should quit trying to make a weapon overpowered, Zone already obviously has a problem with that.

WHO SAID I WANTED IT TO BE OVERPOWERED? caps

seanthien
10-01-2009, 03:46 AM
WHO SAID I WANTED IT TO BE OVERPOWERED? caps

I'm sure a few others think so too, it's implied by the way you're keeping up with your lack of common sense to figure that knife is totally not weak.

darksage15
10-01-2009, 04:54 AM
I'm sure a few others think so too, it's implied by the way you're keeping up with your lack of common sense to figure that knife is totally not weak.

It's not totally bad for gold, but what about for trials? They get what, 10 knives? You're bound to miss a lot, and when you try to recollect your knives, it makes you an easy target.

A small speed boost or a small freezetime removal would make it more useful is all I'm saying... It wouldn't be lame at all z.z

And since when does an opinion in weapon strength have to do with common sense?

seanthien
10-03-2009, 02:12 AM
It's not totally bad for gold, but what about for trials? They get what, 10 knives? You're bound to miss a lot, and when you try to recollect your knives, it makes you an easy target. Right, because with the class limitation trials are supposed to be evenly matched with gold players, I'm sorry for being dumb.

A small speed boost or a small freezetime removal would make it more useful is all I'm saying... It wouldn't be lame at all z.z Look at the big picture buddy. It's lame in the way you're making a perfectly fine weapon stronger while as you ignore the oped weapons or the even weaker ones.

And since when does an opinion in weapon strength have to do with common sense? Your opinions are so far off, you might as well lack common sense was what I was implying. Sorry for not directly stating so, I overestimated your literacy abilities.

ff7chocoboknight
10-04-2009, 08:27 AM
Blaster is the most useless, unless you want to abuse it with tents. Although it still does depend on the situation with blaster, they can be nice sometimes. Not often though.

You can't even use it to lame in tents anymore.

seanthien
10-04-2009, 07:33 PM
You can't even use it to lame in tents anymore.

Still, the knockback+freeze time can be deadly if used right.

darksage15
10-04-2009, 08:35 PM
Right, because with the class limitation trials are supposed to be evenly matched with gold players, I'm sorry for being dumb.

Look at the big picture buddy. It's lame in the way you're making a perfectly fine weapon stronger while as you ignore the oped weapons or the even weaker ones.
Your opinions are so far off, you might as well lack common sense was what I was implying. Sorry for not directly stating so, I overestimated your literacy abilities.

It's REALLY hard to argue with somebody who is not only arrogant, but thinks their opinions are facts.

bahamutstevetff
10-05-2009, 02:02 AM
maybe a new knife as like an offhand weapon for if you use 1h pistols, like your using one appriper and the guy comes in close just knife him quickly.

MagikMasterMind
10-05-2009, 04:46 AM
maybe a new knife as like an offhand weapon for if you use 1h pistols, like your using one appriper and the guy comes in close just knife him quickly.

Knife should be on a key, so whenever someone gets close you can knife him [thinking about nowadays' FPS']

bahamutstevetff
10-06-2009, 02:26 AM
bad idea to think of zone as an FPS.

seanthien
10-09-2009, 10:30 PM
It's REALLY hard to argue with somebody who is not only arrogant, but thinks their opinions are facts.

u should reread what i say and try to understand it. k. along with what other ppl say.

It's really hard to tell a casual zone player to shut his mouth and accept other peoples' thoughts.
bad idea to think of zone as an FPS.ya. ive said that a good ammount of times, ithink.