PDA

View Full Version : Classic Graal

abcd9876
09-28-2001, 03:36 AM
I think there should be an extra server on the server list, that will be classic graal with the levels of about version 1.27. Classic has totally changed, its not the same server at all, and its not fun as it used to be. If old graal will be up in the normal classic or as another server, I'm sure alot of old players that quit will come back.

freddyfox
09-28-2001, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by abcd9876
and its not fun as it used to be.

ARE YOU KIDDING?

The quests are great, the levels are now nice, the NPC's are great. The only real complaint I have is lag, and Stefan said he was working on it.

Rone
09-28-2001, 03:43 AM
Destiny is messed.. and its *** how you get hera's... Classic sux now

abcd9876
09-28-2001, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by freddyfox

ARE YOU KIDDING?

The quests are great, the levels are now nice, the NPC's are great. The only real complaint I have is lag, and Stefan said he was working on it.
Yeah, its so great that alot of old players quit Graal because of that.

Qwert616
09-28-2001, 03:48 AM
Okay, I'm not a big fan of Hera's but I like Classic. It would be cool to have a server with the older levels. The biggest complaint is of course lag, but it has good quests, a lot of NPCs, and a lot of people on so its easy to find new people to talk to.

Classic Rules...(just needs less lag)

Actually Stefan said that G2k1 was lagging Classic, I though that was pretty funny.

cds96
09-28-2001, 04:35 AM
I need someone to show me around classic, ive never really played there

Tyhm
09-28-2001, 11:33 AM
Ha, sure, just take the old levels set, remove all the copyrights and Pachuka's levels (which we're legally required never to use again), take out all the smuggled hacks, and you may have something that looks more or less like the LAT Administrator let all his friends upload whatever they want whereever they want with no regard for what a tile is or how an NPC works.

But you're welcome to it.

Tolerian28
09-28-2001, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Tyhm
Ha, sure, just take the old levels set, remove all the copyrights and Pachuka's levels (which we're legally required never to use again), take out all the smuggled hacks, and you may have something that looks more or less like the LAT Administrator let all his friends upload whatever they want whereever they want with no regard for what a tile is or how an NPC works.

But you're welcome to it.

Owned.

Darkman2001
09-28-2001, 07:18 PM
i've often thought it would be a good idea to have a server that was just the 1.27 level pack. by then all of pachukas levels were removed, and copyrighted graphics are gone from the server so any NPC that uses them just won't show.

NotoriousBLT
09-28-2001, 10:41 PM
Classic isn't very fun at all anymore :( I liked it back then, like wtf is a hera? I seriously think that's the most retarded thing that could ever happen to graal.

wetferret1
09-28-2001, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by NotoriousBLT
Classic isn't very fun at all anymore :( I liked it back then, like wtf is a hera? I seriously think that's the most retarded thing that could ever happen to graal.
owned

AlexH
09-29-2001, 12:02 AM
i never liked classic
the lvls seem unorganised to me
and yes the heras do sux so much

Tyhm
10-06-2001, 01:54 PM
It's not that complicated a theory.
Fullhearts: 17 max, therefore 17 quests. Cannot be moved without duplicating. Cannot be removed from players en masse, therefore the only way to take away an illegal/smuggled fullheart from everyone who had one is with an account reset.
I'm told people hate those. Do you hate resets? Or do you hate heras more?
Tears of Hera: A stupid name and a cheap graphic for a simple NPC. 17 fullheart max, (sum) 17 quests: 17+16+15+14+13+12+11+10+9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1 dungeons possible. (18*8)+9=153 quests, I think. Lasts much longer! Given that Graal Classic currently has no planned limit to the number of quests (people also seem to hate it when they've done all the quests), 153 sounds much better than 17. Also, since they're NPCs they CAN be moved without duplicating. So if the Resort gets removed, I can just move that Hera to a new quest, maybe the Pyramid, something like that, without screwing over the newbies who can't get both the old resort heart and the new pyramid heart.

Just be glad I ditched the original idea: 100 Heras per fullheart!

As for the levels being disorganized, read my earlier post: 2 years of people tacking levels on to wherever there's room will do that to a server. The mod town guy said hey I got a town, oh there's room here, *staple*. The Big City guy said hey I got a town, oh there's room here, hey I'll make it an island, *cut staple*, the Ninji Castle guy said hey I got a castle, hey there's room here *staple*, the snow town, *staple*, Sardon's, *staple*, there was no plan, there was no cohesive thought to the flow, it was just 2 years of LAT Admins putting whatever they want wherever they could.

spi
10-06-2001, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by cds96

ZanderX
10-06-2001, 01:57 PM
Same here, I've been on classic all of 20-30 minutes, tops...Someone show me and Spi around. :)

spi
10-06-2001, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by ZanderX
Same here, I've been on classic all of 20-30 minutes, tops...Someone show me and Spi around. :)

i have like an hour, and spekkio helped me get one heart

ZanderX
10-06-2001, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by spi

i have like an hour, and spekkio helped me get one heart

spekkio is nice.

he, vermain, myself, and like someone else played harass the loser with some guy on 2001. :)

ArchOwl
10-06-2001, 02:02 PM
how bout you call the old levels remade into a new server graal revised?

ZanderX
10-06-2001, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by ArchOwl
how bout you call the old levels remade into a new server graal revised?

That would sound like Magic : The Gathering.

ArchOwl
10-06-2001, 02:05 PM
your right,but it would be true to the name ;)

evilcow
10-06-2001, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by NotoriousBLT

The most retarded thing to ever happen to Graal? Ever hear about the G2K1 fiasco which caused a huge portion of the population to quit?

ZanderX
10-06-2001, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by ArchOwl
your right,but it would be true to the name ;)

True. But still..We can come up with something more creative, can we not?

ArchOwl
10-06-2001, 02:09 PM
OLDBIE LAND

FatherDante
10-06-2001, 02:55 PM
I don't think Pachuka had a legal precedent for saying he had a right to his levels. Unless he purchased the software he used to make it, which I doubt, he cannot copyright it, and if he submitted it to CyberJoeuer, it should have legally become their property instantly.

wetferret1
10-06-2001, 02:57 PM
Classic is only good because of the people on it!

JeffTL
10-06-2001, 11:09 PM
How correct, Tyhm. LAT admins have always just cut and stapled. That's why I like you so much..when you added Babord, you put it in a place that NEEDED something so there wouldn't be a big missing chunk of west coast. The undewater...a pretty good idea, will be better once it's fleshed out. Increases the total available space in Graal almost twofold, since nobody seems to want more islands, and hey, you can never have too many Zorbis! :) And some suggestions...MOD is no longer an active guild and their town has nothing of real interest. You have Old Graal, where you time travel back a bit. MOD is in the past already, so why not "Silmariate" MOD Town? Not like anyone ever goes there 'cept noobs who just got over the fear of having modpacks forced on them if they go there? My only problems with your way of going about things, Tyhm, just like every other LAT admin I've ever seen...are the lack of judicious museumpiecing of the unused, and the lack of a new map at least every other month. No offense meant to be taken, by the way...Nightlord did it too.

Sp1
10-07-2001, 12:40 AM
(Griffyn)
i have fun on classic....150 kills, 4 hearts, and 36 deaths

Tyhm
10-07-2001, 11:18 AM
I make the new map, Stefan just keeps losing it. Mine is superupdated, it's got everything, you guys just don't have it is the problem.

Valder
10-07-2001, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Tyhm
I make the new map, Stefan just keeps losing it. Mine is superupdated, it's got everything, you guys just don't have it is the problem.

Post it here then

Tyhm
10-08-2001, 08:58 AM
Graphics are too big/over the limit but here's the text (minimap is just the same thing renamed)

Dilrod
10-08-2001, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by cds96
same...i tried to,but i couldnt get through the training it was too hard

Xythar
10-08-2001, 09:06 AM
The only thing that pains me about Classic is the players. Witht he exception of a few map errors here and there, it's an incredible world. Honestly, can you imagine using that as a purely Roleplaying environment with some G2k1 features? Imagine sailing from Avalon to the mainland in a boat; questing through Sardon's Tower with a group of friends. It would be amazing.

Nai
10-08-2001, 09:34 AM
I think it is a good idea. I think you should do that so people can play on stuff that is well, whats the word, er... Legendary? Anyway, you could have the Queen Quest and stuff. That would be so cool.

Also, what did Pachuka's levels look like?

Qwert616
10-08-2001, 09:36 AM
Honestly, can you imagine using that as a purely Roleplaying environment with some G2k1 features? Imagine sailing from Avalon to the mainland in a boat; questing through Sardon's Tower with a group of friends. It would be amazing.

So true...

fugitive316
10-08-2001, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Darkman2001
i've often thought it would be a good idea to have a server that was just the 1.27 level pack. by then all of pachukas levels were removed, and copyrighted graphics are gone from the server so any NPC that uses them just won't show.

I would play on such a server if it came to reality.

I didn't keep playing graal for the flashy levels, or quests. I played graal all these years for the freinds, guilds, etc.

If a server came out that reminded me of the old days, I wouldn't hesitate on choosing that as my favorite server.

Domini
10-08-2001, 10:30 AM
Sorry, but Merlin already came up with that idea

fugitive316
10-08-2001, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Domini
Sorry, but Merlin already came up with that idea

I heard that idea before Graal2001 was on the serverlist.

so?

I don't see how an additional playerworld would hurt. And I know a 1.27 (or whatever version previously mentioned) would be a lot better than some existing playerworlds.

Qwert616
10-08-2001, 11:11 AM
That's the reason I play on Classic, because of the people. I do the quests and everything but everyone there is what keeps it from getting boring. I mean some P2P servers have good levels and are yet only have like only 20 or less people on it...