PDA

View Full Version : Newspaper Script

vergil
04-12-2001, 09:21 AM
Okay, I got bored and I was thinking of this idea, a newspaper. Can't you just see The Graalian Times being sold on every server with it's own local section?

- order/buy newspaper (weapon) at various locations
- Read the newspaper's current issue by using the weapon after buying it. Using say2 server.news or whatever this is very possible.. in fact, easy
- News paper staff (Graal News) or whatever to update the "news" via telling the Newspaper Chief the news (they dont get access to add news, you know how hectic that would become)
-(Graal News Chief) would get access to the admin newspaper to add news

I DID actually try a little to put my own script together. Okay, it didn't work but that was truthfully the first time i used Gscript (hah i copied doors). I dont want to whine but believe me i am WAY too busy to learn how to use some scripting language with school and my web design hobby keeping me busy

Is there anyway someone could do this for me (Yes I know I sound ignorant, selfish, and lazy)? I dont want to take credit i just want to contribute my idea to Stefan...

i attatched the levels (lol at least i did something, even if it takes 2 seconds )

Spearman
04-12-2001, 10:23 AM
That would take some time to script..

kyle0654
04-12-2001, 11:29 AM
Actually, it'd be quite simple...but with the MOTD (server message I believe, it pops up when you log on and there's a new one) it's kind of worthless.

Spearman
04-12-2001, 11:33 AM
Too bad graal can't read .txt that just contain messages and message code

vergil
04-12-2001, 12:12 PM
Kyle I don't thin kit would be worthless because it would allow for more updates, besides it would employ Graalians even if they made as much as a a Nike factory worker hey its still money for newbies right?

Besides it could contain advertisements. You know, you go up to the newspaper department and say "i want blah blah this bomy is for sale blah blah" and then they post it in the newspaper for 5 gralat or 10 or something. Probably higher because they'd get full pretty quick with ads.

anyway since you think it is simple, is there anyway you could do it..? I am sorry for being stupid and selfish but i just dont have the time to figure it out. I am more of a web programmer myself.

kyle0654
04-12-2001, 12:29 PM
uhm...I'm too busy too >.<

It'd depend on what kind of server you had too...if it has an NPC Server, you can sell ads dynamically...otherwise you kind of have to add them yourself...

(btw, you could sell ad space in the MOTD, and I don't think it's too hard to change)

Tyhm
04-12-2001, 12:40 PM
(Reads Kyle's signature)
Prince Ralse is...
Oops!

grim_squeaker_x
04-12-2001, 08:53 PM
I'm bored so blah:
//Newspaper code
if (playerchats&&strequals(#c,buy newspaper)&&!isweapon) {
if (playerrupees>=5) {
if (!hasweapon(Newspaper)) {
toweapons newspaper;
say2 Here you go.;
}
else say2 You've already got one.;
}
else say2 You need more Gralats!;
}
if (weaponfired) {
say2 #s(server.news);
destroy;
}
//News poster code
if (playerchats&&strequals(#g,editor)) {
if (strequals(#c,edit news)&&this.mode==0) this.mode=1;
else {
setstring server.news,#c;
this.mode=0;
}
}
This is a really primitive example of how you could make one of those things ;)