PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps a new way to get bomy pets

Spunky2000ca
09-25-2001, 10:57 AM
Well, we all know (except a few who inheirited loads of $$) the annoyance of trying to get a bomy pet for your self, right? Well hows this idea, say, once or twice a day, (graalian) a "random event" would occur and someone who doesnt already own a bomy, would have the CHANCE to get one. Perhaps like a trapping game, usign the net? Anyway, u could get the bomy pet, and whatnot, it could be a random skin (so we dont have 99999 shroomys walking around)

this idea can be changed around a little, but what do u think?

Ramirez_the_Silvite
09-25-2001, 06:39 PM
I like that, but what if they were in the middle of farming?
Whoever gets chosen should get a PM that says "You can accept this chance to get a Bomy Pet by responding to this PM saying "I accept" if you decline, say "I decline".
But it should be a PM so that it can wait until they finish farming or whatever they are doing.
If they log off for more than 5 minutes, then it goes to someone else.

Tyhm
09-26-2001, 10:45 AM
I like the idea of catching wild ones. Lure them with apples, then catch them with the net. And the tame ones that aren't fed regularly go wild, soo....

Fai
09-26-2001, 10:50 AM
What can pet bomies do now? Or are they still the ones that you can make swear at people and stuff.

Spunky2000ca
09-27-2001, 06:47 AM
wow, not one critisism heard! :D
mebbe we should get stefan to read this

WindStar
09-27-2001, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Fai
What can pet bomies do now? Or are they still the ones that you can make swear at people and stuff.
Right now you can Ride them and feed them but stefan says he will add support for more things soon

dragonvalor
09-28-2001, 03:46 AM
eh, i dont wanna catyhc bomies, that will make the pet bomy less valuable. maybe we can grow em? have you checked the bomy folder in ur graal folder and found the gfx bomy egg? i did, maybe we can excavate for one and grow one from there with random skins.

jonny12
09-28-2001, 04:13 AM
good idea-- but not 2 times a day

more like 2 times a mounth :p

Spunky2000ca
09-28-2001, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by dragonvalor
eh, i dont wanna catyhc bomies, that will make the pet bomy less valuable. maybe we can grow em? have you checked the bomy folder in ur graal folder and found the gfx bomy egg? i did, maybe we can excavate for one and grow one from there with random skins.

grow them? errrrrrrr

AlexH
09-28-2001, 05:27 AM
i still want bomy fighting
would more could you want
2 bomys goin head on head
and we should be able to bet on the fight

WindStar
09-28-2001, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by AlexH
i still want bomy fighting
would more could you want
2 bomys goin head on head
and we should be able to bet on the fight
yeah im waiting for that my self New event for the ETs
bomymon tourments.....*shivers* mabie a few more this there is plenty of room in the commands window

E_Shadow
09-28-2001, 06:03 AM
That's actually a good idea, or maybie a quest or something we could do because it takes WAAAAAY too much money to get one.

AlexH
09-28-2001, 06:12 AM
NO
bomys are rare
thats what makes them so wanted

SagaTCN
09-28-2001, 11:08 AM
bomy breeder =)

bomy trainer.

lol

sound familier

Tyhm
09-29-2001, 05:19 AM
Bomy Catching:
If a wild Bomy sees an apple within 10 paces, it goes towards it. If it sees a net or a person, it goes away at 1/(apples eaten+1) speed. Apples eaten slowly goes down over time.
So to catch a Bomy, you have to lay some apples leading up to it, hide behind a tree, and be very quiet. The Bomy will wander until it sees the first apple, and eat it. Then it will see the second apple and eat that one too. Then the third, then the fourth, and so on. By this time it's fat and slow, so you can throw a net over it and its yours!

Only preowned Bomys go wild, so it's not that they become more common, just that they get recycled faster when people don't take care of them.

Spunky2000ca
09-29-2001, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Tyhm
Only preowned Bomys go wild, so it's not that they become more common, just that they get recycled faster when people don't take care of them.
thats a good idea, ive seen too many that sit in the same places for months on end

Anyway, i got a comment to add

bomys should only go wild when the owner is online, and doesnt take care of it, NOT if the owner isnt online.
Some ppl lose internet etc, etc, so sometiems they cant be online for a while, so they shouldnt lose a bomy over that

Darkspector
09-29-2001, 08:55 AM
how about something in the moon opens up and allows humans to go in and try and capture a bomy 10g a try if you catch on you can train it by mini games. It starts with 50 hp it loses hp from other bomys when they fight when it dies you hvae to get a new one. Already bomy owners have the same stufff but they always have it it never leaves after death it returns but weakend from death