PDA

View Full Version : New Rule

Lycia
09-18-2001, 02:58 PM
Effective immediately, the majority of events will be held purely for entertainment value.

When I founded the Events Team back in January/February, there were next to no prizes for events. Now, it seems that people are begging the hell out of the Events Team members to hold events so they can get their greedy hands on some money.

Sorry, but, we're not the Money Team. We're the Events Team. We're here to entertain you folks. We're not here to give money out.

Now, that's not to say we will NEVER give money out. Money will be given out during large SCHEDULED events. That's right, folks. Major events where money or prizes are involved will be planned.

So, for all of you money grubbing fiends out there who are trigger-happy to PM Events Team members to death saying, "PLZ HOLD AN EVENT", might wanna relax on that, unless you genuinely want an event held purely for entertainment value.

So, ET members, pocket your gralats for your own purposes, and players, understand that events shouldn't just be about winning something. It should be about having fun. :)

However, if players wish to pool their money together for an event, then they may hold their own "winner takes all" event. (Idea contributed by Brandon)

That will be acceptable.

TrueHeaT
09-18-2001, 03:16 PM
muahaha :eek:

cds96
09-18-2001, 08:03 PM
But et will still beg for money

abcd9876
09-18-2001, 09:26 PM
ET members shouldn't use their tag when they don't hold event.
And isn't winning events is one of the ways for newbies to get money?
If ET doesn't make events for money, than the team should be canceled, and all players should be able to make all events.

Lycia
09-18-2001, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by abcd9876
ET members shouldn't use their tag when they don't hold event.
And isn't winning events is one of the ways for newbies to get money?
If ET doesn't make events for money, than the team should be canceled, and all players should be able to make all events.

Lets address each of your issues.

First, if a player wants an event held for entertainment, then, they should be able to distinguish who is in ET and who isn't, so they can ask a member of the team to hold an event. If no one is wearing their tags, how are they going to know who's ET and who's not?

Second, events aren't for newbies to get money. That's what bread making and fishing is for. Besides, how many newbies do you see winning events? :rolleyes:

Third, like I mentioned in the initial post of this thread, ET wasn't built upon giving money out for prizes for EVERY event.

People should learn what the intent of a team is before they start passing judgement upon it.

And speaking of newbies, judging by your forums registration date, you, yourself is a newbie.

Winning events is based upon how fast your CPU is, connection is, and many other variables. So, how do you figure its a way for newbies to win money?

abcd9876
09-18-2001, 09:52 PM
I don't even see events with no prizes lately.
I see people in ET (like Mike), they are using ET tag, just to show others they are in staff, but doing nothing.
I saw Mike massing about selling hats with ET tag on, I asked him why he use tag when doing nothing, he asked me why he shouldn't =\
After I told him ET shouldn't use tags when doing nothing, he said he is checking egg controls (but he actually sold hats...), so he put an egg fast and logged off. =\

Archeon
09-19-2001, 05:22 AM
PLEUZE DONUTE MONAY TU USK FORDA WALLET I MEAND EVENTZ

AlkarenHyralt
09-19-2001, 05:38 AM
Just a suggestion, so everyone can see this; make this thread sticky.

Jinx
09-19-2001, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by Lycia

And speaking of newbies, judging by your forums registration date, you, yourself is a newbie.

So thats what everyone is coming down to? "Oh, you were just registerd in the last year you newb!"

Why the heck is everyone so judgmental on how long someones been around? I've seen people around for years that are more immature then the "newb" you mentioned, lycia.

And you did not address all of his issues like you claimed, why do ET members wear their tags when they aren't holding events? ITS AN ABUSE OF POWER. I saw the other day one of those high stuck up ET members without his tag on. Well he was walking around, doing something, when the PKers rushed at him. He immediatley jumped in the water, put his ET tag on, and yelled "TOUCH ME AND JAIL...." and a few other ugly words. Now I dont know about you, but I think that is an abuse of power.

Events Team should only have power over players while they are holding an event, when I find myself in that situation can I go make them stop like that?

It's an abuse of power, but then again, what do I know? According to you and my "date registered" i'm only still a newb, stupid me.

-Jinx

Jinx
09-19-2001, 05:47 AM
Also, there is a problem with ET swearing, it just seems nearly all of them do it.

It's horrible.

-Jinx

Torankusu
09-19-2001, 05:53 AM
These events are not entertaining when held by *****ic newbies like you have hired, Lycia.

LordMatt
09-19-2001, 06:17 AM
Effective immediately, the majority of events will be held purely for entertainment value.

When I founded the Events Team back in January/February, there were next to no prizes for events. Now, it seems that people are begging the hell out of the Events Team members to hold events so they can get their greedy hands on some money.

Sorry, but, we're not the Money Team. We're the Events Team. We're here to entertain you folks. We're not here to give money out.

Now, that's not to say we will NEVER give money out. Money will be given out during large SCHEDULED events. That's right, folks. Major events where money or prizes are involved will be planned.

So, for all of you money grubbing fiends out there who are trigger-happy to PM Events Team members to death saying, "PLZ HOLD AN EVENT", might wanna relax on that, unless you genuinely want an event held purely for entertainment value.

So, ET members, pocket your gralats for your own purposes, and players, understand that events shouldn't just be about winning something. It should be about having fun. :)

However, if players wish to pool their money together for an event, then they may hold their own "winner takes all" event. (Idea contributed by Brandon)

That will be acceptable. SuddenDeath Leader (Bloodstar) (9/18/01 5:14:18 PM):
yes all events are about $ on this server
SuddenDeath Leader (Bloodstar) (9/18/01 5:11:33 PM):
ok bye. we want a prize
SuddenDeath Leader (Bloodstar) (9/18/01 5:04:52 PM):
i will play a survivor or cops and rbbers if ya have a prize

Jinx
09-19-2001, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by Torankusu
These events are not entertaining when held by *****ic newbies like you have hired, Lycia.

-Jinx

General
09-19-2001, 07:11 AM
darklink was a better ET, and darklink...well you know

Brad0629
09-19-2001, 08:11 AM
ALL my events will still be for money

k :)

sorry thats a bad idea lycia

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
09-19-2001, 08:21 AM
Hi Lycia
Prepare to see the downfall of ET, it will be just as useful as a spar admin

Brad0629
09-19-2001, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
Hi Lycia
Prepare to see the downfall of ET, it will be just as useful as a spar admin

errr im sorry lycia I gotta agree

this is a bad rule

im your asst and thats my opinion

Hey i am cool
09-19-2001, 08:33 AM
I understand where she is coming from but the Money made people participate more, and if there wasn't supposed to be any events held for money the DONATION CUPS WOULD NOT BE THERE.

Brad0629
09-19-2001, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Hey i am cool
I understand where she is coming from but the Money made people participate more, and if there wasn't supposed to be any events held for money the DONATION CUPS WOULD NOT BE THERE.

sotrue

TylerS36
09-19-2001, 09:07 AM
why do people need to have tags to start events? they dont. therefore, ET is useless.

Dilrod
09-19-2001, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Torankusu
yes i agree 100%.... if you have registered your account in june or before you should not be ET,Police,FAQ ETC

abcd9876
09-19-2001, 12:53 PM

I started playing Graal on version 1.34 or 1.35.
I started playing G2K1 at begging of version 2.01, I just didn't register to the forum 'till than.

evilcow
09-19-2001, 01:28 PM

homeless1
09-19-2001, 01:45 PM
Lycia you should reply, your getting killed. Um yah if you quit giving out money for events people will just not have as much reason to go to them, people can be enterrained fine without ET events, theres that new metris game and stuff, and bomys and well entertainments isnt limited to ET events, so taking away prizes for contests is sorta...dumb. your killing events team and stuff.

Lycia
09-19-2001, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by homeless1
Lycia you should reply, your getting killed. Um yah if you quit giving out money for events people will just not have as much reason to go to them, people can be enterrained fine without ET events, theres that new metris game and stuff, and bomys and well entertainments isnt limited to ET events, so taking away prizes for contests is sorta...dumb. your killing events team and stuff.

For the 3rd time, ET was built upon having no prizes. It managed perfectly fine then. It will manage again.

09-20-2001, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by TylerS36
why do people need to have tags to start events? they dont. therefore, ET is useless.

twiz:then people wopuld be complainging about so aand so interrupted my event....people ending games in CS etc...

Merlin
09-20-2001, 03:43 AM
oh no :cri: no more fake money

Jinx
09-21-2001, 04:02 AM
Well then Lycia, please talk to stefan about changing the main graal2001.com home page, because it seems VERY misleading to new players:

There are also prizes for events such as a counter-strike game, horse races, football, cops vs robbers........

-Jinx

abcd9876
09-21-2001, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by IcePick_2001

twiz:then people wopuld be complainging about so aand so interrupted my event....people ending games in CS etc...
What about editing the scripts to define who will be the host of an event and only he may be able to control it?

Cloud_X
09-21-2001, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by Jinx
Well then Lycia, please talk to stefan about changing the main graal2001.com home page, because it seems VERY misleading to new players:

-Jinx
She said SOME events NOW AND THEN will have prizes.....to much text for you to read?

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
09-21-2001, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by Cloud_X

She said SOME events NOW AND THEN will have prizes.....to much text for you to read?
She said only major events will have prizes, like the huge ones that have days of preperation

Jinx
09-22-2001, 04:12 AM
So events now need days of preperation? Funny, awhile ago events were fun, and they didn't take that long to prepare.

Oh yes, and they also had prizes.

-Jinx

Dilrod
09-22-2001, 11:07 AM
I WANT MONEY NOW AND I WANT IT NOW

spi
09-22-2001, 03:01 PM
i dont really care about the money, but problem is noone goes so it isnt fun.

cds96
09-22-2001, 07:14 PM
lycia has made ET about as usefull as the popes testicles

You need more ET from different time zones, not all from the usa, like have an english et, auztriallian et and a german et, so most people are on when at least 1 et is om

Asuka
09-24-2001, 12:29 AM
Oh my a wussified nation of graalians........ First of all i am behind everyone who's saying ET should have money for prizes for events. If people want events just for entertainment then they should do it themselves. Twiz on your comment about so and so interrupted my event let them complain because it's their own fault. Back in the days of classic me, mercury, draxi, flash, ummm i think thats it held events all the time in zols scavangers and the football fiels. We had sparring events most of the time but sometimes we held the occasional horse race. And whenever someone tried to interrupt we beat the hell out of them. Thats how events are supposed to be =)

Rekad
09-24-2001, 12:45 AM
why the hell do people play CS? it's the stupidest game ever.

Rone
09-24-2001, 02:58 AM
Noone comes to events that have no prizez

starkid99
09-24-2001, 03:40 AM
Theres no reason to be/ do an event if there is no prize...burn ET down :D