PDA

View Full Version : Event of the Century!

Enigma_GP6
09-18-2001, 06:22 AM
We here at the people-that-are-able-to-post-in-the-forums Inc., Would like to host a Playerworld day. One day when everyone could go to P2P just once to see what it is like. This about this, I never thought anyone would post. Godo Day.

-Rebel95

AlexH
09-18-2001, 06:26 AM
so what you want is all the lil cheap people that wont upgrade their accs to get on p2p servers
people who have paid for accounts wont be to happy see fig1

fig1

:grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
09-18-2001, 07:01 AM
Actually he has a point. Maybe if for one day every non p2p server went free people could experience it and saw what fun we would have. I'm sure that would spark some sort of interest for more upgraded accounts. I know when I upgraded my account the one thing making me uncertain was that I didn't really know what I was paying for, but it was really worth it :)

However, the problem is that if you let the people in like that, your going to have stolen ganis and GFX and so many ideas it isn't even funny.

AlexH
09-18-2001, 07:04 AM
exactly
and they will see all of the UC servers so they wont be expecting much
they'll think they are just paying for one server :(

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
09-18-2001, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by AlexH
exactly
and they will see all of the UC servers so they wont be expecting much
they'll think they are just paying for one server :(
Suppose that someone took this idea seriously, I'm sure by then that some servers like Faheria or ToT would be semi-functional and they could see that too

Jinx
09-19-2001, 06:47 AM
Some of you dont really understand.

Many many many people are willing to upgrade thier account, but they have some common sense, they read the forums before upgrading, and they see the crap that it is. Go to the events forum, we have a newb team of ETs who dont even know where they can hold events, they can't even give out prizes, the "donations" dont actually go towards events, the ET spend it on stuff.

G2k1 just isn't worth 30 bucks a year.

-Jinx

Enigma_GP6
09-19-2001, 07:27 AM
I wouldn't care how much I pay for P2P, I never see the bill, ::credit card::

-Rebel95

Darkspector
09-20-2001, 04:34 AM
If freeloaders saw p2p they'ed all upgrand and play. THINK OF THE LAG AND THE MONEY PROBLEMS!! TOO FEW HATS, BEGGING NOOBS, TOO FEW BOMYS, TOO MANY MASSES NOT ENOUGH SPACE ITS BE OUR APOLOLIPS/ ARMAGEDEN/ JUDGEMENT DAY. ITS ALREADY GETING FULL!!

Enigma_GP6
09-20-2001, 07:20 AM
And Your Point is?
Stefan Would get Paid More
::Cha Ching::

-Rebel95

ArmadeusWarlock
09-20-2001, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Jinx
we have a newb team of ETs who dont even know where they can hold events, they can't even give out prizes, the "donations" dont actually go towards events, the ET spend it on stuff.

Totally NOT TRUE.
You shouldn't address ET as a whole like, that cuz some of us are not like taht @ all :mad:

Enigma_GP6
09-20-2001, 11:20 AM
So True.....

-Rebel95

Valder
09-20-2001, 11:29 AM

Many many many people are willing to upgrade thier account, but they have some common sense, they read the forums before upgrading, and they see the crap that it is. Go to the events forum, we have a newb team of ETs who dont even know where they can hold events, they can't even give out prizes, the "donations" dont actually go towards events, the ET spend it on stuff.

-Jinx

I'm sorry, you're my friend and all, but you can bite me right now. I am on ET, and I may not hold 5473957203 events a day, but I work for my money and i give out prizes. I also try and think of new events to do, because not everyone has very good fighting skills and would like to earn some money somehow, and it's not very easy.

ZanderX
09-20-2001, 11:35 AM

-Jinx

Sorry, that's not true. Lots of non-pay to play Graalians do not read these forums. In fact, most don't. I know many, many Graalians who do not pay to play or anything and they don't read these forums, and neither do any of their friends or their friends. This board does not get much traffic from non-p2p, or else we would have more than about 6 guests on at any one time.

Valder
09-20-2001, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX

Sorry, that's not true. Lots of non-pay to play Graalians do not read these forums. In fact, most don't. I know many, many Graalians who do not pay to play or anything and they don't read these forums, and neither do any of their friends or their friends. This board does not get much traffic from non-p2p, or else we would have more than about 6 guests on at any one time.

And if that were true more people would actually update their account. There may be flaming and such, but there are many positive things on the forums that promote graal also.

ZanderX
09-20-2001, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Valder

And if that were true more people would actually update their account. There may be flaming and such, but there are many positive things on the forums that promote graal also.

Exactly. Great summarization and add on to my post, SEņOR VALDER.

Enigma_GP6
09-20-2001, 11:42 AM
"I wish People Would Renounce Violence Forever"

"That's a beautiful thought."

"Yes, if no one else were bad, I could conquer the whole stupid planet with just a butter knife"- Dilbert Cartoon

-Rebel95

IceHawk
09-20-2001, 11:42 AM
POSTING MACHIENS LOL

Jinx
09-21-2001, 04:06 AM
Ok, I'm sorry, I do take back what I said about all the ETs being bad, i was in somewhat a bad mood, some ETs are good.

But I do know many many people without p2p accounts that DO read this board. Many people just dont think it's worth the 30 bucks.

-Jinx

konidias
09-21-2001, 07:05 AM
I'm sorry but that is a terrible idea.. The server would be so laggy the unupgraded account people wouldn't even be able to enjoy it.. and to be honest, 1 day of free g2k1 is not worth it.. you would'nt be able to experience much expect the fancy lights, and the day/night effect.. you don't get money to start off so there would be all these newbies looking for money and lagging the server.

Plus if any of them DID enjoy it, they would most likely use a stolen credit card to pay for an account upgrade. Since most of them are too cheap to actually pay to play.. I paid my 30 dollars for a year and I think stefan deserves the money.. He has put so much time and work into Graal and to sit here and say that playing Graal for 2 years isn't worth it is nonsense. I have had a good time and met many people playing. :)

General
09-21-2001, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Darkspector
If freeloaders saw p2p they'ed all upgrand and play. THINK OF THE LAG AND THE MONEY PROBLEMS!! TOO FEW HATS, BEGGING NOOBS, TOO FEW BOMYS, TOO MANY MASSES NOT ENOUGH SPACE ITS BE OUR APOLOLIPS/ ARMAGEDEN/ JUDGEMENT DAY. ITS ALREADY GETING FULL!!

if freeloaders saw p2p none would upgrade

YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK! goodbye!

Jinx
09-22-2001, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by konidias

Plus if any of them DID enjoy it, they would most likely use a stolen credit card to pay for an account upgrade. Since most of them are too cheap to actually pay to play..

Actually many of them would pay, if they belived it was worth it, but there are problems. Stefan does put a lot of work into it and I think he should get the money, but they just dont want to spend 30 bucks. And also quite a few of you with p2p accounts are just idiots, many of you think just because someone doesnt upgrade their accounts that their cheap idiots, that all p2p servers are crap. Also yet ANOTHER reason many of them dont upgrade is because they dont have their own credit card.

Again, I only said quite a few of you, i didn't say everyone. Most people on g2k1 are cool, but there are just some idiots.

-Jinx

Enigma_GP6
09-23-2001, 10:07 AM

Again, I only said quite a few of you, i didn't say everyone. Most people on g2k1 are cool, but there are just some idiots.

-Jinx

Like Me?

-Rebel95

Wing
09-28-2001, 08:54 AM

You mean it would stay the exact same way it is now?

EFX
09-28-2001, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Wing

You mean it would stay the exact same way it is now?

Dilrod
09-29-2001, 12:14 PM

ono!

Qwert616
09-29-2001, 03:08 PM
I used to view the forums before I had P2P because that was the only way I could figure out what G2K1. I still wasn't sure so I bought a 6 month account. If I still like it I'll upgrade again. As for the P2P it is in a sense a good idea...but in a way I don't think it would turn out well. It's hard to just play 2001 in one day and get the full effect...