PDA

View Full Version : Admins and NPC scripters, plz read

Pago
04-07-2001, 01:18 AM
This spring break, since I have no school and (almost) no homework for ten days, I'm going to start on a bar that features tag-team type sparring rooms. I already have it all planned out, there's just one problem. I need to fully understand how to assign indexes to a specific player or group of players and how to manipulate the indexed player/players. In order to do that, I need someone to either send me a level editor that can read .code files or the scripts for the CSs.

Now if someone could send them to me, that would be great. Otherwise, I can't script the levels

If finished, you'd be able to appreciate:

1) Tag Team Room Two teams of two players fight each other in an arena. On each side of the arena is a bench where each tag team partner sits. While someone is sitting out, they slowly gain health (like a bed, but slower). Anyways, the two players in the actual ring fight each other, and a player may "tag" his team mate, by stepping on a switch and pressing D. When a player is tagged, he switches places with the player in the ring. The team who successfully kills both players on the opposing team wins the match.

2) Four-Team Tag Team Room I'm not sure if I even should add this room, but I think it would be superfun! The object is to completely demolish every other team in the arena.

3) Four-on-four Two teams of four players battle each other in an arena. Two opposing players start off in the ring, while the other three on each team start off in the bench. There's no tagging involved in this game, but every few seconds (like 20 or so), one benched player from each team gets warped into the ring to help his team mate. If no one gets killed until everyone gets warped on, it would be four vs four (yeah, baby!). The object of the game is to completely demolish the other team

Tell me what you think! Oh, and I still need those scripts

vergil
04-07-2001, 02:01 AM
sounds great :)

Hawk
04-08-2001, 05:45 AM
Go For it!

Pago
04-08-2001, 07:22 AM
Well, I would, but I still have no idea how to script effective team-orginization (i.e. CS)

So basically, I would if I could but I can't so I wont :(

Asuka
04-09-2001, 05:02 PM
IF you make the other stuff except the team organization stefan will more than likely add that for you.

Pago
04-09-2001, 10:55 PM
Ok. I guess I'll start then. Don't expect much though... the scripting is at least 2/3 of the level ;)

Admins
04-10-2001, 12:04 PM
Yes I can imagine
But it should be possible,
since the npcserver can also
set tags so that team members doesn't
hurt each other

Tolerian28
04-10-2001, 03:52 PM
sounds good pago

sniperjoe10
04-11-2001, 02:10 AM