PDA

View Full Version : Baking

Zulithe
08-23-2001, 10:58 AM
Umm... just like before with mining (the hammering of the ore) we only have four tables to roll the dough... why not more? Just two more would make a huge difference.

Still... that aside, what is with the jobs? I mean, it's all the same. They just require different tools (or in baking's case, free tools)

Baking = gather (the wheat), refine (to bread), sell
Mining = gather (the ore), refine (to metal), sell (or use to make tools)
Fishing = gather (umm! the fish), sell
Bird catching = gather (the birds), sell
Farming = gather (the seeds), refine/nurture (to apples), sell

Now, buisiness is pretty much devided into two devisions. Products and services.

On Graal, it is all about selling products. Now, some of those are somewhat services, but it still involves a product being sold in some way.

What would be a good service players could provide to make money? Services to other players, or even to NPCs.

Mail delivery? You report to the post office, and you go and you deliver letters to NPC houses. Or packages, you might even need to track down wandering NPCs that roam the whole map, which would make it harder (and you could get more money that way)

The problem with this though I could see, is that it would take a lot more scripting.

In the end though, I think it would be worth it! We need more stimulating jobs, not just jobs where you tap away at a button the whole time >_<

08-23-2001, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Zulithe
Umm... just like before with mining (the hammering of the ore) we only have four tables to roll the dough... why not more? Just two more would make a huge difference.

Still... that aside, what is with the jobs? I mean, it's all the same. They just require different tools (or in baking's case, free tools)

Now, buisiness is pretty much devided into two devisions. Products and services.

On Graal, it is all about selling products. Now, some of those are somewhat services, but it still involves a product being sold in some way.

What would be a good service players could provide to make money? Services to other players, or even to NPCs.

Mail delivery? You report to the post office, and you go and you deliver letters to NPC houses. Or packages, you might even need to track down wandering NPCs that roam the whole map, which would make it harder (and you could get more money that way)

The problem with this though I could see, is that it would take a lot more scripting.

In the end though, I think it would be worth it! We need more stimulating jobs, not just jobs where you tap away at a button the whole time >_<

In response to your idea about mail and package delivery...The sooner you deliver it to the wandering NPC, the more money you get. :)

Infamy
08-23-2001, 04:24 PM
Ahahahaha "GPO" Graalian Post Office!!!!!!!!!:D :D

Birdbird_0
08-23-2001, 05:07 PM
Bah, I am a employey or GPO, And I demeand more gralet for my work! *puts on short short greeen pants and high green socks, green shoes and a very tight green shirt, and the green cap*
I demand more mula ba ayyy beh!
no mula no GPO no mula no GPO
-admin
*click*

GPO-
::disconected::

and there ends our tail of GPO and teh stike.

ownerofbabylon
08-23-2001, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Birdbird_0
Bah, I am a employey or GPO, And I demeand more gralet for my work! *puts on short short greeen pants and high green socks, green shoes and a very tight green shirt, and the green cap*
I demand more mula ba ayyy beh!
no mula no GPO no mula no GPO
-admin
*click*

GPO-
::disconected::

and there ends our tail of GPO and teh stike.

wow, that was intense

Admins
08-23-2001, 06:42 PM
May be you could buy a stack of bred and bring it to
the pumpkin house

toad1413
08-23-2001, 07:05 PM
Maybe make it so the humans have to give the bread to bomys who take it up to the pumkin house? That would create a shared job which is good. It would definatly add more intrest to it...

konidias
08-23-2001, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by toad1413
Maybe make it so the humans have to give the bread to bomys who take it up to the pumkin house? That would create a shared job which is good. It would definatly add more intrest to it...

Yeah.. it would create CHAOS because the bomy's would more than 90% of the time steal the bread and keep whatever money they get for themselves.. not a very good shared job. =/

What in the world is that pumpkin house anyway.. the graphic isn't all that wonderful :(

Skatche
08-23-2001, 11:54 PM
Then how about humans sell the bread for money, then the bomies come to the back room (or whatever) of the bakery and pick up the bread that's been baked, then cart it to the pumpkin house, recieving... well, probably a lot less money than humans do, since they have to collect the weat, knead the dough, cook the bread to a delicious golden brown, and bomies have only to carry it. Probably you recieve 1 gralat per two breds, but you can only carry one at a time. The only real problem is the fact that bomies can't get up to the pumpkin house unaided. That'd have to be changed.

General
08-24-2001, 05:57 AM
whats inside the pumpkin house?

Skatche
08-24-2001, 07:51 AM
It's a pointless bomy colour-changing room.

Tolerian28
08-24-2001, 08:12 PM

Baking was for newbies and anyone to get money to start on something.

but what i think a good idea is that you should be able to trade stuff to NPCs like the Bogan geber (sp?) you could trade 10 loaves of bread for the bogan or something

Skatche
08-24-2001, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Tolerian28

Baking was for newbies and anyone to get money to start on something.

but what i think a good idea is that you should be able to trade stuff to NPCs like the Bogan geber (sp?) you could trade 10 loaves of bread for the bogan or something

In other words, you suggest allowing every newbie in G2K1 to get a bogen, for one quarter the normal price?

JinZero
08-24-2001, 10:25 PM

Good Idea

Brad0629
08-25-2001, 05:21 AM
Liek koni has new money idea thats getting put up tonite

Skatche
08-25-2001, 07:43 AM
what money making idea might that be?

konidias
08-25-2001, 12:35 PM
Apple pie baking, and its quite profitable.. (if you already didn't know) :cool:

Skatche
08-25-2001, 01:47 PM
I'm too lazy (and too tired) to go try it. What's the difference between apple pie baking and bred baking?