PDA

View Full Version : Bomy Droids

Tyhm
08-22-2001, 02:02 PM
I sent this to Gonmon too:
I think somewhere in Zalactic Labs there should just be a level where it shows Bomy androids being assembled, and a sign or a scientist explains they're making Bomy pets. That way, you explain why Bomy pets act differently from regular Bomys, and you don'y have to worry about why Bomys have the same intelligence as Humans one minute, and are "pets" the next!

Valder
08-22-2001, 02:18 PM
I like that idea, but not all bomy pet's should be androids, only some

habek
08-22-2001, 06:45 PM
and put an npc for a scientist constructing a BAES :)

Cloud_X
08-22-2001, 07:57 PM
What if the pet's were ethier criminals or choosen or something and had some coller controling them or so.

SagaTCN
08-23-2001, 05:24 AM
great idea =)

Tyhm
08-23-2001, 05:51 AM
Then they're slaves. You may as well have dark-skinned human pets with mind control collars, it's only graphically different. But robots are different, see.
I guess they'd technically be some sorta bioroid cyborgs, kinda like Terminator, flesh over steel...but they have to be pretty basic, or you get into the argument can bioroids have souls if they're created in a lab, can they ever be entitled to the same rights...you have this argument with like the Bicentenial Man or whatever that Robin Williams movie was, but not with Battlebots.

If you have a living entity fighting for your amusement, it's inhumane. If it is of a breed that can communicate and quest on the level of humans, it's slavery. If it's just a radio controlled robot though, hey, it's good clean fun. It's not a seperate entity, it's an extension of yourself. Bomy pets need to be defined somewhere as being an extension of their owner, controlled, with no intelligence of their own, while Bomy Players need to be defined as intelligent, autonomous entities. Which is why there needs to be a big difference, ie Bomy Players are aliens from the wreckage in Mount Antora, and Bomy Pets are their robot servants from the alien world.

habek
08-23-2001, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Tyhm
Then they're slaves. You may as well have dark-skinned human pets with mind control collars
are you bein racist?

Falcor
08-23-2001, 10:50 AM
If inderectly mentioning a minority is racism. then yes. Else then no. :rolleyes: Gowd people are too politically correct.

freddyfox
08-23-2001, 11:24 AM
You may as well have dark-skinned human pets with mind control collars

Cliche city.

Tyhm
08-24-2001, 10:11 AM
The point is that if Bomys were people, you couldn't keep them as pets. So either Bomys aren't people and there's no explanation for why the Bomy players are off-leash, Bomys ARE people and the pets are renamed slaves, or Bomy pets aren't people and Bomys are, because they're internally different (despite being externally indentical).

It's like if you ever saw a cartoon with Goofy and Pluto. They're both dogs, but Goofy wears clothes, walks upright and drives a car while Pluto lives in a doghouse and wears a collar. It's freaky, you've got a universe where dogs vote and dogs sniff each others' butts.

Rekad
08-24-2001, 10:41 AM
here is how I see it, and I ll make it metaphorical to look cool:
Player Bomies: the Wolves of the Bomy world, antisocial, smart, but can form pack instincts i.e. (Bomy Gang)

Pet Bomies: the Dogs of the Bomy world, loving, ignorant creatures that thrive on having a master, if a Pet Bomy didnt have a mister they would just hibernate into their shells until a new master came, and if the master they had was cruel, they would hide in their shell until a new master came, and if the new master was neglectful, they would become DemiWolf bomies, they would be very violent, they would eat any food they could find, and they would try to get into a pack with bomys of their own type. Although they would be indepedent, the Dog Bomys dont posess the intelligence to live in Society like the Wolve bomys can.

T3CK
08-27-2001, 09:59 AM
I agree...it should be made clear that pet bomy-bopots are not the same type that click-click around by themselves and speak human languages fluently. Needs to be clear that one is an relative of the turtle(?) and the other is an advanced robot...no flesh-over-electronics situation since bomys have no visible skin...just an airtight shell, reproducible with plastic, legs (also can be plastic), and eyes (neon?). I'm all for Zalactic Labs including a bomy pet factory.

jonboy88
08-27-2001, 10:34 AM
Yeah my friend is working on bomy androids there should be androids being made and my freind has ganis and pics for bomy android armor.
Its not a very good idea though....

kyle0654
08-27-2001, 11:20 AM
hmm....looks like I need to set a meeting with Gonmon...too bad Antago weren't still around, he'd know exactly what he wanted. (good and bad, depends on the situation)

I'd say that bomies are much different creatures than humans though. While some are extremely intelligent (well, intelligent for them, which is incredibly idiotic in humans, which is about like most graalians) and can walk around and have learned to speak like humans, others are dumb and can't do well on their own, and therefore need a master to guide them.

Robots probably wouldn't be very likely, because the research on bomy bopots never was fully completed before the labs were destroyed...

Now, if Antago's plans had been carried out, we'd have breeding bomy bopots roaming around...

Tyhm
08-27-2001, 12:37 PM
I thought Zalactic Labs was a Bomy Planet Lab?
It's not like Graalians are making Bomy pets, it's Bomy tech....hey, if they can make a BAES, they can make Bomy-droids....
Bomy players being rogue Bomys works too I guess. Then they gotta fight for recognition as a cogniscent species....

Rekad
08-27-2001, 03:07 PM
INVASION OF THE BOMY [email protected]

shayden
08-27-2001, 07:38 PM
Then they're slaves. You may as well have dark-skinned human pets with mind control collars, it's only graphically different. But robots are different, see.
I guess they'd technically be some sorta bioroid cyborgs, kinda like Terminator, flesh over steel...but they have to be pretty basic, or you get into the argument can bioroids have souls if they're created in a lab, can they ever be entitled to the same rights...you have this argument with like the Bicentenial Man or whatever that Robin Williams movie was, but not with Battlebots.

If you have a living entity fighting for your amusement, it's inhumane. If it is of a breed that can communicate and quest on the level of humans, it's slavery. If it's just a radio controlled robot though, hey, it's good clean fun. It's not a seperate entity, it's an extension of yourself. Bomy pets need to be defined somewhere as being an extension of their owner, controlled, with no intelligence of their own, while Bomy Players need to be defined as intelligent, autonomous entities. Which is why there needs to be a big difference, ie Bomy Players are aliens from the wreckage in Mount Antora, and Bomy Pets are their robot servants from the alien world.

Graal takes place in Medieval times, Stefan only want's things that have to do in Graal's time period, Slavery was common practice in Medieval times =( I don't think it matters if the Bomys are slaves, to be offended by that means your a friggin idiot.

T3CK
08-27-2001, 10:48 PM
What is the BAES?

As another thing, the bomys are, from what I hear, aliens. As in, built a spaceship, no doubt going around the speed of light. Implying futuristic tech...voice-controlled robots would be simple compared to that.

Rekad
08-28-2001, 12:03 PM
maybe bomys pets where servant droids made by the person that made the BAES.

Rekad
08-28-2001, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by T3CK
What is the BAES?

As another thing, the bomys are, from what I hear, aliens. As in, built a spaceship, no doubt going around the speed of light. Implying futuristic tech...voice-controlled robots would be simple compared to that. no, the bomy planet collided into the Graal planet, and thats why bomys are around.

habek
08-28-2001, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Rekad
no, the bomy planet collided into the Graal planet, and thats why bomys are around.
lel

Admins
08-29-2001, 12:45 AM
You could go finding two bomys who like each
other, which produce an egg, after some days
a bomy would come out of it,
and would need to be feeded etc.
after some weeks it would die

08-29-2001, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Stefan

YAY!...

but wait i know something better, two bomy can fuse with each other to become one... with legs, arms, and a stronger-cooler body!!

that would be sooo cool!!

Butz
08-29-2001, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by thotijn2

YAY!...

but wait i know something better, two bomy can fuse with each other to become one... with legs, arms, and a stronger-cooler body!!

that would be sooo cool!!

Sounds like Monster Rancher....

Hmmm... Maybe all bomies used to be like the robots which follow humanoids around, but some have gained a sense of self-awareness, (which would be the Bomy Players)...

cyborg5
08-29-2001, 03:04 AM
here's an idea:
Bomy pets are a relative of some animal like a turtle, and the true player bomies actually just adopted the apearence of something the humans know so they wouldn't get freaked out! I'm sure if bomies had planet moving technology they could probably change their looks pretty much at will! (setbomy!)

habek
08-29-2001, 08:03 AM
hmmm, stefan talks here, so is that mean that this is going to be done?

LilbrojX
08-29-2001, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by habek
hmmm, stefan talks here, so is that mean that this is going to be done?

actually... I can't remmember when, or where, or why, but I remmember stefan saying something about bomies getting jiggy and having babies... not in those words though :D

habek
08-29-2001, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by LilbrojX

actually... I can't remmember when, or where, or why, but I remmember stefan saying something about bomies getting jiggy and having babies... not in those words though :D
he did say that lol.
but is it for pet bomys or player bomys?

LilbrojX
08-29-2001, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by habek

he did say that lol.
but is it for pet bomys or player bomys?

AHH! UCKY!!! EWW! can you imagine a gani for bomys getting jigidy with it? lol

habek
08-29-2001, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by LilbrojX

AHH! UCKY!!! EWW! can you imagine a gani for bomys getting jigidy with it? lol
that would be interesting to see =P

konidias
08-29-2001, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Stefan

:eek: So you mean two bomy pets can breed another one? That would be a good idea.. but you said they DIE? I can understand if you meant they die if you didnt feed them enough.. but the way you put it, you're just saying they die after a few weeks... no matter what.. what are we doing.. raising sea monkeys? :p

Attention fellow graalians, bomy's will now follow the guidelines of goldfish. They have absolutely no use, you keep them as pets, they multiply like mad, and they die within a week.

General
08-30-2001, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by kyle0654
hmm....looks like I need to set a meeting with Gonmon...too bad Antago weren't still around, he'd know exactly what he wanted. (good and bad, depends on the situation)

I'd say that bomies are much different creatures than humans though. While some are extremely intelligent (well, intelligent for them, which is incredibly idiotic in humans, which is about like most graalians) and can walk around and have learned to speak like humans, others are dumb and can't do well on their own, and therefore need a master to guide them.

Robots probably wouldn't be very likely, because the research on bomy bopots never was fully completed before the labs were destroyed...

Now, if Antago's plans had been carried out, we'd have breeding bomy bopots roaming around...

BOMY PR0N!

freddyfox
08-31-2001, 11:19 AM
So the Human planet and the Bomy planet collided together?

Hmm... what do you think the world would look like seperated?

Xythar
09-03-2001, 12:05 PM
Actually, according to a cactus in the Santerrain, the collision of the bomies' planet is the direct cause of global warming. Those ****ers.

Black_Foot3
09-03-2001, 02:16 PM
hey i heard from stefan that they r making something for bomies that they goto the z-labs and pay money and become a mobile suit and thye can fly around and such. but stefan doesnt have the prices.i say stefan should make it liek from weakest armor to highest like how hammers r done. the prices for armor shoudl be like wooden-50,silver-100 and gold 150

habek
09-03-2001, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Black_Foot3
hey i heard from stefan that they r making something for bomies that they goto the z-labs and pay money and become a mobile suit and thye can fly around and such. but stefan doesnt have the prices.i say stefan should make it liek from weakest armor to highest like how hammers r done. the prices for armor shoudl be like wooden-50,silver-100 and gold 150
Do you quote this from gonmon? cos your suggestions are almost exactly the same from what he said about BAES

konidias
09-03-2001, 03:39 PM
Baes should run on gralat power.. and need one gralat every 5 minutes to run :D

Because bomys are already gaining an advantage with the damn health.. not only do they have more health normally than humans, now they can store 3 bottles of pure water to heal THREE MORE FULL TIMES. GEEZ WHAT WAS STEFAN THINKING. lol.. baes better be costly, or take up some resource that bomys would need to get.. otherwise graal is going to go downhill.. I dont want to be a bomy nor do I like the idea of baes as any type of weapon system.. imagine bomys with their current health ability and also big arms to swing at you or swinging a sword/lifting bombs and bushes.. lord have mercy on us all. :(

habek
09-03-2001, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by konidias
Baes should run on gralat power.. and need one gralat every 5 minutes to run :D

Because bomys are already gaining an advantage with the damn health.. not only do they have more health normally than humans, now they can store 3 bottles of pure water to heal THREE MORE FULL TIMES. GEEZ WHAT WAS STEFAN THINKING. lol.. baes better be costly, or take up some resource that bomys would need to get.. otherwise graal is going to go downhill.. I dont want to be a bomy nor do I like the idea of baes as any type of weapon system.. imagine bomys with their current health ability and also big arms to swing at you or swinging a sword/lifting bombs and bushes.. lord have mercy on us all. :(
BAES runs on bombs