Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-23-2016, 02:20 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
how do we get an analogous classic version of era without all the economy and gear nonsense and just pick up and play shoot-questing
wat u mean "shoot-questing"?
Old 12-23-2016, 07:26 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I was wondering the same thing. Kia's posts have been bizarre non-sequitur lately, which is strange because he/she seemed like a fairly intelligent individual when we talked before.
Old 12-23-2016, 07:26 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
I was wondering the same thing. Kia's posts have been bizarre non-sequitur lately, which is strange because he/she seemed like a fairly intelligent individual when we talked before.
hes prob just off his meds : - )
Old 12-24-2016, 01:17 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
quests where u shoot instead of sword

Quote:
hes prob just off his meds : - )
Old 12-24-2016, 11:38 AM
y would u wanna do era quests theyre so bad
Old 12-24-2016, 02:58 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Quote:
I remember in the first few months of Era, they had house phones in every building so you could call the other buildings. We had so much fun prank calling the gang hide outs and stuff.
oh i loved that soooooo much xD also the ATMs were funny

Old 12-24-2016, 06:01 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
I actually feel like something fun could be done with it, but when I tried a quest on era sadly you're right.

I wanna see a modern graal server, or a city in one, with an isometric perspective for the buildings like Fourside in Earthbound.
Old 12-24-2016, 08:01 PM
Quote:
I actually feel like something fun could be done with it, but when I tried a quest on era sadly you're right.

I wanna see a modern graal server, or a city in one, with an isometric perspective for the buildings like Fourside in Earthbound.
i would like to plant trees for 1 rupee a day on such a server
Old 12-24-2016, 10:37 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

well I didn't mean shitty era quests, I was talking about a hypothetical "classic" quest-event-npc bullshit-sparring server that just uses like three gun types instead of typical sword/bomb/arrow

the only era quests I remember are the ninja hideout and the sewer with zombies and I don't ****ing remember when that was but christ were they a chore
Old 12-25-2016, 12:35 AM
Cassini
defaultaccount is on a distinguished road
We want hypershell

Do we get to pick a gun after the reset so we dont spwn with nothen
Old 01-04-2017, 03:30 AM
LimetasticSlushy has a spectacular aura aboutLimetasticSlushy has a spectacular aura about
Well the execution of this certainly flopped ._. I'm not really wanting to wait until Christmas in February before everything falls into place. The reset should've been postponed until the Christmas quest in the first place, certainly would've left one less person aggravated, I can tell you that much.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:27 AM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
lol
Old 01-10-2017, 01:40 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
I still stand by the idea that era should shift towards loadout based gameplay where you can login and jump right into the action. put 100% of the focus on pking, gangs, events, and completely strip away the economy. you could keep money in the game, but make pking the primary source of income. there are plenty of ways to give money a purpose. although players would have instant access to majority of guns in the game with the loadout system, you could require items like explosives and armor to be purchased, or allow players to have a specialty weapon in their loadout, but the specialty weapon would need special ammo that needs to be purchased.

I won't get too into it because it'll never happen. I suggested the same thing a few years ago and was met with a lot of resistance. yet here we are with a reset on the horizon, and I can not wrap my head around the idea of people actually wanting to start from scratch and go through a process that has been completely exhausted for how many years now?

maybe I'm wrong, but I truly believe that era and pc graal in general's only hope of getting "new" players is to attract older players back to the game. resetting the server with the intention of balancing the economy would essentially be shooting yourself in the foot at this point. you need something fresh to spark some life into era, not a "balanced economy."
Old 01-14-2017, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
I still stand by the idea that era should shift towards loadout based gameplay where you can login and jump right into the action.
ya we called it zone. loved it.

era is more like g2k1 with guns minus the limited stock of items...and minus the appeal...and history...and graphics...and gameplay...w/e you get the point
Old 01-15-2017, 12:51 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
era is more like g2k1 with guns minus the limited stock of items...and minus the appeal...and history...and graphics...and gameplay...w/e you get the point
Shots fired.