Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-20-2010, 10:26 AM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
just a question, how many in this thread have their password customized?
i know i do, but it is based on my previous password, due the wikileak.(<-what?)
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 10-20-2010, 12:24 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Personally you seem to be a lot of talk but no action to me TSA.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:07 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Personally you seem to be a lot of talk but no action to me TSA.
Your examples of expected actions include...? Try to keep your mind within the constraints of my rights. I'm sure you know what they are going by how you've been answering.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 10-20-2010, 01:15 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
Your examples of expected actions include...? Try to keep your mind within the constraints of my rights. I'm sure you know what they are going by how you've been answering.
..? What's to expect if all you do is give me excuses. I do have an idea of your rights and they're not great. I expect you if anything to shrug off anything we've asked and give a pitiful defense because that is all I can expect.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:16 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
..? What's to expect if all you do is give me excuses. I do have an idea of your rights and they're not great. I expect you if anything to shrug off anything we've asked and give a pitiful defense because that is all I can expect.
I notice you've avoided my question.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:26 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
It'd be a lot easier to answer that if there were any actions you actually had done that I knew of. Just asking have you actually done anything..?
Old 10-20-2010, 01:31 PM
Forum Moderator
Quote:
It'd be a lot easier to answer that if there were any actions you actually had done that I knew of. Just asking have you actually done anything..?
My job seems like a good thing to have been doing and continue to do. So yeah, I have done quite a lot. Playerworld Administration and Accounts Administration.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:36 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Quote:
My job seems like a good thing to have been doing and continue to do. So yeah, I have done quite a lot. Playerworld Administration and Accounts Administration.
Okay. Now one more question.

You're the guy to deal with account wise right so I'm going to ask If I asked you right now, Ignore for the moment of your "concerns" that I have my password changed to BlankityBloopBlankBlop, Would you be able to do it?
Old 10-20-2010, 01:41 PM
Forum Moderator
Quote:
Okay. Now one more question.

You're the guy to deal with account wise right so I'm going to ask If I asked you right now, Ignore for the moment of your "concerns" that I have my password changed to BlankityBloopBlankBlop, Would you be able to do it?
I have the right to edit the "password" field, yes (Though I dont see existing passwords, and characters I enter are listed as ********). But the use of that is for when the automatic e-mail system is malfunctioning, only. So no, I would not set a custom password for you. Aforementioned concerns and the like truthfully aside. I'm a procedure man, and everyone is treated equally. I would say no to you, so I would say no to "Mr Smith" asking for his password to be **1uRkewL._52*_rawr also.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:47 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Quote:
I have the right to edit the "password" field, yes (Though I dont see existing passwords, and characters I enter are listed as ********). But the use of that is for when the automatic e-mail system is malfunctioning, only. So no, I would not set a custom password for you. Aforementioned concerns and the like truthfully aside. I'm a procedure man, and everyone is treated equally. I would say no to you, so I would say no to "Mr Smith" asking for his password to be **1uRkewL._52*_rawr also.
Okay so you're a blind sheep in a flawed system. Thanks for pointing that out

I'll even make a "proper" situation and let you answer and pray that you're willing to use common sense in your answer. I want you to explain your reason. This statement doesn't matter but I will pretty much make a further judgment on you for account administration because under that title this is practically 101 easy task. I'm trying to help you figure how simple it'd be to actually allow this than rather to ignore it and piss more players off.

Mr. Smith:"HALP HALP MY CLIENT CANT REMEMBURR MY PASSWORD AND DONT HAVE THE EMAIL ANYMORE!!!! CAN YOU CHANGE MY PASSWORD??? HERES THE TRANSACTION ID FROM LIEK AFTER I BOUGHT MY GOLD!!@!@!!@@! PLEASE I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT MY GRAILZ! THERE ARE SO MANY ERA PLAYURS WHO DEPEND ON ME AND SO MANY HATS ON UN WILL BE LAWST!"

-10 more players give similar complaints within a month due to a client bug-

You: ..?

Yes... Mr. Smith is 7 years old.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:55 PM
Forum Moderator
Quote:
Okay so you're a blind sheep in a flawed system. Thanks for pointing that out

I'll even make a "proper" situation and let you answer and pray that you're willing to use common sense in your answer. I want you to explain your reason. This statement doesn't matter but I will pretty much make a further judgment on you for account administration because under that title this is practically 101 easy task.

Mr. Smith:"HALP HALP MY CLIENT CANT REMEMBURR MY PASSWORD AND DONT HAVE THE EMAIL ANYMORE!!!! CAN YOU CHANGE MY PASSWORD??? HERES THE TRANSACTION ID FROM LIEK AFTER I BOUGHT MY GOLD!!@!@!!@@! PLEASE I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT MY GRAILZ! THERE ARE SO MANY ERA PLAYURS WHO DEPEND ON ME AND SO MANY HATS ON UN WILL BE LAWST!"

You: ..?
I would say something to the effect of:

Quote:
Since you have the transaction ID, you must have a copy of the receipt. With a copy of the receipt which includes the all-important WebOrder ID, Item number, Item description (Usually "X months gold/xxx amount of gralats for account <account> (Price)"), etc. it is possible to completely do away with the forgotten e-mail address associated with the account and associate it with a new one which you can then use to change the password, yourself. We need to contact Stefan to compare the receipt to the records.
and then quote the below about e-mail changes (This is not my choice, this is something Stefan's outlined and I've worded it better):

Quote:
Some points to note about e-mail changes:
*If the account is a trial and has been both trial and inactive for more than 5 years, the above is not necessary at all and the account is eligible for reassignment.
*If the account contains the old “Classic Subscription” and the account is not currently upgraded to Gold, the “Classic Subscription” will be removed if you choose to go ahead with the change to the e-mail association. Proof of ownership is still required for a recently expired or long expired Gold Subscription, however.
*If the account is currently upgraded to Gold, nothing will be removed so long as proof of ownership has been confirmed.
ending with (Depending on the current standing of the account subscription) the question of whether or not they wish to proceed and if so, what e-mail address it should be associated with.

Pretty sure, though, you could have given me this little test privately. I don't mind this being public, but we have to keep in mind forum rules.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:05 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
I feel like I was slightly unclear on one tiny tiny thing.

By email in the mr smith example I meant email message with the password. Not email address.

Other than that very well handled of course. Just modify your answer to accommodate with my error if you please. Though I will say that Stefan's work of password change for classic and gold differences is pretty low, so low that it compares to that of cell phone company phone plans.

Also I think forum rules would have shut this thread down if it really was that big of an issue.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:11 PM
Forum Moderator
Quote:
I feel like I was slightly unclear on one tiny tiny thing.

By email in the mr smith example I meant email message with the password. Not email address.

Other than that very well handled of course. Just modify your answer to accommodate with my error if you please. Though I will say that Stefan's work of password change for classic and gold differences is pretty low, so low that it compares to that of cell phone company phone plans.
Okay, accommodating the alteration to the scenario, I don't need their receipt so long as they are e-mailing me from the associated e-mail address directly. This is a bit of lenience I am allowed to dictate, myself. Although, I do realise that the e-mail address could just as easily have been hacked. If that were the case though, the PayPal linked to that e-mail address is just as likely compromised. As such, I'm stuck with what I have to go on regarding that.

That aside, I also have something prepared for when the automatic e-mailing system fails.
(Link approved by me)
http://www.tsadmin.org/graal/passwor.../generator.php
Old 10-20-2010, 02:18 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Alright. I do have a question more to ask. Just need your opinion.

Don't you think If we did something like this below?

Example: Complete Graal Password reset that can only be activated through your email message for your account to allow the password to be reset to what you want it to be for that one time.

I understand of course there's a very small exploit in here but If they were attempting anyways and got far enough to go into the email already than really they deserved to have been hacked in the first place. I get that because of the very hackish rules you're basically bound by your nuts to the rules, but now I wanna discuss a possible compromise instead so that this thread isn't a complete waste. You've said you want to get ideas through and working. Don't you think maybe through some good ol' chatting up the players and you(perhaps others) could discuss how to make this happen?
Old 10-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Forum Moderator
Quote:
Alright. I do have a question more to ask. Just need your opinion.

Don't you think If we did something like this below?

Example: Complete Graal Password reset that can only be activated through your email message for your account to allow the password to be reset to what you want it to be for that one time.

I understand of course there's a very small exploit in here but If they were attempting anyways and got far enough to go into the email already than really they deserved to have been hacked in the first place. I get that because of the very hackish rules you're basically bound by your nuts to the rules, but now I wanna discuss a possible compromise instead so that this thread isn't a complete waste.
I don't know if I'm reading it wrong, or if it was worded oddly, but I'm not sure what your example pertains to. As mentioned much earlier on the first page (Thread view set to show maximum posts per page), I'm open to ideas that support players choosing their own passwords, but it is not me that needs convincing to make the change or a compromise supporting a change. Again, I may have read wrong/misunderstood what you just asked. Sorry if that's the case. Yes, my nuts are pretty bound. It's in the fine-print for this job that I probably missed.