Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2015, 02:03 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Also the /save function isn't needed anymore, your account backs up when you log out.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 02-24-2015, 10:14 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashkin View Post
I would be more than happy to move some content if you want to contact me in-game or on skype. I agree that main is lacking and there is a lot of content on these islands that nobody uses unless they go to their houses..
I never see you on skype anymore.

Edit: another suggestion is to revamp physical, magic and wisdom skills to 5 skills each excluding god skills which would stack on top of wisdom.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:23 PM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Tashkin is a jewel in the roughTashkin is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Tashkin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
I never see you on skype anymore.

Edit: another suggestion is to revamp physical, magic and wisdom skills to 5 skills each excluding god skills which would stack on top of wisdom.
As far as I know that would require mudlib access... which I don't think Unixmad would allow access to that.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:18 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashkin View Post
As far as I know that would require mudlib access... which I don't think Unixmad would allow access to that.
Nah, just modify the current code or recode skills entirely. Similar to how attack types are modified you can modify skills.
Old 02-25-2015, 02:42 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
I've recommended many times that a lot of systems get rescripted. The more control the staff have to change the server the more changed that can be made and more updates.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:38 AM
the Professional.
Raelyn will become famous soon enough
I really wish we had a real menu UI for GK, with a "quest journal", so that you could go back and "restart" on quests that you've already done, etc.

Also, so you could check the journal if you forgot what part you were on of a quest. Especially with the gizmo quests and item turn in quests. I hate that you have to check a bulletin board to see what's available, instead of being able to just pull that up via interface from anywhere that you are.

I'd like to be able to restart the tutorial mission as well, as once it is cancelled, there seems to be no way to back back through it. This is a problem for new players who hastily "ignored" it, and now I am trying to show them how to do things, and I can't simply advise them to "redo the tutorial".

Many other things come to mind, a "hotkey bar" would be nice, as the current weapon/skill/spell drop downs are really poorly designed in my opinion, and completely lack the ability to hotkey potions, scrolls, food, or mana gems.

A scale-able "Q" interface would be nice, but I think I have mentioned that before. When you have a bag with 200 different items in it, it becomes a chore to scroll down and find anything quickly. Even making an optional "list" interface would be great. Instead of showing a grid of "mud icons" a lift of item names that can be scrolled through would be far more compact.
Old 03-01-2015, 02:29 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
I really wish we had a real menu UI for GK, with a "quest journal", so that you could go back and "restart" on quests that you've already done, etc.

Also, so you could check the journal if you forgot what part you were on of a quest. Especially with the gizmo quests and item turn in quests. I hate that you have to check a bulletin board to see what's available, instead of being able to just pull that up via interface from anywhere that you are.

I'd like to be able to restart the tutorial mission as well, as once it is cancelled, there seems to be no way to back back through it. This is a problem for new players who hastily "ignored" it, and now I am trying to show them how to do things, and I can't simply advise them to "redo the tutorial".

Many other things come to mind, a "hotkey bar" would be nice, as the current weapon/skill/spell drop downs are really poorly designed in my opinion, and completely lack the ability to hotkey potions, scrolls, food, or mana gems.

A scale-able "Q" interface would be nice, but I think I have mentioned that before. When you have a bag with 200 different items in it, it becomes a chore to scroll down and find anything quickly. Even making an optional "list" interface would be great. Instead of showing a grid of "mud icons" a lift of item names that can be scrolled through would be far more compact.
Very good points. I agree with pretty much everything you said. Yeah having a access anywhere quest book instead of the mmt would probably speed it pup for people power questing tho. But the tutorials yeah or people who forget because they haven't played in a while. The hotkeys tho I mean I kinda like the way clicking the gui looks but the absence of those mentioned items you said thats been the only drawback Sizable would be pretty cool actually min dimensions.. maybe make it lockable so u don't accidentally mess it up too.
Old 03-01-2015, 04:31 AM
the Professional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
...would probably speed it pup for people power questing tho.
While I can see why you might think of this negatively, I don't think it will actually happen. Many new players are specifically not staying around because the quest system currently isn't even explained anywhere on the server. Most new players have to find out about "stat potions" from other players, and would be even more frustrated by having to constantly return to the MMT to check on quests status, because of their low movement speed, due to being under-geared.

"Power questing", isn't really a thing, I don't think. Most "older" players don't bother to leave trade room, unless it's for something like a "Lucky Altars" pop-up, much less "power" anything.

Not only would a "remote" quest journal make current quests more available to "younger" players, it would also add an easy interface for introducing NEW quests, without bloating an already ridiculously tiny bulletin board in the MMT.

Honestly, why are all these UI so small?

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_display.asp

Using anything less than 1366x768 and you should be ashamed of yourselves.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:38 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Quote:
While I can see why you might think of this negatively, I don't think it will actually happen. Many new players are specifically not staying around because the quest system currently isn't even explained anywhere on the server. Most new players have to find out about "stat potions" from other players, and would be even more frustrated by having to constantly return to the MMT to check on quests status, because of their low movement speed, due to being under-geared.

"Power questing", isn't really a thing, I don't think. Most "older" players don't bother to leave trade room, unless it's for something like a "Lucky Altars" pop-up, much less "power" anything.

Not only would a "remote" quest journal make current quests more available to "younger" players, it would also add an easy interface for introducing NEW quests, without bloating an already ridiculously tiny bulletin board in the MMT.

Honestly, why are all these UI so small?

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_display.asp

Using anything less than 1366x768 and you should be ashamed of yourselves.
that was when i attempted a GUI overhaul, 2 is just a test, can go even bigger

Old 03-02-2015, 12:01 AM
Banned
I like those gui's.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:30 AM
the Professional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post

>uitest.jpg
Those look good, but the HUD isn't what bothers me so much as the incredibly small pane used to display character stats, skill levels, resistances, and inventory contents, the "Q" pane, specifically. The poor design becomes more apparent the more items you have inside your main inventory, or inside of individual sacks.

Sometimes you have to click the "inventory up" or "down" button 30-40 times, to find the item you need in a sack because the inventory view isn't re-sizeable. Ideally, I would prefer LISTS, but it would be nice to have options to, some players would prefer the "mud icons" as current, but just with a more intuitive design.

I'm open to any suggestion that would make inventory management less annoying.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:06 PM
Da conq
Conqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to behold
Elk had an awesome Q-menu concept for GK awhile back. It looked like a giant book, with bookmark-styled tabs to go between things like gear, skills, inventory etc.

It was badass

And omg the giant warships.. So amazing.

Old 03-02-2015, 03:41 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
the sword looks like nothing on GK and the whole thing looks out of place imo

if objects are put as menu elements, they should be objects that fit in with the overall style of the rest of the game world. I'm not saying you'd need to drag a diamond force in there or set it on fire, but the game is one where people run around with flaming lightning ice crystal swords, daggers made of GHOST, and strips of bacon. putting a traditional european sword design as the central element on the interface is just poor consistency.

it's a nice looking gui but it looks like something that belongs anywhere else

also, md, you're a fantastic person

Quote:
-"Have players always on Kingdom Tag as default...". This isn't Era... Wearing a Kingdom tag should be that players preference. I don't think forcing the tag on the player will achieve us anything.
Perhaps "kingdoms" should actually be a central part of graal... kingdoms? the comparison to era is actually an apt one, gk has at one point, and should continue, to make kingdoms a dynamic priority, much like the gangs were on era (like hell if I know what it's like now). it shouldn't be a superfluous guild tag that you slap on to be trendy. it should /matter/. if you join a kingdom, you should represent it, and members should be held in markedly different ways from one another - CP should hold itself differently than zormite should hold itself differently than samurai. when I first played, being in a kingdom /meant something/. CP members weren't just guys with a tag, they were goddamn pirates. being in a kingdom was something special, and the fact that you want it handled just like any other silly guild tag is ludicrous and backwards.

Quote:
-"Make Kingdoms/unique guilds have recognizable AP colors". [...]. Although i feel manipulating AP colors is sooo graal1992.
Has any (pc) server ever done this except Era? with all the color matching armor on gk, setting up nicks to reflect that, especially with the no need for ap, would actually be a nice style choice that doesn't actually encroach on anything, so why not suggest it

Quote:
~Kingdoms~
We just need to do something with kingdoms.. With a server named Kingdoms, we don't involve the kingdoms that much.
wow that's really cool after your previous remark that implies devaluing the emphasis on kingdom activity, I sure hope your suggestions for "something" aren't generic canned guild activi-oh they are never mind lol

GK's biggest problem is that there's nothing there. there's nothing to do. quests are nonsense fetch quests for grinding to reach a ceiling, the only "goal" has been that stat/gear ceiling, and the solution to these problems has always just been "well let's raise that glass ceiling". 30/30/30 too feasible, okay how about 30/30/30 and dmg, okay how about 30/30/30 and dmg and resistances. once that gets hit, it'll be something else, 8 speed or carrying every type of mushroom or something dumb.

the special thing it had was kingdoms, inter-kingdom drama, and ship battles, all of which have been completely devalued for convenience - kingdoms are guilds, wars are regulated to events, and ships may as well not even exist because no one wants to leave trade, and when people do it's because they need to move gear from their homes so ships were "buffed" to be better for speedy, quick travel, ending the unique ship battle factor.

Last edited by kia345; 03-02-2015 at 04:27 PM.. Reason: you catch more flies with honey
Old 03-04-2015, 03:40 PM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Tashkin is a jewel in the roughTashkin is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Tashkin
Quote:
Sometimes you have to click the "inventory up" or "down" button 30-40 times, to find the item you need in a sack because the inventory view isn't re-sizeable. Ideally, I would prefer LISTS, but it would be nice to have options to, some players would prefer the "mud icons" as current, but just with a more intuitive design.
This would be possible to make on GK.

Also I like those GUIs I think it would be nice to have something different.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:19 PM
GK Manager
Sky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Sky
Would be cool if bags opened as a new window that could be resized... then take the divider out of the current q menu and make the actual inventory that much bigger?