Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2017, 08:16 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
Not only that but I meet scripters who want to pressure me to drastically change the server in ridiculous tangents that I disagree with.
Know exactly what you're talkin bout.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:58 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Know exactly what you're talkin bout.
To be fair, there have been a few people I hired like Stowen for example who immediately understood the concept of what needs done and got straight to work converting scripts and stuff, so not everyone does this. And there's Skyld who went right into scripting a new kingdoms system, added a new train and signs which show how long the train will take, helped me with the map script, made birds more efficient, etc.

I wish there were more old g2k1 scripters around that could find the time to help, but then again I can just hope all those people are still alive at this rate.

Last edited by Kamaeru; 07-16-2017 at 10:14 PM..
Old 07-17-2017, 11:01 AM
Minoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I wish there were more old g2k1 scripters around that could find the time to help, but then again I can just hope all those people are still alive at this rate.
I think most of the old g2k1 scripters prefer to be paid for their work these days instead of illegally working for free.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:28 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoc View Post
I think most of the old g2k1 scripters prefer to be paid for their work these days instead of illegally working for free.
Nothing illegal or immoral about pro-bono or volunteer projects, at least in America. I'm not sure what made you think that it was.

I do this for free for instance for multiple personal reasons. For one it gives me coding experience to go along with my other game dev skills, but also I do it because 2k1 is the best game that I have played.

When faced with the options of:

>be manager of personal favorite game project of all time

or

>not be manager of personal favorite game project of all time

I chose the former. If there were an option to just be a player of personal favorite game project, I would have chose that option instead.

I'm doing this because I'm tired of seeing amazing Graal projects turned into vaporware by *****ic playerworld administrators.

This server could have been something way beyond what you have seen on Graal, but a certain few people made sure that it would not happen by squatting on the project and not allowing anyone to work on it for an entire full decade. All of the progess I have made so far is nothing compared to the progress that was sabotaged by those people so that the project would not be able to eclipse iclassic.

For whatever reason, they decided to delete the backups of ALL the inside levels that were created for Konidias' project. Amazing.

Last edited by Kamaeru; 07-17-2017 at 08:40 PM..
Old 07-18-2017, 07:43 PM
Joe Cruddas (VIP)
gravator has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
For whatever reason, they decided to delete the backups of ALL the inside levels that were created for Konidias' project. Amazing.
Wow, words are not good enough to describe how disappointing that news is to me, that is one selfish decision someone made.