Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-19-2014, 05:02 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
Mate, do you need a link to habbo hotel?
Once I beat Corey in a series, I honestly got sick of the immense power I had over other players. I stopped PKing and soon followed Speedy Pizza being handed down to me. I've learnt a lot over the short time of owning it already, a lot more than I could comprehend when I was younger and managed to some-how get Ownership of several other businesses.

I don't think it will benefit at all for businesses to be NPC-Owned. Hell, my opinion might be a little biased because I own one but at the end of the day I have really seen the amount of players that still today work in businesses and strive to excel in them. I don't think whatever your goals are, are actually worth getting rid of that part of Era.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:27 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
What do you actually get from running a business on Era?

All you are doing is telling people to stock for NO money.What's the point?

I'm sure you get the same 'reward' if you were owning a gang. Instead of telling people to stock you're telling them to kill. I really see no benefit to owning a business on Era other than power/influence over other players.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:30 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
What do you actually get from running a business on Era?

All you are doing is telling people to stock for NO money.What's the point?

I'm sure you get the same 'reward' if you were owning a gang. Instead of telling people to stock you're telling them to kill. I really see no benefit to owning a business on Era other than power/influence over other players.
Some things on Era just shouldn't be changed and I think this is definitely one of them.

As I completely am against iEra having no trading system other than lame melees.

Taking certain aspects away from the game, one that isn't as accessable as the iPhone Appstore, is just going to hurt US, the PC players/community.

The reward is simple; You earn money each week, just right now it isn't a great reward because of the economy being boosted. All you need to do is the same thing you did to the economy; raise the payout, lower the work effort.

It's simple and would take a few variables in each script changed, probably a 30 minute job. (For all of the businesses to be updated)
Old 12-19-2014, 11:39 AM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
If I remember correctly, you bought the business with no competition and sold it the next day to Dunez I can't remember what he told me he paid in return but I remember he told me he bought it from you and wanted to try sell it to me, I rightfully declined.

Also; I don't consider myself rich with this new economy system and all I really care about is paying my customers more money for their hard work.

Right now; An employee in my business stocked for 4 hours, he managed to fully stock (1 item) on his own and got the other (3 items) to 1k stocks each.

All I am paying him is; $12,432, That's the problem I have.

If he was to have trash picked for just as long, I could see him walking away with $350,000 +

I literally at the end of each week only walk away with 25% of the profits when I could walk away with 75% and that's a choice I have made because I don't care about how much money I make, I care about how much money my business and employees make.

I want things to be raised in price slightly, I want things to be simpler, I want things to be faster and I want things to be worth their time, that's the only way that we can guarantee that businesses will continue to be bought out and they will actually get stocked without some amazing employee like I managed to hire.
Wrong i gave it to Skyler is what i am talking about when there was competition exactly why i paid so much??? I have owned DD twice. Both times i gave away for free. I didn't sell nothing....
Old 12-19-2014, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoper View Post
PT owner here hi.
Current Bank account sits at 782k plus change. This is after owning PT for months and also selling a good number of my old guns because what use have I for them?
I don't buy things that aren't minerals, so idk if I'd call myself rich. Certainly not broke, but probably not even in the top 20 richest anymore.

The profit margin for PT has not changed since the economy boost. I still make the same amount (30-60k/week before i do bonuses and w/e) of profit per week, in a game where 30-60k means so much less now. I assume the other businesses function much the same way -- prices of minerals were increased, so stocks created per mineral were also increased. Since prices were left alone, nothing really changed.

I don't care if anything is done about businesses, so pleeeeease maybe pick someone else's character to pick apart and harrass ok. I'd like to see more money coming in, but I would have liked to see that before the economy shifted, too. Don't really count myself as an objective opinion on this one.

We seem to be doing more in sales than before economy change, I wouldn't say there's a problem with business. I do fear that because bomb prices are so low and money is easy to obtain, people will stock up heavily on bombs and then not need them for a long time, leading to horrible profit on weeks in the future. But I suppose the net money earned is still the same at that point so mehhhhh.

At least at my business, each stock now stocks 3 of every item instead of 1 (and workers are paid for 3), so their money/work ratio was essentially tripled after economy change. IDK how that compares to other jobs like trash picking, but at least it's something
You're guaranteed an income on a weekly basis for doing nothing. (Yes, you hire here and there and do bits and bobs, but let's face it.. paid for nothing). Only a select few on era has that going for them so yes.. you're rich. Compare yourself to many other people..

Like Snk said, should be NPC ran and focus on other content.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:28 PM
~ETA on Delteria~
ToreG is on a distinguished road
Everybody's complaining about how businesses, or rather working for them, award nothing compared to trash picking. How about you just let the people that want to trash pick, trash pick, and the people that want to stock, stock?

I suppose another idea would be to make each individual stocking drop stock 2 or 3, rather than 1:1. Essentially, for sticking 100 donuts, you make $300, but with this change, you will make $600 or $900 respectively for the same amount of time. And with this change, you will not need to raise the price of donuts, and the stockers will get paid a decent amount more.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:58 PM
geneticfrog can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to geneticfrog Send a message via MSN to geneticfrog
trash picking is trash. (im so funny <.<)

its just dropping money on the map just pumping that economy with money without anyone actually creating any trash lol...
Old 12-19-2014, 03:13 PM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToreG View Post

I suppose another idea would be to make each individual stocking drop stock 2 or 3, rather than 1:1. Essentially, for sticking 100 donuts, you make $300, but with this change, you will make $600 or $900 respectively for the same amount of time.
I mentioned this before (nbd mate) but that's how it is now, at least for PT. Every one stock you do stocks 3 items (or 6 in the case where they were 2-stockers before), so they get paid 3x as much

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:07 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
i'd rather pick trash and not have to answer to somebody that thinks they're doing me a favor by stocking their shop. @Godzilla
Old 12-19-2014, 09:30 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
i'd rather pick trash and not have to answer to somebody that thinks they're doing me a favor by stocking their shop. @Godzilla
So trash pick? No one is forcing you to be in a business and what, are you going to stock them when they are NPC owned? Sounds like you have some serious issues if you can't be apart of a team without leading it.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:43 PM
Why would I stock them when they're NPC owned? The server would stock it.

It sounds like you just want to lead a team. Get a gang, not a business. Further more- buy a server and hire staff. Try running a server with 50~ if you're in to that type of thing
Old 12-19-2014, 10:01 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
The only time I participated in businesses is either when I owned it, or a close friend owned it.

My first experience was long ago on Era, when Blops and Sales owned SP. Our whole BB gang would go and stock for them when there wasn't a raid and they would supply us with all the food we needed to dominate raiding rather than paying us wages. It was truly a symbiotic relationship and probably the most fun I've gotten from working at a business.

Awhile later I worked for Ammo Mart when Danny owned it; and I was Co... I never did much it was just an excuse to boss people around. Same with GP when JEM owned it; I only did work because he said he was going to give me ownership.

When I bought PT (with a close friend) we didn't hire any employees and spent all our online time running the business. We made insane profit margins and it was basically just a way to abuse/buff mining (instead of our lead/iron being valued at $6; which balanced mining and always kept it from being OP with levels and whatnot, and we turned them into $15-40 shop items with a little extra effort).

I ended up getting threatened (by administration) that they would take the business away for not 'running it properly' and they forced me to sell it. Thus I never got involved in that side of Era again and wouldn't recommend it (Whenever you're on a Owner tag you get a million PMs to hire people... and then they do nothing; or people just expecting you to give them things).
----

From an Administration/Development standpoint now; I don't see the point. We don't exactly have enough resources to do the things we want done and trying to balance these businesses and appease a half dozen 'owners' who believe they are specially privileged is just insanity.

Thus I agree that we should just automate the businesses that are too far gone/outdated.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:32 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
Thus I agree that we should just automate the businesses that are too far gone/outdated.
too far gone/outdated? I don't see any business as that, I think a few lines in a few scripts need to be changed and that's it. I don't see how this hasn't been done yet when it's a simple 30 minute job from what I have been told.

1)Raise the price of items; a few numbers changed.

2)Remove a few variables from each business that make it harder to stock; deleting a few lines of script.

3)Raising the amount stocked per business for an actual stock; a few numbers changed.

I'm confused as to what is so difficult to manage?
Old 12-19-2014, 11:01 PM
Just do away with the business "buildings" and build a market close to unstick with all the food items you need and all the money gained form buyers goes into the lottery draw.

Ok thanks.
Old 12-20-2014, 12:06 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
Just do away with the business "buildings" and build a market close to unstick with all the food items you need and all the money gained form buyers goes into the lottery draw.

Ok thanks.
Lets just build this at unstick me and the faster you press 'A' the faster you swim.