Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-30-2017, 11:38 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
why would someone actively sabotage their own product

Now that Classic and UN are both actually dead, what "classic graal" style server does graal offer?

Last edited by kia345; 07-01-2017 at 12:31 AM..
Old 07-01-2017, 03:57 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post

now that classic and un are both actually dead, what "classic graal" style server does graal offer?
Old 07-01-2017, 04:41 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
what "classic graal" style server does graal offer where I am presently capable of being the fishgirl that I see myself as in my heart of hearts
Old 07-01-2017, 05:49 AM
Kiri will become famous soon enough
Quote:

Now that Classic and UN are both actually dead, what "classic graal" style server does graal offer?
everyone should be aware by now that unixmad's concern is a unique ios server that has the potential to bring in great sales, he doesn't care if the pc playerworld lacks a classic server or not. there is no point in having a classic style server if nobody is going to play it!

gta / un would never be chosen since their concept collides with iclassic.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:41 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
everyone should be aware by now that unixmad's concern is a unique ios server that has the potential to bring in great sales, he doesn't care if the pc playerworld lacks a classic server or not. there is no point in having a classic style server if nobody is going to play it!

gta / un would never be chosen since their concept collides with iclassic.
Your logic is completely euphemistic. Example:

Quote:
unique ios server
It's not unique, it's a clone of a server that already existed

Quote:
gta... their concept collides with iclassic.
This is not correct. I have no other way to put this for you other than bluntly. In order for a collision of one thing into another thing to occur, there must first be one thing in the location where the collision occurs. If one thing collides with another, it can be assumed that the thing colliding into the other thing came second.

Which one came first, and which one came second? I would like you to answer that simple question.

You're acting like iClassic existed before GTA. That's wrong. Trust me, I was there. iPhone didn't exist.
Old 07-01-2017, 08:27 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
what "classic graal" style server does graal offer where I am presently capable of being the fishgirl that I see myself as in my heart of hearts
prob the classic spar event on zodiac
Old 07-01-2017, 08:27 AM
obviously everyone knows that it's a reskin and that gta came first.

by unique i meant each server has it's own theme, the combat feels slightly different (excluding era & zone)

what matters is that iclassic hit ios before gta could which is why stephan didn't want GtA listed unless there is a major change to the tileset and gameplay.

Last edited by Kiri; 07-02-2017 at 03:19 AM..
Old 07-01-2017, 11:20 PM
Vegeta10001 is on a distinguished road
Old 07-02-2017, 02:55 AM
G2k1
Quote:
what i meant by unique is the different themes (classic / era / olwest tileset) zone is an exception, but it does cover the sci-fi theme.
Idk, maybe it's just me, but that sounds kinda dumb.
Old 07-02-2017, 03:24 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Quote:
obviously everyone knows that it's a reskin and that gta came first.
It's not even just a reskin, GTA was shaping up to be something entirely different that just happened to utilize the same levels for a town.

On one hand, I get Unix's issue, "it would be confusing to have two servers using the same content", but that wasn't actually an issue. They would present entirely different takes on the same product. It wouldn't confuse anyone and the two servers, if on the same platform, would be just as much competition for each other as any two classic servers would've been.

That's like saying Zone would confuse people because it used the same type of bodies as Graal Kingdoms. Or even more similar to GTA vs iClassic - I don't see Bomy Island and Kingdom's similarities causing one to get blacklisted.
Old 07-02-2017, 04:28 AM
Quote:
It's not even just a reskin, GTA was shaping up to be something entirely different that just happened to utilize the same levels for a town.
my reply was towards this sentence about the ios servers.
Quote:
It's not unique, it's a clone of a server that already existed.
you're talking about the old days when stefan was here, it was different back then. and people hardly remember or care about zone, bomy island and gk.
Old 07-02-2017, 04:49 AM
G2k1
Quote:
Or even more similar to GTA vs iClassic - I don't see Bomy Island and Kingdom's similarities causing one to get blacklisted.
Yeah exactly. I see people making the argument that we can't have multiple servers with the same theme, when the theme of Graal2001 (events + economy + hats) has been appropriated by almost every server. It's palpably bad logic to the point where it appears to be mental gymnastics.
Old 07-02-2017, 08:53 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
Yeah exactly. I see people making the argument that we can't have multiple servers with the same theme, when the theme of Graal2001 (events + economy + hats) has been appropriated by almost every server. It's palpably bad logic to the point where it appears to be mental gymnastics.
events + economy + hats arent really themes
Old 07-02-2017, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
Yeah exactly. I see people making the argument that we can't have multiple servers with the same theme, when the theme of Graal2001 (events + economy + hats)
crono stole my words
Old 07-02-2017, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiri View Post
crono stole my words
:|