Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old 03-26-2015, 10:56 PM
Reddy548 is on a distinguished road
I started era 2005? i dont remember , but it was in trial reset time. My acc were renandoido and all i did was getting a uzi and follow tim's sister all arround map pking, it was for about a month then i quit, comming back to zodiac at 2007 when observe mode were active , man i glitched so many bosses on zodiac even dropped a sword of the trees, but i got reseted for that!!
Came back to era arround 2010 when some BR friends at zodiac called me to try it, started to enjoy it when my friend gave me a bar and i got invited to a gang.
GANGs are the most important thing on this game and is what keep me arround.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:12 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
I did it to meet babes
Old 03-28-2015, 12:34 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
I did it to meet babes
The odds are so against you though. There's a chance this babe was actually a dude.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:59 PM
Ramsfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
I did it to meet babes
Old 03-31-2015, 03:01 PM
ilovegirlzz can only hope to improve
cuz 2nd best thing to zone.
Old 04-05-2015, 02:47 PM
TheLinkMan2002 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
How do you even manage to get banned on (what was at the time) beta runescape.
Back then it wasn't beta runescape, it was just a 2d game and not a 3d game. When 3d runescape came out it was called runescape 2 for a bit. And tbh, I think runescape 2 was already out in 06? I don't think i was still playing it when i was 16, so it had to have been.

I bet if i dug deep enough i could find me some old 2d runescape pictures.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:29 PM
Senator Amsel Zephlyn
Spikedude will become famous soon enough
I started playing because I was young and not a lot of cool MMOs even existed and I had irl friends who played. I thought it was a cool concept; back then it was SO simple - you'd pick flowers or mine, you had an ak, uzi, shotgun, handgun, eventually neorifle and metal storm, and then some core electronics guns came later. Then you'd try desperately to avoid getting PK'd long enough to afford the 1k you'd need for like the second or third best guns.

But a lot of things kept the atmosphere fun then. People were more laid back in general and took it as just a video game - probably BECAUSE it was less complicated. Back then it was just part of the game if you got scammed. And people found staff abuse funny and entertaining. It's so different these days - now people think their items have real life value because of the gralat shop, and so many people are USDing, and everyone just gets so worked up about everything that happens.

Honestly, the death of the unofficial forums sort of coincided with the death of that atmosphere. That was where everyone went to say the things that the forum moderators here just delete. The staff -> player relationship used to be a lot less...serious and professional.

My interest in dev sort of grew out of my interest in the community, but it ended up keeping me around. graalscript was the first language I tried to learn, and now I'm a business software developer irl, so it definitely had an impact. But culture and community dissolve with more players, so that's not really an "expandable" asset of Graal.

I agree gangs are the main focal point of Era, but there's no such thing as fixing gangs without fixing our identity crisis.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:45 AM
retired graal veteran
k_killar is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to k_killar
crying at how similiar some of u ***s graal stories are to mine
Old 04-09-2015, 02:59 AM
unknown
Logababy will become famous soon enough
When I was young and had my Runescape account hacked somehow (I swear it was one of my friends) I was lost and had to find a new MMORPG game. I googled and looked through lists of 100s of different games. Somehow I found Graal and gave it a go. Looking at all the servers, Era had the coolest emblem so I decided to click on that one. The exclusiveness of everything intrigued me to become apart of it. Even though I lost everything when I logged off and couldn't play for more than 4 hours due to observer mode, I just couldn't stop playing. My first aim was to get a gun so I followed this gang that was having a meeting in the hospital at the time (they were planning for their raid) and I begged this guy for hours until he finally gave me a shotgun. I was so happy because it seemed so hard to get things in this game, I had no idea how to buy off players and didn't want to afraid I was just going to ripped off.

Anyways, hopefully in 10 years there's a thread like this and everyone claims they're from iEra.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:20 PM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
A long time ago, I found Graal because I was doing research on Zelda ALTTP, as it was my favorite game of the series (and still is, stay strong ALTTP). Graal popped up, and I spent a good year and a half playing as a trial, just having goofy adventures on UN, Shaded Legend, and Maloria. Eventually I bought a p2p with my best friend irl at the time, and we played together for a good while. He got bored of the game and quit, but around that time I discovered CST/CGT and was hooked on being a black-market item dealer across multiple servers and games.

Era of course had a market for that kind of thing, so I was heavily vested into trading around things for perceived profit.
On Era specifically, I had a deal that went really south and I lost pretty much everything I had, so I got out of Graal and trading for a while. When I came back, I tried to actually play the game.

For me, the big sellers were the economy (I tried my best to dominate the housing market, at one time I had 11 before Alf said never again), the events, and the players themselves. PKing is ok, sparring is fun but I was never good at it

Nowadays I'm just here because I know everyone and I'd be lost without someone to yell at/be yelled to

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:30 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Damnit scoper!
Old 04-11-2015, 04:51 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
damn alf ruining everyone's fun
Old 04-12-2015, 04:11 AM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
scoper is a poor soul
Old 04-16-2015, 05:07 PM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikedude View Post

But a lot of things kept the atmosphere fun then. People were more laid back in general and took it as just a video game - probably BECAUSE it was less complicated. Back then it was just part of the game if you got scammed. And people found staff abuse funny and entertaining. It's so different these days - now people think their items have real life value because of the gralat shop, and so many people are USDing, and everyone just gets so worked up about everything that happens.

Honestly, the death of the unofficial forums sort of coincided with the death of that atmosphere. That was where everyone went to say the things that the forum moderators here just delete. The staff -> player relationship used to be a lot less...serious and professional.
real recognizes real
OG
Old 04-28-2015, 11:00 AM
Nightblade
Xavious7 is on a distinguished road
2003? 2004? Back when the basket system was in Era. Black Lotus anyone? I remember downing supers like candy with sewers and blowing everything up with 999 p4s and trip mines. I had the only Crizen Laser? on the server at the time, wasn't even out. Gas shelling entire gangs by myself. Was a lot of fun, Era has never really been the same since the reset they did with the silly stats and inventory system.

A trip down nostalgia lane for sure. I haven't played in over ten years.

Also, metal storm was just a generic weapon it cost about $1000? back then, and people rarely used it. lol.

Edit: I was also an FAQ admin during that first reset, but then they reset it like 2-3 times within that year and lost interest quickly afterwards.

Last edited by Xavious7; 04-28-2015 at 11:15 AM..