Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2011, 12:46 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillmaster19 View Post
Use chrome, I haven't had many problems with that besides losing focus.
I've tried it on IE, Chrome and Firefox, same result
Old 07-16-2011, 01:09 AM
the painkiller
iBreez has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Oh my god, I love the facebook version. Like 5 of my close friends joined and they gave me their honor pts
Old 07-16-2011, 01:25 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
I've just discovered that the app works on Chrome again once I've deleted all of my previous browsing data/temporary files for the time it was first loaded within.
It's working again on the 2nd attempted load so I'm not sure if that issue was a one-time thing or not.

I'd also like to say that it's interesting how many former players of the real Classic have came to me over the last few days, who didn't really know what to expect of it as they hadn't glimpsed the iPhone server but been curious due to its success, and have expressed their disappointment at how dis-similar to Classic it is.

I personally don't see the issue so much as one of similarity, more a matter of quality.
Ofcourse we've seen that Quest preview video, and it was my understanding that a new/remade intro was going to be implemented, unless this is a form of open-beta test (which I haven't noticed any evidence to suggest) it may have been beneficial to implement these alongside the Facebook server for the sake of an improved first impression.

Stefan has clearly put in an exceptional amount of effort on top of working on several simultaneous other projects to get this whole thing operational, and that can only be admired, but I do wish attempts would be made to "improve" Graal before attempts are made to "expand" it.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:50 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
unless this is a form of open-beta test (which I haven't noticed any evidence to suggest)
If you go to classiciframe.graalonline.com it says something about joining the 'Open Beta'.

Although, that might just be an easy excuse to put our low quality content.

Old 07-16-2011, 01:57 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by oo_jazz_oo View Post
If you go to classiciframe.graalonline.com it says something about joining the 'Open Beta'.

Although, that might just be an easy excuse to put our low quality content.
Yeah that's the first time I've noticed the term "open beta", bit strange as I haven't seen this link to the app officially publicised anywhere.
Also if this truly is an open beta it may have been better to test the base game first before allowing people to purchase VIP, which again the issues experienced may have been detrimental to first impression.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:17 AM
redsoxsrule424 is on a distinguished road
One other error I've noticed is that when on the FB server it often shows that my "Friends" are offline, when in reality they are online.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:50 AM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
i hate the background of it
umm the server is really extremely laggy
like omg laggy
Old 07-16-2011, 03:01 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
Yeah that's the first time I've noticed the term "open beta", bit strange as I haven't seen this link to the app officially publicised anywhere.
Also if this truly is an open beta it may have been better to test the base game first before allowing people to purchase VIP, which again the issues experienced may have been detrimental to first impression.
I just happened to stumble upon it, because I was looking for the origin of the flag object. :P
I wanted to see if it was hosted on one of Graal's websites.
And it led me there; so, no, it hasn't been publicized.

Old 07-16-2011, 05:08 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
We also plan to put a link to it from the graalonline homepage.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:10 AM
Banned
ThomV is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
We also plan to put a link to it from the graalonline homepage.
Will this be mentioned or advertised on the facebook application/page aswell? Seems like this could be a nice way of letting the new playerbase know that there's also a PC version out there.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:14 AM
knightfire35 is on a distinguished road
When I log in on my VIP account it only asks for my email, can anyone access a VIP account just by knowing the email? I think there should be a password system or something along those lines. Or does it save to your FB account?
Old 07-16-2011, 08:14 AM
Thug
Zero is on a distinguished road
What ever happened to the Android Version? Still waiting.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:40 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Update: when a notification is shown it's not hiding the chat field anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightfire35 View Post
When I log in on my VIP account it only asks for my email, can anyone access a VIP account just by knowing the email? I think there should be a password system or something along those lines. Or does it save to your FB account?
It's using the device/Facebook id as identification. We will eventually also add a way to disallow devices/Facebook ids later, can also be good for PC Graal.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:46 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Can you enable pasting into text boxes? Having to type out long-ass shield filenames (lol I originally typed codes..) when setting shields and stuff isn't fun.
ya please do
Old 07-16-2011, 06:49 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Can you enable pasting into text boxes? Having to type out long-ass shield filenames (lol I originally typed codes..) when setting shields and stuff isn't fun.
this

Also, can you make it so my full name doesn't show up as my nickname every time I log in :-/
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.