Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Delteria Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 05:16 PM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Insight

Delteria has a long history of player killing, sparing, events, and fun staff members. Yet, when they decided to make a new version of Delteria they completely stopped development of the old server, and they concentrated all of their skills on the new re-vamped server. They have put years of work into this project, they have had remarkable developers and personally the server looks great. Yet, by reading the Delterian forum frequently, I do not see this project being released into the general public. The overall server is great, but it seems that they lack development. Honestly, they have gone 3 years or so now with this new server and they really haven't given us one official update. So, directed towards the Delterian staff, what is happening. I realize you all have busy lives, but why don't you give us some insight on the current stage it is in. I believe all of the other servers in development have given a fair share of updates, yet I see none for this server. So, what is going on?
Old 09-28-2009, 05:34 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
What does:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
Delteria has a long history of player killing, sparing, events, and fun staff members.
have to do with anything? New Delteria can and probably will still contain these elements. Delteria was dying before 100percent focus was placed on New Delteria, the problem was that a lot of the oldbies had grown bored of Graal in general and left. Some still play servers like UN but but as with Babylon's population, the few that remain are spread out.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:49 PM
Ignorance has no future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
What does:

have to do with anything? New Delteria can and probably will still contain these elements. Delteria was dying before 100percent focus was placed on New Delteria, the problem was that a lot of the oldbies had grown bored of Graal in general and left. Some still play servers like UN but but as with Babylon's population, the few that remain are spread out.
I am really doubting that there will be a new Delteria, just based on the all of the facts that people have spoken about, and from what the staff told me.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:57 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
New Delteria seems to have progressed more than any UC server I have ever seen on Graal. Ever.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:59 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
As far as I know (and I have access) Delteria's development, like nearly every other server or anything related to this game ever, fluctuates a lot because the people that work on it do it as a hobby. Unless they start getting paychecks you will not see them work on it any other way, and that's the way it should be. Either help them or wait it out, but I think we'd all prefer the latter wit'chu.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:17 PM
Delteria Management
Riot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
As far as I know (and I have access) Delteria's development, like nearly every other server or anything related to this game ever, fluctuates a lot because the people that work on it do it as a hobby. Unless they start getting paychecks you will not see them work on it any other way, and that's the way it should be. Either help them or wait it out, but I think we'd all prefer the latter wit'chu.
This is actually very true. Delteria has always had spikes in development and then has times where little work gets done. Right now development is slowly starting to pick back up again.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:24 PM
Ignorance has no future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
This is actually very true. Delteria has always had spikes in development and then has times where little work gets done. Right now development is slowly starting to pick back up again.
That's good to hear then, but how come we never get an update, at least officially? I mean the only reason I knew how good the server was, was because I worked on it for a little bit.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:30 AM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
That's good to hear then, but how come we never get an update, at least officially? I mean the only reason I knew how good the server was, was because I worked on it for a little bit.
In the past we had a policy of secrecy that was mainly due to other servers having a habit of stealing from us. At some point we decided secrecy or not, stuff happens like that from time to time regardless. In any event, the past year or so the reason has mainly been one of pride.

Things aren't necessarily going to stay that way, however. I'd imagine after this wave of development we're currently undergoing there will be some sort of informative update, along with screenshots. A good amount of the stuff included will be stuff you haven't seen yet too Kratos (though the newer stuff will largely be economy-related). ;P

Never know, may see a thread pop up sooner on these forums... will probably be a hiring thread in that instance.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:11 PM
Classy!
KensuKusangi is on a distinguished road
Let us not forget that with summer winding up many people will look back to the indoors to pass the time. I know I will have a lot more free time, for one.