Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 08:27 PM
hunterhunk is on a distinguished road
Gang base/Gang pking suggestions

Well, I have really started to notice that a lot of times when a gang raids they will take a certain floor or room. I feel this is really pointless and I have a few suggestions to fix this.

1. Remove all elevators from gang bases. Yeah, I know it sounds really dumb, but if you go to Paragon Horizon's old base you will notice all the rooms linked together. This helps prevent laming because a lot of gangs use the elevator to bait a mass amount of players in and lame them all. I recommend having a 1 floor layout of a base with 5 different entrances to get inside. Also, giving each room 2-3 different ways to get inside the level.

2. Remove the small area inside the gang bases where the door is: this will help remove door laming and will get rid of the advantage of having a flak cannon or Bow. Gang base main level should have open space, and removing these small levels will help make pking more important than having the flak cannon or the bow.

These are just a few ideas for bases. In terms of gang PKing I think the following should be looked into.

1. Disable all explosives inside gang bases. Gang pking shouldn't be based around proxy mines, p4s, claymores, etc. I think by disabling explosives pking will be much better for the players.

2. Disables cookies, gas, supers, sewers, etc. in gang bases. These items are really raid killers, many people stop raiding when they see someone use a cookie or super. By removing this players will continue to raid. I've seen many players stop raiding because they saw someone use a cookie or a super.

3. Put hp doors inside gang bases. I know Sales brought this up earlier, but there needs to be some way to prevent players from running away to escape death. Although this might encourage door laming, there has to be some way to prevent players from running around the gmap to escape death.

These are just a few suggestions, let me know what you think.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:20 PM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
no
Old 05-31-2010, 11:35 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
someone got owned in a raid.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:37 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnervNATx View Post
someone got owned in a raid.
ya, and it wasn't you.
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 05-31-2010, 11:41 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deas_Voice View Post
ya, and it wasn't you.
hunk did
Old 06-01-2010, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
no
Why don't you elaborate a bit on this, because raiding shouldn't be based on camping 1 room for kills or planting mass amounts of explosives.

I feel that if you don't remove the elevator, at least add more entrances to get inside the main room or heal rooms of the base. That way door laming and camping aren't as prevalent.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:28 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
I agree with the elevator removal, that seems to be the lamest part of the base. It should only be there to link the sewer to the main level of the base. Any upper floors could be linked by stairs or something. The 3 entrance thing seems fine. No to the list of 'remove this'.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:26 AM
UnKnown Confusion
Vman13x can only hope to improve
LOL, disabling explosives is idiotic. Not only that but they make raids more fun.
Also for the gang hp door thing, you should have a right to run if you're outnumbered.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:40 AM
Developer
FantasyX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to FantasyX
I remember I tried adding different ways to getting to different floors in gang bases. For instance, I made it so you could go from the roof of BH to B1. I did it to BB, too...but they got deleted because they were glitchy and I never got around to fixing them.

You honestly can't do much to stop laming in the small areas where people enter. There's three entrances into a main room - which means you obviously need to distribute people in order to take the base when one, two, or even three of the entrances are being lamed.

Torque
Old 06-01-2010, 03:38 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Three entrances is enough.

And there isn't much you can do about explosives without making them almost completely useless.

It's possible to make it so that you can't place them near doors (the katana was made so that it couldn't slash within 6 tiles of doors once).

But the problem isn't that people put them near doors. The problem is that because Graal is a 2d level based game you can't see what is on the other side of doors. Making it somehow possible to detect or see explosives from the other side of the door is a much better solution than just making arbitrary restrictions.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:27 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Don't remove the elevators. It's fun putting sleeping gas and poision gas in there and just blocking the door and watching everyone die on both sides of a raid
Old 06-01-2010, 12:39 PM
elite_master is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterhunk View Post

1. Disable all explosives inside gang bases. Gang pking shouldn't be based around proxy mines, p4s, claymores, etc. I think by disabling explosives pking will be much better for the players.

2. Disables cookies, gas, supers, sewers, etc. in gang bases. These items are really raid killers, many people stop raiding when they see someone use a cookie or super. By removing this players will continue to raid. I've seen many players stop raiding because they saw someone use a cookie or a super.

Dude. Really? This defeats the purpose of playing Era man. Thats the fun stuff right there watching the whole gang come running in the right side getting rolled by P4's and Claymores. Cookies and supers are lame as hell, but thats still Era. It will probably balance out after the reset I assume. As for your other points about the door hp, elevator, and whatnot, I can agree. I think that if a gang base was a 2x2 minimap layout thatd be cool or just 1 main level. As for the small blocked off area, I sort of like it because you can kind of get a feel for the area by popping in there really quick. You can get easily lamed, yes, but still its sort of nice to have.

With your complaints, you should possibly elaborate on some ideas of your own so we can get a feel for where your comming from.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
I agree with the elevator removal, that seems to be the lamest part of the base. It should only be there to link the sewer to the main level of the base. Any upper floors could be linked by stairs or something. The 3 entrance thing seems fine. No to the list of 'remove this'.
This^
Exactly what I was thinking too write, thanks for writing it before me.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Balancing the game and making everything fair can be done without just removing everything that's fun in the game.

Also, I have to agree with James, the little rooms are a great way to pop in and see what's up. Yeah, you might get lamed, but that's a risk you're willing to take for a little bit of intel.

I agree with HP on doors, but instead of HP, how about they work like the elevator with a button you have to push to open them. Something that will delay your escape for about 5 seconds would be perfect so that people can't just immediately run out.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
Balancing the game and making everything fair can be done without just removing everything that's fun in the game.

Also, I have to agree with James, the little rooms are a great way to pop in and see what's up. Yeah, you might get lamed, but that's a risk you're willing to take for a little bit of intel.

I agree with HP on doors, but instead of HP, how about they work like the elevator with a button you have to push to open them. Something that will delay your escape for about 5 seconds would be perfect so that people can't just immediately run out.
I like the doors being used like an elevator, but I disagree with peeking in an elevator just to get lamed. Why should a bunch of people be able to sit in a small level to rack up kills because they can't fight in the main area of a base?

Also, removing the elevator and adding more links to levels lowers the probability of camping because it becomes harder to fend off enemies coming from different directions.

Also, a point that hasn't been touched on yet: Removing those small areas in the main levels so members of the gang cant run through there, and getting lamed by flak, bow, etc will cease.