Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Delteria Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-29-2005, 02:55 PM
Dark Nations Manager
refinoheat2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to refinoheat2 Send a message via MSN to refinoheat2
oic... but he is only active early in the morning... After awhile he always goes afk.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:08 PM
VERACITY CORRUPTION!!
MKxTortoise is an unknown quantity at this point
This is a great thread. This thread is so great that I may actually start giving it to my guild members to read as a form of punishment.

I've been asked by a few people to add to this thread so I'm going to. This is one of my few posts on these horrible forums and if you want my actual opinion, come get it where Darlene159 and the other winners can't take it: AIM.

First of all, Seltic, buddy, I don't know where you're getting these crazy ideas about you being Delteria's savior but you're not. If I recall correctly you're a GP. In fact I think you were the GP who got my position after I was forcibly fired by Houdiniman, Protagonist, Calani, and the other global admins. That said, at what point did you think you should start acting as Dev Admin? Furthermore, what the hell do you think you know about messing with playercount? No overworld will change anything. They messed with UNs overworld and they actually dropped in playercount. No classes will change anything. Using NPCWs is perceived as lame and only newbies do it. After the oldbies laugh at them enough they will leave.

Truthfully all that has happened to Delteria is the formation of a third generation gap. The difference is the second generation rode in with Veracity and forcefully joined the server. The third generation has no way of merging with the first or second. Given that, the only way to attract players is to have first and second generation Delterians return, or have talented players form a third generation wave which can actually contend with the current players. This is not impossible and actually started to happen when Kurse and Brett frequented the server, but broke down when Kurse left for college.

Where does the third generation form? The polite way of saying it - the way that wont get me banned from these forums - is that it formed after a series of catastrophies that were, more or less, not the fault of the management at all. Darsax was an entirely competent manager, and the fact that he felt he had to quit last night is unfortunate. Some of these catastrophies include:
*Azuretek deleting the Delteria forums
*On and off banning of Veracity
*Departure of MHX
*The three-week removal of Delteria from the classic tab

Altogether, those four problems account for a population loss of around 50. About half of that is due to the last two. However, what Zeromus and other MHX officials do not like to admit is that the departure of MHX was only successful due to Houdiniman's efforts at getting Delteria shut down. Consider the following posts from the comcenter:
Quote:
Go to Delteria.

You will recieve ONE warning to leave the server, and then you will be kicked out without any opportunity to be readmitted.

If you have already been warned once, I don't care if you get on a week later, you'll still be kicked immediately.

Go to Delteria, you get booted. End of story.

-Zeromus

The quickest way to get booted?, Posted by "hunternexus" at mhx.moonfruit.com
According to 4-year administrator Dysangelist, the removal of Delteria from the classic tab happened around the same time Zeromus made this announcement:
Quote:
XdysangeliumX: i think it was around november or december
XdysangeliumX: because it was around the same time the delt forums went down
XdysangeliumX: and i remember the delt forums going down a few weeks before my birthday
I'll readily admit that the Kiith-sa Hunter unit was about 1/3rd of the Delterian population. I'll also admit that Kiith-sa Hunter vs. Veracity constantly going on made Delteria a very attractive place to play. However, without "assistance" from the global admins, it is unlikely that MHX would've been able to leave without turnover and the creation of a spliner guild: this happened before on Babylon. Additionally, after Babylon was removed from the classic list, the server pretty much died. This is just history repeating itself.

No playercount loss is the fault of the developers or server management. In fact, management and staff members have always worked well to make Delteria a fun place to play. It is, instead, the fault of the global administration that Delteria continues to spiral downward in terms of playercount. In fact, last night, our server manager DarSax quit his position due to the following message left by Houdiniman, a PWA:
Quote:
# Darsax please contact as early as possible to discuss terms
# for Delteria keeping it's Classic status, or to set up a
# payment plan for private mode. -HoudiniMan
There is no reason to continually blame the great staff team Delteria possesses when the problem lies elsewhere.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:16 PM
Cookie Monster. :3
ChibiChibiLuc is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ChibiChibiLuc Send a message via MSN to ChibiChibiLuc
I think HoudiniMan should be banned from Delteria.
He obviously has a personal problem with the server, due to past events.
On top of that, he seems to 'stalk' me. Whenever I do something wrong or make a mistake, Houdini pops up out of nowhere to 'warn' me. If his 'warnings' mean't anything, I'd have been global'd atleast a dozen times by now.
He insults my scripting ability.

Boo. Down with HoudiniMan.

-Rolls out the carpet for Moonie.-
Old 06-29-2005, 10:24 PM
Dark Nations Manager
I would never be any good at a Dev Admin... I made this to just give updates, since many people were asking wtf happened to Delt, nothing new is comnig out of it. So that was the point of this thread. As you can see, it wen't downhill : /
Old 06-29-2005, 11:11 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Kurse joined the army. He's using his dancing Graal skills to dodge the bullets.

Houdini's problems with Delteria tend to go over to Charm. I don't know the whole story, but whenever I read any of the Houdini vs. Veracity/MHX Charm is usually mentioned.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:49 PM
Enigma
Andy0687 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKxTortoise
stuff
I agree with the problem lieing in Playerworld Administration, that has always been graals weakness, its poor staff team.

People are spending loads of money on this game, and really not getting much out of it, and the people who arent spending money at first, to keep the other players happy and spending money (maybe?) are getting screwed.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:03 AM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiChibiLuc
I think HoudiniMan should be banned from Delteria.
He obviously has a personal problem with the server, due to past events.
On top of that, he seems to 'stalk' me. Whenever I do something wrong or make a mistake, Houdini pops up out of nowhere to 'warn' me. If his 'warnings' mean't anything, I'd have been global'd atleast a dozen times by now.
If you have a problem with him and his actions you might as well just contact a Graal Admin. Posting your issues with him in a thread won't do anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiChibiLuc
He insults my scripting ability.
There's nothing wrong with criticism.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:45 AM
Dark Nations Manager
I don't think our globals are that bad. But I do think we need more of them. There isn't enough to do what needs to be done. We could use some ones that speak better English as well
Old 06-30-2005, 12:45 AM
bumbo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to bumbo Send a message via AIM to bumbo Send a message via MSN to bumbo
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKxTortoise
In fact, last night, our server manager DarSax quit his position due to the following message left by Houdiniman, a PWA:
Quote:
# Darsax please contact as early as possible to discuss terms
# for Delteria keeping it's Classic status, or to set up a
# payment plan for private mode. -HoudiniMan
You know, if you want to keep your server alive, I am more than certain Zeromus would be willing to take over as manager and we'd be willing to pay to keep 'er alive.

-Lord Bumbo Hunter, Blood Reaver of the Kiith-Sa
Old 06-30-2005, 12:49 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
As much as I hate tortoise he's right :/
Old 06-30-2005, 12:56 AM
iZone Administrator
Has Delteria tried making some sort of 'pact' with Zeromous?
Old 06-30-2005, 01:01 AM
Dark Nations Manager
Rofl no

I would gladly give them enough for 3 servers before that happened : )

I have no problems with most of the people in MHX, but Zeromus as Server Manager, rofl no.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:07 AM
iZone Administrator
Alot of Delterians have even agreed that losing MHX is one of the factors that Delteria's playercount has decreased.

Why not just work something out? x.x Is it really worth letting Delteria die when you can just work something out?
Old 06-30-2005, 01:17 AM
Dark Nations Manager
I would be happy to have MHX back... When Con got on for a few minutes the other day, I was talking to him. He is a cool guy. But I wouldn't want Zeromus as Manager... Plus, he doesn't even play graal anymore? But thier is no doubt MHX did hold a lot of Delts playercount, and a lot left a long with it.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:17 AM
VERACITY CORRUPTION!!
MKxTortoise is an unknown quantity at this point
This post is direct from DarSax. I was asked to post it for him.
Quote:
So I can see that you all obiviously have no idea what you're talking about as far as MHX coming back goes. About, I have no idea how long ago, say, 3 months? ago I was invited to I think N-Pulse to meet with MHX. Included was Con/Smooth, Zeromus himself (ohmy!) and I think Refino was there. After raving on for three minutes about dignity (I say raving for a reason, I have a screenshot which unfortunately I can't find immediately and am too lazy to look for, of Zeromus saying "our DIGNITY." But that's the besides the point. MHX was very nice, and very condescending, about how they were the only help for Delteria, and they truly wanted to come back. There was only one problem--compensation, or as I like to put it, appeasement. They want a high staff position, somewhere between the heads of the divisions and a Server Admin (now me, heh), to quote "make sure that nothing bad happens to the hunters." (not a direct quote of course, but for their idea). And, if I remember correctly, they also wanted Hunters hired for other staff positions, just to be hired.

I politely told them to go to hell. Everyone screams when a Veracity member is supposedly given a staff job "simply because he's in Veracity!" but this is all right.

Hell no. I won't sacrifice Delteria's dignity to get MHX back. And I sure as hell hope no one ever does.