Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-27-2011, 11:00 PM
Got Milk?
WarLord2004 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by oo_jazz_oo View Post
All PC servers need to remove observer mode...period....Graal cannot grow with this in place. You cant even test out the server enough before you decide if you want to shovel out 50 dollars for a subscription.

Zodiac and Era are on the right track...GK as well (I think?). Now all the other servers need to follow suite.
But you cant just stop there, there needs to be some incentive to subscribe. I know theres something on Zodiac, dunno bout the rest, I don't play those servers.

iPhone Graal actually did something right. The game was free. You could download, and play.
If you wanted to, you could pay a couple dollars to customize your outfit, get a home, w/e.
Then it just seems after that Stefan/Unixmad started to take advantage of the players and started slapping price tags on everything...which is why this thread was created in the first place...

Even that is not horrible...companies do that all the time. Allow something for free for a while, then put a price on it.
However, they usually do this after they tell customers, and put a reasonable price on it.
If Google began charging for the space you use in Gmail, i'm sure it would happen overnight, and it would be priced at 20$ per GB.

(Actually, if you used the rate iPhone graal is using [12(ish)kb shield upload is 1$] a single GB would be roughly 83,333$. What a steal!)

Note: They pay for customize outfits.

So out of the 1k files which are head/shield...ect that i found in my iphone graal folder. And i'm pretty sure there's tons more that my phone didn't sync with. Isn't enough for you guys to customize with?

Based on what i seen in these files most are from Zodiac/Era heads/shield..ect
Prob and maybe only 300 out of these files prob were made by iphone players.

And to make it even more weird i now notice that each head/body is re downloaded each time u enter the game. Which is kinda stupid maybe that's where the lags come from but i been testing graal while on Ssh.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:27 AM
Bubble13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarLord2004 View Post
And to make it even more weird i now notice that each head/body is re downloaded each time u enter the game. Which is kinda stupid maybe that's where the lags come from but i been testing graal while on Ssh.
I've noticed this too. It also seems to redownload every time the same head/body is added to another player. Whatever Stefan says, the lag will not be fixed no matter how many times they update the app or the server.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:39 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykel View Post
This isn't 1999. This isn't a fun little hobby to these guys anymore. It may be greedy, but they'd be dumb not to make more money.
ur dumb

who would ever want to be on the dark side?

get a grip. matter of fact, step out of your cave.

Last edited by Kamaeru; 06-05-2011 at 05:53 AM..
Old 06-05-2011, 08:29 AM
^ That's me!
LUKEEE is on a distinguished road
If iPhone players were a tad smarter they might realise that the current default heads and bodies they have on the server are fine, I havent changed my head in a year and a half.

I met someone the other day. He spent $400 so he could buy nearly every hat in the game. You don't need every hat, rare or not.

These guys need to watch out, cos at the end of the month, when their parents get their bill delivered, say bye bye Graal.

But yeah, I do believe the prices are a tad too high. I myself would like to upload my custom outfit (the one on my avatar) but I'm fine without it, wearing my current head77.png and shotzo-body.png.

Proud Graalian since 2009

GRAAL PC

CLASSIC IPHONE
Old 06-05-2011, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUKEEE View Post
If iPhone players were a tad smarter they might realise that the current default heads and bodies they have on the server are fine, I havent changed my head in a year and a half.

I met someone the other day. He spent $400 so he could buy nearly every hat in the game. You don't need every hat, rare or not.

These guys need to watch out, cos at the end of the month, when their parents get their bill delivered, say bye bye Graal.

But yeah, I do believe the prices are a tad too high. I myself would like to upload my custom outfit (the one on my avatar) but I'm fine without it, wearing my current head77.png and shotzo-body.png.
I've been thinking the same thing. The default heads are fine. People who spend tons of money have no life.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:49 PM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUKEEE View Post
No wonder the administration believes the current pricing scheme (and I do mean scheme) is fine. People like the person in your example (assuming it's true) are then treated as the rule and not the exception, which is indicative of a general lack of business knowledge.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloven View Post
No wonder the administration believes the current pricing scheme (and I do mean scheme) is fine. People like the person in your example (assuming it's true) are then treated as the rule and not the exception, which is indicative of a general lack of business knowledge.
With the amount of money needed to upload now, it probably is true.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:03 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
It should go without saying that the rewards which can be unlocked in a game should be unlocked by playing the game, and not by working in real life to get money so that you can trade for it.

Life's not a game like that! You can buy games but you shouldn't have to buy a game and then buy the graphics..

That's like paying extra money to your cable company to throw in more commercials..
Old 06-06-2011, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
It should go without saying that the rewards which can be unlocked in a game should be unlocked by playing the game, and not by working in real life to get money so that you can trade for it.

Life's not a game like that! You can buy games but you shouldn't have to buy a game and then buy the graphics..

That's like paying extra money to your cable company to throw in more commercials..
People have been saying this for a while. I agree but it won't stop.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Tell that to the other games who make a profit off cash shops.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 06-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Not the fruit.
Kiwi27 will become famous soon enough
Classic iPhone isn't just about customization, guys. You don't need the '+' version to have fun. I had the time of my gaming life just in a guild (MattKan was in it too), and I hadn't spent a cent on the game. In fact, the game started getting boring for me when I actually got the '+' version. The game became about being awesome, instead of running round with a guild.

After I got it, I'll admit it, I did want to be in lots of 'Admin Guilds'. I was better off without it.

-----

I know someone on Classic iPhone who has played since the start of 2010, has never spent a cent on it, doesn't have '+', and gets everything by farming. He loves it.

Compare that to one of the people in Graal City. They've played for a month, but just sit there all the time to get hours. They have 2567 hours. They have the latest head, body, everything. They call everyone they see 'Noobs'. They think they're better than everyone else. They have a guild. The news says:

"ELITE ELITE PEOPLE - NOW RECRUITING. U MUST HAVE 50000 KILLS, AND 2000+ HOURS TO JOIN. NO NOOBS. WE WILL MAKE MUSIC VIDEOS AND TAKE TOWERS."

They don't even meet the requirements for they're own guilds. No one really likes them. They've spent $200 on customization for a mere game. They are depressing people.

I realize I probably exaggerated quite a bit there, and it probably didn't make much sense, but my point is: You don't need a brand new cluster of pixels to have fun.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:01 PM
You haven't exaggerated. I've noticed this too and it's really annoying. That and the fact that the server rarely gets any real updates makes me wonder why I still play.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:30 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi27 View Post
Compare that to one of the people in Graal City. They've played for a month, but just sit there all the time to get hours. They have 2567 hours. They have the latest head, body, everything. They call everyone they see 'Noobs'. They think they're better than everyone else. They have a guild. The news says:

"ELITE ELITE PEOPLE - NOW RECRUITING. U MUST HAVE 50000 KILLS, AND 2000+ HOURS TO JOIN. NO NOOBS. WE WILL MAKE MUSIC VIDEOS AND TAKE TOWERS."

They don't even meet the requirements for they're own guilds. No one really likes them. They've spent $200 on customization for a mere game. They are depressing people.

I realize I probably exaggerated quite a bit there, and it probably didn't make much sense, but my point is: You don't need a brand new cluster of pixels to have fun.
Sounds like pc era imo -_-

random dude:"you dont have a decent gun, your such a noob!"
me:"i just started playing..."
random dude:"NOOB!"

-exit scene- tricxta:run off crying

It's genius.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:59 PM
UN Manager
SwimChao is just really niceSwimChao is just really nice
Quote:

Do I think personally that the pricing system for all of Graal's assets need to be reworked? Yes.

Do I think that what they're doing is entirely wrong like people are saying? No. They're a business and need to make their money respectively. If they can't find a middle ground that their clientele and bank account are both happy with, they'll lose their profit.

Personally unless the company sees their profit going down or ultimately starts losing money, I don't think we can expect to see prices change anytime soon.