Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Zodiac Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 01:29 AM
JupiterJump is on a distinguished road
Trials

So, I just read news and it said that trials get the normal amount of money gold players do from fishing. Trials have so many limits now, that it's practically pointless buying gold if you play Zodiac. They may not be able to unlock some class's but they still have some of the best. I know its to increases the player count and all but it's more of a joke..If your trying to get more players then create more things to do. When trials almost outnumber gold members, it's stupid.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:34 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterJump View Post
So, I just read news and it said that trials get the normal amount of money gold players do from fishing. Trials have so many limits now, that it's practically pointless buying gold if you play Zodiac. They may not be able to unlock some class's but they still have some of the best. I know its to increases the player count and all but it's more of a joke..If your trying to get more players then create more things to do. When trials almost outnumber gold members, it's stupid.
You'll probably find that trials have always outnumbered gold members.

Having said that. What happens if you stop paying for your gold account and you already have one of the restricted classes? Will you no longer be able to use that character? Might be something worth trying.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
You'll probably find that trials have always outnumbered gold members.

Having said that. What happens if you stop paying for your gold account and you already have one of the restricted classes? Will you no longer be able to use that character? Might be something worth trying.

Nah, trials haven't always but on Zodiac trials basically have gold.

That too, all the class's you actually have to unlock should be remove from that players account after they go trial.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:56 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterJump View Post
Nah, trials haven't always but on Zodiac trials basically have gold.

That too, all the class's you actually have to unlock should be remove from that players account after they go trial.
No. Nope. That's not what I was getting at.

What I was hinting at is: If you don't think there is much difference between gold and trial, then why are you still paying? If you can pay once, get all the classes that trials can't normally get, and then stop paying, what is stopping you?

I'd much rather more features be added for paying customers than removing features from trials, wouldn't you?
Old 08-12-2010, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
No. Nope. That's not what I was getting at.

What I was hinting at is: If you don't think there is much difference between gold and trial, then why are you still paying? If you can pay once, get all the classes that trials can't normally get, and then stop paying, what is stopping you?

I'd much rather more features be added for paying customers than removing features from trials, wouldn't you?
That's an idea, I have classic though.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:01 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
You're posting like this was a major selling point for gold subscription.

This was one of those things I implemented a while back to deter botters from using trial accounts, and we've since dealt with that problem so I removed it.

If I wanted to be harder on trials, I would be but I don't think it's fair at all to force people to pay for Graal (in order to have a chance at fun), when a majority of us who have Classic accounts sure as hell haven't for many years now.

Numbers..

PHP Code:
Server statistics for Zodiac (playerworld62) :
Client accessDesktop Graal
Subscription
-StatusGold or Classic
Version
Graal 5.1-5.2
Players
Classic players
Trial players
Trial players on guest account
Players on RC
(DarkIceXDarkSeerfowlplay4CronoCyanideSR71Sinkler)
NPC-Servers
Old 08-12-2010, 02:09 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
This has more of a problem with gold being way more expensive than it's worth than Zodiac making gold worth the expense.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:30 PM
(LAT)
Enchanted Wolf XxX is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Enchanted Wolf XxX Send a message via MSN to Enchanted Wolf XxX Send a message via Yahoo to Enchanted Wolf XxX
I like having Trials playing.

For the longest time there, Graal had so many oldbies/elites playing, had no newbs/trials to make the server balanced.

Take old Delteria for instance, you had your abusive staff team, and the best guilds like RR, Veracity, eBil. Then you had the warring guilds like MHX, TNR and Graal Army. Then you had your fun guilds like w00ters and meep. This was back in like 2003.

Current day UN, has like nothing but sparrers/pkers and staff. Barely anyone else.

With current day Zodiac allowing Trials to have fun, you have guilds such as Goblin Horde popping up, a wide-spread of Event players, and bait for PKers. Also people constantly leveling up, which is healthy for the server. Not very many developers, which is strange, and half of the ET's are inactive, and most of the current, needs coaching.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:51 PM
i can haz gold plz
Dumdumdidi will become famous soon enough
Trials make everything less competitive, and sets Graal apart from other mmorpgs. i think zodiac made a good bold move.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:09 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
The thing about trials and the new players coming on in general that I really like is that they're more appreciative of the work you do for the server.

It's a really big difference going from a server full of ungrateful oldbies and classic accounts who believe you owe them something, to a server who let you know they appreciate the work you do for them even if it's only the occasional 'Thanks' pm.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:32 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
problem?
Old 08-16-2010, 11:16 PM
Kanto League Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
The thing about trials and the new players coming on in general that I really like is that they're more appreciative of the work you do for the server.

It's a really big difference going from a server full of ungrateful oldbies and classic accounts who believe you owe them something, to a server who let you know they appreciate the work you do for them even if it's only the occasional 'Thanks' pm.
Yep. And I bet it makes a big difference to your motivation to keep working