Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-04-2014, 02:03 AM
alskdjfhg
alskdjfhg is on a distinguished road
Bring us together

Facebook and Client must be as one!

Last edited by alskdjfhg; 07-04-2014 at 05:02 PM..
Old 07-04-2014, 02:22 AM
Pizza Wizard
PhantosP2P will become famous soon enough
Grant us the same level of access to our PC/Mac clients, with the added population as Facebook, and I'd be super happy.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:55 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
I enjoy logging on Client more than via Facebook, so I somewhat approve

Old 07-04-2014, 05:47 AM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
it would be nice to have a facebook serverlist of sorts but it wont happen due to not every server being compatible with facebook script-wise, and not wanting servers which are similar to those already on facebook (regardless of how much better the content may be)

once enough active gold subscriptions expire during the temporary removal of pay to play (and yes it is temporary, the concept of trials still exists on graals website and database, the trial restrictions are still coded into the new mac client, just the login server passes a parameter to force gold when logged into a server), i would not be surprised to see existing mobile/facebook servers become accessible on pc client and possibly some/all pc-exclusive servers have the plug pulled on them
Old 07-04-2014, 06:35 AM
Pizza Wizard
It is an interesting theory, one which I have only seen you support, Jack. I am not sure it's that dreary but I suppose we had a good run while it lasted?

In any event, Delt. shares population between client and FB so I don't see why other servers couldn't follow if they got the code in place.

I have more faith in Stefan than some unknown date in the future where we will be shut down without warning. Maybe given an ultimatum to get FB capable or get gone, but not something out of the blue.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:35 AM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantosP2P View Post
It is an interesting theory, one which I have only seen you support, Jack. I am not sure it's that dreary but I suppose we had a good run while it lasted?

In any event, Delt. shares population between client and FB so I don't see why other servers couldn't follow if they got the code in place.

I have more faith in Stefan than some unknown date in the future where we will be shut down without warning. Maybe given an ultimatum to get FB capable or get gone, but not something out of the blue.
hello!

i wish i could be faithful just as much as you are, but based on things that have been said and done over several years prior to your return, as well as things unixmad has said in an email which he warned was "strictly confidential", it honestly seems more plausible than graal making the biggest update in nearly 14 years only to not actually announce it (or make any other important announcements since spring 2011). this would also be history repeating itself given what happened with eurocenters former project of fairyland europe

if anything delteria receiving facebook access can be seen as a consolation prize for not yet receiving its requests of mobile access, but i admittedly have nothing to back up that cynical supposition
Old 07-04-2014, 10:53 AM
Elite Member
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakov_the_Jakovasaur View Post
hello!

i wish i could be faithful just as much as you are, but based on things that have been said and done over several years prior to your return, as well as things unixmad has said in an email which he warned was "strictly confidential", it honestly seems more plausible than graal making the biggest update in nearly 14 years only to not actually announce it (or make any other important announcements since spring 2011). this would also be history repeating itself given what happened with eurocenters former project of fairyland europe

if anything delteria receiving facebook access can be seen as a consolation prize for not yet receiving its requests of mobile access, but i admittedly have nothing to back up that cynical supposition
I personally don't feel Delteria is content-ready for iOS at the moment anyway.

The facebook issues sort of hit us hard, and opening up to PC Client enabled us to actively test the difference in play-ability on a larger scale and debug accordingly rather than just drop the ball with a potentially 500-3000+ playerbase.

Alternatively, we have not really received any word on the plausibility of account transfers (or even linking) between Delteria iOS and Delteria FB / PC.

That is an issues that would need to be addressed way before PC and FB/iOS/Android were ever Linked.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:30 PM
Pizza Wizard
I love the concept of being cross-platform, but I can honestly live without the possibility of any servers being iOS/Mobile because... it's just not very fun, in my opinion. Valikorlia is basically a glorified chatroom, and mobile chat has never been very compelling for the Graal product so it's the very lowest of our concern. How people spar or PK with those controls, I'll never know. Facebook, though, that would be something. The advertising along would net us a few hundred players, and that is all we really want before we can look at making them more money.

I really don't appreciate the very, very unprofessional manner in which Eurocenter/Cyberwhoever runs their business and treats their 15+ year veteran customers and developers, Jack. I really do not like it. It's kept me up at night. But I also doubt they would go through so much effort (a lack of effort on their end is the big problem here) just to pull a fast one on the remaining customers and developers on the PC/Mac client. It wouldn't surprise me, true, but it also would require them to keep a lot of secrets from people. I think they are more apathetic than evil.

We're here still because we have fond memories and the business model is (somewhat) working for us. If they decide to take it from us, I suppose it can be no worse than what they have already been doing for years now.

But I dream of better days.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:19 PM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
I honestly feel Facebook was a failed idea. When I was staff on IZone hardly anybody logs in from Facebook and I feel delteria doesn't get a lot of players logging in from face book either. I would like to see all mobile servers and pc as one. But this would have to replace era pc with mobile era and add classic to the server list. Hint maybe this can be a VIP or Gold to access iphone servers lol another way to make a quick buck.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:29 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave_J View Post
I honestly feel Facebook was a failed idea. When I was staff on IZone hardly anybody logs in from Facebook and I feel delteria doesn't get a lot of players logging in from face book either
Players that are using Facebook:
83 on Zone
370 on Era

Not sure about Delteria, but I'm pretty sure most of them are from Facebook and not the actual PC client. As for Classic, I'd bet its about the same amount as Era
Old 07-06-2014, 02:01 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
I tried logging in from Facebook, it was kind of horrible, images were slow to load, and it just felt uncomfortable playing from there, more just a bad port from mobile device than the PC client.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:26 AM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
It's just stupid how caching filesgot removed, especially since the FB client needs to download all those custom costumes over and over