Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
ProjectsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 08-19-2017, 08:28 PM
Urahara112 Urahara112 is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 54
Urahara112 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
I'm not intellectually charitable enough to continue this retarded debate. I was debating you guys because of the shred of credibility I have for you, but if this continues onward in this irrational fashion I would lose all respect for your intelligence, which I don't wish for that to happen.
I think you need to grab your blanky and bottle of milk and take a nap.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-19-2017, 08:41 PM
Crow Crow is offline
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 5,140
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
I'm not intellectually charitable enough to continue this retarded debate. I was debating you guys because of the shred of credibility I have for you, but if this continues onward in this irrational fashion I would lose all respect for your intelligence, which I don't wish for that to happen.
Are you honestly not seeing how Nintendo's usage of a resistive touchscreen on the Nintendo DS (next to eight buttons and a d-pad) had essentially nothing to do with Apple's push towards a phone design using only a capacitive touchscreen and one button? Am I overlooking all the phones featuring resistive touchscreens with pens or something?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-19-2017, 09:17 PM
maximus_asinus maximus_asinus is offline
RIP DarkCloud_PK
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,694
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
You guys are forgetting about the OG handheld with touch screen, the game.com released by Tiger Electronics in 1997. It heavily influenced the design of the DS with it's multi button input, touch screen with stylus support, two cartridge slots, and online functionality.
__________________
Save Classic!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-20-2017, 03:18 AM
Kamaeru Kamaeru is offline
Sandinista!
Kamaeru's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,001
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
You guys are forgetting about the OG handheld with touch screen, the game.com released by Tiger Electronics in 1997. It heavily influenced the design of the DS with it's multi button input, touch screen with stylus support, two cartridge slots, and online functionality.
I actually played Duke Nukem on game.com back when it came out in the 90's.
__________________
3DS friendcode: 1118-0226-7975
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-20-2017, 03:19 AM
Kamaeru Kamaeru is offline
Sandinista!
Kamaeru's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,001
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urahara112 View Post
I think you need to grab your blanky and bottle of milk and take a nap.
Once again I believe you're referring to the iPod Touch.
__________________
3DS friendcode: 1118-0226-7975
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-22-2017, 05:52 AM
ZanderX ZanderX is offline
what up
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 18,615
ZanderX is just really niceZanderX is just really niceZanderX is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
nintendo does officially get credit for this disruption in tech. it's not about who invents it, or who does it first. it's about who popularizes an innovative product using it.
you are the only human being on this entire planet post-2007 that actually believes this, my dude. i give you a lot of credit for carrying the Nintendo Torch (someone has to) and i think a lot of the people in this thread give you an unnecessary amount of crap for it and also don't give Nintendo enough credit on a lot of stuff, but there is not a single tech historian on the face of planet earth who will tell you that the DS disrupted technology more than the iPhone.

don't be goofy
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-22-2017, 06:05 AM
Kamaeru Kamaeru is offline
Sandinista!
Kamaeru's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,001
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanderX View Post
there is not a single tech historian on the face of planet earth who will tell you that the DS disrupted technology more than the iPhone.
phew, good thing that's not at all remotely like the thing that i said

i clearly stated that the DS did it first and is responsible for being the first successful entertainment device with a touch screen leading to it becoming mainstream tech

it's obviously true

i can even go further with this. did you know that smartphones currently use ARM processors? the history of ARM processors goes all the way back to the Game Boy and the Super FX chips used in games such as Star Fox on SNES which were co-developed and funded by Nintendo with a company called Argonaut.

Current iPhones use the Apple A9 64-bit 1.85 GHz ARMv8-A dual-core CPU called Twister. This means the current iphone tech is literally using a beefed up version of the hardware used in Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, and DS that was originally pioneered by Nintendo.

smartphones are literally just a phone using nintendo game boy tech. prove me wrong. pro-tip: you can't
__________________
3DS friendcode: 1118-0226-7975
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-22-2017, 01:59 PM
kia345 kia345 is offline
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: delteria
Posts: 6,736
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
i clearly stated that the DS did it first and is responsible for being the first successful entertainment device with a touch screen leading to it becoming mainstream tech
But they weren't, touch devices were already commonplace. Nintendo is just the first who successfully made one that said Nintendo on it. These things still existed and were still capable of simple games, and Nintendo just did a better version of that, and then other people did better versions of that, and then other people did better versions of that. If Nintendo wasn't the first, and it wasn't the best, and it wasn't the last, why arbitrarily create a finish line for them? "They're the first that did it for entertainment that got famous enough for me to decide it's one that matters".

Nintendo consoles, especially handhelds, don't sell great because they're revolutionary pieces of hardware anymore than GI Joes didn't sell in the 80s because they were revolutionary toys. They sold because they were targeted at kids and were affordable toys. That is why the DS and the Wii made money. Not because they were "ground breaking", because they weren't. The ground that the DS "broke" had already long since broken, even in the mainstream, even in terms of games (albeit simple ones), and the ground that the Wii broke was immediately filled back in because they were digging in the wrong place.

Quote:
i can even go further with this. did you know that smartphones currently use ARM processors? the history of ARM processors goes all the way back to the Game Boy and the Super FX chips used in games such as Star Fox on SNES which were co-developed and funded by Nintendo with a company called Argonaut.
Nintendo is truly revolutionary in ****ing over Argonaut. The company that created the backbone that would serve Nintendo's second wind of games like Ocarina and Mario 64, tossed aside and given no recognition while Nintendo fanboys line up to celebrate.
__________________
pojo
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-22-2017, 03:19 PM
Ryyan Ryyan is offline
Is Graal dead yet?
Ryyan's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 37
Ryyan is on a distinguished road
I'm here for the roll call, I check in once in a while to see what's new overall. I'm usually on GK (as little as I am on), so if you see me online give me a shout.

Sorry for infringing on your Nintendo debate. Please continue since the Argonaut thing is news to me, and I find it quite interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-22-2017, 06:14 PM
ZanderX ZanderX is offline
what up
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 18,615
ZanderX is just really niceZanderX is just really niceZanderX is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
phew, good thing that's not at all remotely like the thing that i said
if you say so dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru
i clearly stated that the DS did it first and is responsible for being the first successful entertainment device with a touch screen leading to it becoming mainstream tech

it's obviously true
once again, the lynchpin of your argument here is the implication that if the DS hadn't been successful then Apple would have never used a capacitive glass touch display in the iPhone. which again i and the vast majority of everyone ever would disagree with, but you do, and you are entitled to your opinion just as i am to mine and i guess.

[quote=Kamaerui can even go further with this. did you know that smartphones currently use ARM processors? the history of ARM processors goes all the way back to the Game Boy and the Super FX chips used in games such as Star Fox on SNES which were co-developed and funded by Nintendo with a company called Argonaut.

Current iPhones use the Apple A9 64-bit 1.85 GHz ARMv8-A dual-core CPU called Twister. This means the current iphone tech is literally using a beefed up version of the hardware used in Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, and DS that was originally pioneered by Nintendo.

smartphones are literally just a phone using nintendo game boy tech. prove me wrong. pro-tip: you can't[/QUOTE]

because the gameboy had accelerometers, gyroscopes, cellular radios and wifi, a built in GPU, fingerprint scanners, capacitive touchscreen, cameras, force feedback...

this is some hilariously bad faith arguing though, and so incredibly condescending. did you go to wikipedia to look up the full spec sheet on the A9?

"smartphones are literally just a phone using nintendo game boy tech" is the sort of argument people make on the playground in middle school or on gamefaqs, my man. support your argument by more than just citing a processor.

just to prove to you how absurd sounding your suggestion is: because the Wii used a PowerPC-based processor, it's Literally just a console using Apple/IBM/Motorola tech


god, this is tiring. you are tiring.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 08-22-2017, 06:14 PM
ZanderX ZanderX is offline
what up
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 18,615
ZanderX is just really niceZanderX is just really niceZanderX is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
phew, good thing that's not at all remotely like the thing that i said
if you say so dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru
i clearly stated that the DS did it first and is responsible for being the first successful entertainment device with a touch screen leading to it becoming mainstream tech

it's obviously true
once again, the lynchpin of your argument here is the implication that if the DS hadn't been successful then Apple would have never used a capacitive glass touch display in the iPhone. which again i and the vast majority of everyone ever would disagree with, but you do, and you are entitled to your opinion just as i am to mine and i guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru
i can even go further with this. did you know that smartphones currently use ARM processors? the history of ARM processors goes all the way back to the Game Boy and the Super FX chips used in games such as Star Fox on SNES which were co-developed and funded by Nintendo with a company called Argonaut.

Current iPhones use the Apple A9 64-bit 1.85 GHz ARMv8-A dual-core CPU called Twister. This means the current iphone tech is literally using a beefed up version of the hardware used in Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, and DS that was originally pioneered by Nintendo.

smartphones are literally just a phone using nintendo game boy tech. prove me wrong. pro-tip: you can't
because the gameboy had accelerometers, gyroscopes, cellular radios and wifi, a built in GPU, fingerprint scanners, capacitive touchscreen, cameras, force feedback...

this is some hilariously bad faith arguing though, and so incredibly condescending. did you go to wikipedia to look up the full spec sheet on the A9?

"smartphones are literally just a phone using nintendo game boy tech" is the sort of argument people make on the playground in middle school or on gamefaqs, my man. support your argument by more than just citing a processor.

just to prove to you how absurd sounding your suggestion is: because the Wii used a PowerPC-based processor, it's Literally just a console using Apple/IBM/Motorola tech


god, this is tiring. you are tiring.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old Yesterday, 10:43 PM
Kamaeru Kamaeru is offline
Sandinista!
Kamaeru's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,001
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanderX View Post
once again, the lynchpin of your argument here is the implication that if the DS hadn't been successful then Apple would have never used a capacitive glass touch display in the iPhone.
I literally have not said this. All I said is that the DS is what made it mainstream.

Quote:
accelerometers, gyroscopes, wifi, a built in GPU, touchscreen, cameras <-- Nintendo in a nutshell
Nintendo popularized the use of accelerometers and gyroscopes in consumer products. DS was the first mainstream game system to use Wi-Fi (PS3 and Xbox 360 both did not originally ship with wi-fi although Wii did). Game Boy literally, and I mean literally coined the meme of a selfie with the Game Boy Camera. You can cry about that all you want but it's a fact, I had Game Boy Camera as a kid. Apple copies the concepts which were developed in-house by Nintendo in their camera app to this day with filters and stickers that can be added to photos. Nintendo did that first.

Everything you have listed there is a freudian slip revealing your true intentions to talk about stuff without doing any research hoping nobody will notice.

Quote:
cellular radios, fingerprint scanners, force feedback
Force feedback was pioneered in video games by Nintendo clearly. Cellular radios? Seriously I don't even know what you're referring to here but obviously it has nothing to do with video games, like fingerprint scanners.

Quote:
because the Wii used a PowerPC-based processor, it's Literally just a console using Apple/IBM/Motorola tech
What's wrong with that? It's true. Nintendo SNES used a Sony sound chip, you don't see me upset about that. It was awesome sound. But when I point out that Sony copies basically all of their stuff from Nintendo and continues to make that their core strategy to this day, you go into a tirade about how terrible Nintendo is.
__________________
3DS friendcode: 1118-0226-7975
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old Today, 07:44 AM
Crow Crow is offline
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 5,140
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure if troll or just crazy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.