Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-06-2016, 05:55 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
If your main goal is to release GtA as an individual entity I'd consider reading the above posts again and just think how realistic it is. My opinion is that Graal won't ever see it as a separate server to Classic. I have based my opinion on the above posts and the several (not so much) differences above.

Sorry if you see it differently.

By all means, if you enjoy it keep doing it. I wouldn't stop doing something I enjoy- hence why I'm still here 20 years later.
Old 08-06-2016, 06:15 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
What about the fact that we already reached an agreement? Do you think it's honourable to arbitrarily withdraw the agreement and stop communicating? They could have at least apologised no?

Especially when you consider that we put in hundreds of hours work preparing the server with new content and systems for the launch, do you not find it despicable that no-one had the decency to feedback to me? I've had to literally go on witchhunts to find out what I have. Not that it's all about me, last year we had 10 - 25 players playing events around the clock despite remaining as a hidden server, there's a lot of disappointed players old and new who deserve a real answer.
Old 08-06-2016, 06:24 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
It depends what was said exactly. What I do know is you haven't heard in 18 months... I wouldn't expect anything else from it. After not hearing back within a couple months I'd have stopped and not continued until I had a response.

I could be wrong, I'm just giving you my opinion on what was said in this thread.
Old 08-06-2016, 06:39 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
It depends what was said exactly. What I do know is you haven't heard in 18 months... I wouldn't expect anything else from it. After not hearing back within a couple months I'd have stopped and not continued until I had a response.

I could be wrong, I'm just giving you my opinion on what was said in this thread.
It was roughly 18 months ago that the agreement was reached. There was then discussion for a couple of months, and then by the time I'd developed everything I felt needed to be developed Unixmad and Carlito clearly didn't want to discuss it anymore. I was aware that Xor "stomped his feet" and scolded Carlito soon after I made the announcement, but assured by both Carlito and Unixmad in separate conversations that as long we use a different name to "Classic" there should not be a big problem. It is only Xor who has failed to issue a response to me the entire time, and given that he is iClassic's manager, that is a blatant neglect of responsibilities.

My gut feeling was always that we've been stabbed in the back, but I still expected an honest conversation to bring closure to the matter as opposed to the usual "let's just ignore the big elephant in the room and hope it goes away by itself". With all the negativity which is circulating around lately, you'd think they'd make an attempt to deal with this amicably, something that I have made every attempt to do before ever speaking a word about it publicly.
Old 08-07-2016, 01:17 AM
Urahara112 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
If your main goal is to release GtA as an individual entity I'd consider reading the above posts again and just think how realistic it is. My opinion is that Graal won't ever see it as a separate server to Classic. I have based my opinion on the above posts and the several (not so much) differences above.

Sorry if you see it differently.

By all means, if you enjoy it keep doing it. I wouldn't stop doing something I enjoy- hence why I'm still here 20 years later.
Damn Snake, I would have thought you would fight for us a bit. You have a long history here where it all began. I know you remember the good old days when Graal was pushing 200-300 players on Era (where you developed a lot) and Unholy Nation.

I'm shocked you can't see the potential that comes from a superior client that is PC Graal. It seems you're just looking at things the quick and easy way, which is unfortunate.
Old 08-07-2016, 01:38 AM
Sorry if I've offended you.

Over the past few years I have seen the PC Client as a Development / Staff platform- I guess that's because I'm only focused on the iOS platform. I just don't see the value of developing the PC client- hence why I suggested moving servers to the iOS platform.

I just asked a few of the iEra staff why they don't play PC-
  • Lack of players
  • Boring (possibly due to lack of players)

A few said they would play PC if-
  • it had a server with over 100++ quests to complete, monsters to fight & places to explore.
  • a server dedicated to single player experience

A couple that do play said they play because-
  • their friends play
  • more mature players

Last edited by xAndrewx; 08-07-2016 at 01:50 AM..
Old 08-07-2016, 02:21 AM
Urahara112 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:

Over the past few years I have seen the PC Client as a Development / Staff platform- I guess that's because I'm only focused on the iOS platform. I just don't see the value of developing the PC client- hence why I suggested moving servers to the iOS platform.

• Lack of players

• it had a server with over 100++ quests to complete, monsters to fight & places to explore.

• their friends play
  • more mature players
It's not about offending people, really. I've been around this game for years, and the last server I played is now gone, and that's Unholy Nation.

Once that server was essentially "deleted" from the public, the entire Unholy community left with it. That's like 100-150+ players (if you consider North American, European playerbase etc.).

Graals Administration team and their attitude towards the situation was "Good riddance", "who cares". Either way Graal's PC version is going in either two directions.

1. It's going to get cleaned up. The client version will receive updates, bugs THAT DO EXIST will be addressed and fixed, and Graals PC community has a chance to grow and recover, and PWA's will actually do something for the greater good of the Player Worlds, rather than use an eraser.

2. It's going to continue to rot until it's completely dissolved, and people like Unixmad are going to claim that it's not getting neglected? Meanwhile you're here basically saying that anyone around here working on a client version server is wasting their time.

Obviously someone like you who is getting paid to develop for iOS might not care so much about the alternative, I guess you're a company guy now. Hell, you're not really apart of this community anymore, and one could say that MD/Carlitto isn't either. Yet you guys have an impact on this place, and thus far it's been nothing but negative.

If a plug is going to be pulled, why is it taking so long? I've been on the client, and I'm reading about people attempting to "revive" servers, and they are trying to put in work while the "higher ups" are putting all of their work into iOS.

My point is, this place is done. The ones who have or had the opportunity to say or do something about it chose not to.

Nothing but false hope, negativity and neglect.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urahara112 View Post
Obviously someone like you who is getting paid to develop for iOS might not care so much about the alternative, I guess you're a company guy now. Hell, you're not really apart of this community anymore, and one could say that MD/Carlitto isn't either. Yet you guys have an impact on this place, and thus far it's been nothing but negative.

If a plug is going to be pulled, why is it taking so long? I've been on the client, and I'm reading about people attempting to "revive" servers, and they are trying to put in work while the "higher ups" are putting all of their work into iOS.
Little bit personal don't you think? I don't work for Graal.

These are my views based on what I've observed. I won't lie, I'd rather be direct, honest and realistic. I have no input on the PC servers. I never said it's going to stop- these are my opinions; please don't assume these are the actions Graal has decided on what I've said.

I'd be more than happy to help a server move to the iOS platform providing it has a unique game play- such as Kingdoms or Zodiac.
Old 08-07-2016, 03:47 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
rly guys

you know the real solution is to actually complete the whole cross-platform **** by letting people log onto the iservers on the normal client instead of having to use a browser. boom, pc is saved and has more players than it has ever had. wew
Old 08-07-2016, 04:04 AM
PlanetOscar is just really nicePlanetOscar is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
rly guys

you know the real solution is to actually complete the whole cross-platform **** by letting people log onto the iservers on the normal client instead of having to use a browser. boom, pc is saved and has more players than it has ever had. wew
Solutions that are that simple doesn't suit this complex management. No, Era 3D will def save Graal
Old 08-07-2016, 08:17 AM
Banned
Quote:
I guess my question at this point becomes why would supporting PC Graal as a game be undesirable? You can't just say "Why would management want to support a dead game?" because they are the ones who have effortlessly allowed it to become a dead game.

Facebook / Web is a resource that already exists and doesn't require an unrealistic amount of effort to port PC servers to. As has been proven with Delteria and the original Classic Facebook server it provides a level of exposure to the game far higher than what can currently be achieved with the client. Would it not be interesting to see how much better the client would work as a development platform if and when it is also thriving as a game?

Would it also not be interesting to see how much better PC Graal could work as a development platform if some of the suggestions regarding the website were put in to action? I could go on further with these points.

Quote:
  • Lack of players

• their friends play
  • more mature players
These are all valid points, but the questions being asked as of late are not "why don't more people play this dying game?", they are "what are Graal management going to do to stop this game becoming extinct?" or "Are Graal management just waiting to pick off PC servers one at a time until the game becomes extinct?".

At this point they really have nothing to lose in giving control of PC Graal & access to make changes to someone who is passionate about it, but they have plenty to gain from it.

Last edited by ffcmike; 08-07-2016 at 08:30 AM..
Old 08-07-2016, 08:48 AM
Kuzative will become famous soon enough
Lol they are developing Era 3D but won't release Graal the Adventure...lmao what a troll.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:30 AM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
tbh I've noticed player count decrease after Tim_Rocks stopped logging in
Old 08-08-2016, 10:44 AM
Era iPhone PRA
Anero is an unknown quantity at this point
Era iPhone, Classic iPhone as well as Zone and Ol' West should be accessible through the Graal Client.

I have recently brought two players from Era PC to iEra for an annual tournament we're hosting and they really enjoyed the server. However, the FB Client as well as era.graalonline.com both have performance issues and weren't made for competitive gameplay - in other words: they're very bad.

I have a hard time understanding the thought process behind not releasing the iServers for the Graal Client. FB-Client is horrible, there are many issues with it. If you've ever played on it, you know what I mean.

That being said, I would really love to see unixmad release the iServers for the Graal Client.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:54 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anero View Post
Era iPhone, Classic iPhone as well as Zone and Ol' West should be accessible through the Graal Client.

I have recently brought two players from Era PC to iEra for an annual tournament we're hosting and they really enjoyed the server. However, the FB Client as well as era.graalonline.com both have performance issues and weren't made for competitive gameplay - in other words: they're very bad.

I have a hard time understanding the thought process behind not releasing the iServers for the Graal Client. FB-Client is horrible, there are many issues with it. If you've ever played on it, you know what I mean.

That being said, I would really love to see unixmad release the iServers for the Graal Client.
I agree with this, but should this happen then Unixmad/Xor/Snk can no longer resort to the excuse of "having 2 Eras/Classics on the same platform might be confusing to players", and should no longer stand in the way of Era + Classic porting to Facebook & Web. This is especially true considering that childish excuses of "we were here first" have previously been lauded about.