Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-10-2015, 04:53 PM
ilovegirlzz can only hope to improve
Weapons

Weapons stats should reflect the price we pay for them.

No way pbp should be better than aa12 when aa12 is the more expensive weapon but aa12 shouldnt be better than photon shotty because of the price but seeing how photon shotty is only 100k more than aa12 it shouldnt just kill aa12 in contest..then you got olympia/rr12 which was just thrown in the mix and completely messed up everything

i demand balance/logic in this area.

melee weapons with the 1.27 speed buff or whatever is utterly rediculous given the high frequency of each swing, the user doesnt deserve a speed boost especially .14 more than everyone else.

idk why we have to go through this every time we get a new gun admin..learn how to adjust accordingly.
Old 01-10-2015, 05:38 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Ish, this guy just threw the gauntlet down upon you.
Edit: The Samurai Sword used to slow you to 1.08 I believe the speed was, for about 5 seconds after you swung the sword but that's gone now. o.o
Old 01-10-2015, 09:26 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
Edit: The Samurai Sword used to slow you to 1.08 I believe the speed was, for about 5 seconds after you swung the sword but that's gone now. o.o
That's what would be called a bug.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:32 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
That's what would be called a bug.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:53 PM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Yeah, I totally agree.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:23 PM
ooger will become famous soon enough
Guns are stupid now. The stats support laming rather than skill and nobody plays like its 2009 and running is taboo anymore.
Old 01-11-2015, 02:51 AM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooger View Post
Guns are stupid now. The stats support laming rather than skill and nobody plays like its 2009 and running is taboo anymore.
I'm to lazy to go find your past statements on how the guns are fine and how "who cares if everybody has the best guns".

I knew you would finally see why this would be a bad idea.

Koho out.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:19 AM
Banned
I mean, when Ishmael first got Guns Admin, I would message him my feed back on certain guns and how they could be nerfed/buffed. 9/10 times those same stats (minor tweaks) would be applied.

I think when he got Dev Admin, he lost his touch with weapons/the pking side of Era.

Thus, his stats have become stale and his knowledge on the PKing side is washed-out.

I've always wanted to get my hands on weapon stats, I was even tweaking a few of them when I was PRA and Rogue and I planned to go through and nerf/buff every weapon (kinda like Wil did but not remove weapons)

I would apply with great consideration into every field of the application if Ishmael and Exolia were to release one, were as Gang Admin I just rushed it and copy pasted things from months ago.
Old 01-11-2015, 05:53 AM
unknown
Logababy will become famous soon enough
Honestly guns change so much more than they should, a player should be able to buy a weapon without any worries of it being nerfed or changed from their liking. Someone needs to just fix guns and leave it at that, so all you would really have to worry about is new releases.

Melee weapons.... Don't even get me started on them. Just ridiculous.
Old 01-11-2015, 06:00 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logababy View Post
Honestly guns change so much more than they should, a player should be able to buy a weapon without any worries of it being nerfed or changed from their liking. Someone needs to just fix guns and leave it at that, so all you would really have to worry about is new releases.

Melee weapons.... Don't even get me started on them. Just ridiculous.
Yeah, that's an issue we have always had with Gun Admins. They release something without fully thinking about every aspect that the gun could and will be used in, someone uses it a certain way and every realizes how stupid the stats really are on it and the Gun Admin is forced to nerf it.

Not really much you can do about it though, I mean, we need a stable Gun Admin who PKs every time they log on, I feel like the position has really been under-rated and gets thrown to a developer or someone who has other projects they need to work on.

It should be a position on its own, with no other projects/positions so that they are always releasing new guns/content and giving it appropriate stats.
Old 01-11-2015, 02:18 PM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
cry more u wussies
Old 01-11-2015, 03:09 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegirlzz View Post
Weapons stats should reflect the price we pay for them.

No way pbp should be better than aa12 when aa12 is the more expensive weapon but aa12 shouldnt be better than photon shotty because of the price but seeing how photon shotty is only 100k more than aa12 it shouldnt just kill aa12 in contest..then you got olympia/rr12 which was just thrown in the mix and completely messed up everything

i demand balance/logic in this area.

melee weapons with the 1.27 speed buff or whatever is utterly rediculous given the high frequency of each swing, the user doesnt deserve a speed boost especially .14 more than everyone else.

idk why we have to go through this every time we get a new gun admin..learn how to adjust accordingly.
AA12 was nerfed too much because shotguns are hard to balance as long as they're using the normal projectile system. I've made a lot of posts about shotguns in general and I believe that they need to change fairly drastically to be useful without being overpowered.

IMO any melee weapon that doesn't use the standard melee system is stupid. And again they're extremely hard to balance. If I ever had my way I would just somehow integrate them into the S melee system just so that there isn't the expectation that they should be able to beat a gun just because they're filling the "gun slot".
I feel like melee weapons as a whole could use a revamp, and it would be cool to see melee weapons added to a player's waist/back on every gun's ganis, so I could run around with my SG552 and have my fireman's axe on my back, but that would be a HUGE task to start now.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:58 PM
I think we have too many guns. You can't really get better than .05 freeze but every new weapon that is added has .05 freeze and 20-22 dmg its really putting a damper on things and making it harder to balance weapons

like the MT tactical was that really necessary? it's basically the ove prebuff.
speaking of ove, i see its up to 19 dmg but the reload is kinda higher but its 900k in stores wtf i most of the other guns are fine

but when we start getting into duplicates its kinda dumb looks like aa12 now has spasz-12's old stats or something like that

when will we get a new gunadmin?
Old 01-11-2015, 05:29 PM
Oh yea I was thinking how about making reindeer mount like magic carpet..or broom..it is a mount after all but it doesnt provide any type of speed buff which doesnt make sense..
Old 01-11-2015, 06:44 PM
geneticfrog can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to geneticfrog Send a message via MSN to geneticfrog
as far as i know mount doesn't have a cooldown meter like carpet and broom.