Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2017, 08:28 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
ye im rockin an older i7 (2600), 32gb of ram, couple of ssds, and an r9 390

will prob upgrade next year tho
Old 04-15-2017, 11:00 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
You should be able to do a lot with that setup, unless you have a bottleneck somewhere
Old 04-16-2017, 11:25 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
nah the 390 wont push 60fps at 4k on modern games
Old 04-16-2017, 04:55 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
nah the 390 wont push 60fps at 4k on modern games
Depends on the game I think, it would probably run DOOM 2016 nearly perfect if you use the Vulkan API version. The only issue I see is lack of properly optimized PC games that are also must-play titles. This is why I like Nintendo, because the graphics in BOTW runnin in 720p on Wii U are impressing me more than anything currently available on PC I can run in 4K. Also when the quality of gameplay is so high it's really easy to forgive frame drops. The reason PC users are so concerned with performance is because that's the extent of enjoyment you can really get out of games with gameplay on the more boring side of the scale.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:59 AM
G2k1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tradingexample.png
Views:	283
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	55984  
Old 05-08-2017, 03:29 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
For some reason I've always liked that style of inventory display. I made the same thing for my permanent clothes system on Graal 2000.
Old 05-08-2017, 03:53 AM
G2k1
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
For some reason I've always liked that style of inventory display. I made the same thing for my permanent clothes system on Graal 2000.
I'm working on adding the new stuff to this inventory like the Bug Net, Torch, Scythe, Umbrellas, etc. Then I'm gonna start on a new inventory select in this style for the clothes, then I'm gonna unify it into a new general inventory system. The circle menus are one of the best things about 2K1 so I'm keeping it and streamlining the way players access it. I will likely assign a quick access key to each one, such as Trading, Food Basket, Backpack (will hold farming equipment), and Clothes (to expand what was previously the Hats menu).
Old 05-11-2017, 01:34 PM
Kiri will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
it gave me nostalgia from secret mana or seiken densetsu 3 :P

Old 05-12-2017, 06:28 AM
G2k1
I want to add candies as an inventory item, just not entirely sure what they will do yet. Possibly feed bomy pets? Increase speed of certain abilities, like mining, crafting, baking, etc? I'd like that but I don't want players to abuse it for an advantage in sparring, events, etc either.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:33 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
using candies is disabled in public event/sparring because it's impolite to eat candy when you didn't bring enough to share with everyone
Old 05-15-2017, 04:45 AM
G2k1

I'm going to be working on boats to make them a cool part of Bomy Island. I have plenty of my own ideas, but I want to hear yours. Any suggestions will be considered. How you think they should control, where should they go, and what should their function be?

I thought it would be cool to add a new island that can be traveled to. Not sure if I want boats to be player controlled or automatic like trains. Or both.

I was a really big fan of the boat travel system on Graal The Adventure, especially loved that you could fish while traveling by boat together with other players, and buy stuff in the shop inside the hull.

Also I really dig the boat travel concept in Animal Crossing.

I think I want to have a few different sizes of boats, possibly even paddle-boards that players could use. Also ideally there will be pirate battleships. We will see.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	boatexamp.png
Views:	269
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	55985  
Old 05-17-2017, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
it gave me nostalgia from secret mana or seiken densetsu 3 :P

wow they copied graal!!
Old 05-30-2017, 04:30 AM
G2k1

This is demonstrating some of the new hats and masks, showing how they can be equipped simultaneously, while also demonstrating the "hathair" system which allows hats to be guaranteed to equip correctly without being overlapped by the hair sprite behind it, not to mention it just looks cool and makes equipping stuff more interactive.

I didn't show in this video, but you can also have face paint, earrings, necklaces, etc. I am going to be working on an inventory for each category and then a main inventory to access them via. I also plan to implement a system where the top 10 row on the Q menu will correspond with the 10 hotkeys, so arranging your weapon inventory will automatically equip your hotkey menu.

I also show off a bit of the new animated emoticon system to replace the default Graal emoticons.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:36 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not sure if I like the idea of all hats removing the hair sprite. For something like a helmet it makes sense, but not for something like a tiara or crown. Maybe it should be a toggleable option.
Old 05-31-2017, 01:31 AM
face paint sounds cute