Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2017, 04:20 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
I am a pretty zorbi

Attached Images

Old 07-18-2017, 05:24 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
I am a pretty zorbi

im a pretty ghost
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1500396218.png
Views:	657
Size:	277.4 KB
ID:	56003  
Old 07-18-2017, 06:50 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
zormite is so 2000 and late, where da pluffy at
U gotta make it
Old 07-18-2017, 09:57 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
U gotta make it
i dont think you want my uh..."different quality"...graphics on the server
Old 07-18-2017, 10:12 PM
LimetasticSlushy has a spectacular aura aboutLimetasticSlushy has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
There is actually a wolf race. It might not look exactly like your head but something in the ballpark.
Is it what served as the basis for the wolf monsters on GK?
Old 07-18-2017, 10:30 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
i dont think you want my uh..."different quality"...graphics on the server
Yeah right, I guarantee you would be a natural at pixel art. But it does take meticulous practice and determination.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:49 PM
G2k1
Last night I went on a rampage working on a,lot of stuff.

I updated the bakery jobs so that there are cool steam effects when the item is cooked and smoke effects when it is burnt.

I was able to salvage a new script konidias made for Apple trees and got it 100% functional. You can test it right now by planting a seed at the growing spot in front of Samurai castle.

Converted various older broken scripts to gs2 resulting in them working properly again, including a cool sundial we made in 2004, and a sprinkler system for farming I may or may not use.

I'll post screenshots of some stuff later when I get home from work.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Yeah right, I guarantee you would be a natural at pixel art. But it does take meticulous practice and determination.
and lots of time
Old 07-21-2017, 06:59 PM
G2k1
Quote:
and lots of time
I work 12 hour shifts 5 days a week and I even made time to make 128 sprite sheets in a night before bed when I got home. You don't get much sleep but studies show that billionaires and multi millionaires sleep 3-4 hours per night.

Last night I converted 70-80% of the classes to gs2 resulting in several broken or glitched scripts to work properly and more optimized, not to mention making scripts easier to read and work with moving forward.

Last edited by Kamaeru; 07-21-2017 at 07:16 PM..
Old 08-20-2017, 12:33 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
This is a note to Skyld or another capable scripter who works on Bomy Moon. If you get a chance to pop in I found a bug with push and pull detection. I think it has something to do with the coordinates used in the triggeraction, but I am not about to muck about in something I don't know much about, especially in a core system.
Old 08-24-2017, 02:00 AM
G2k1
>Terrorists vs Counter-Terrorists event is now working

-Not 100% finished but now is rescripted for the new events systems and is fully functional

-Currently it's only T/CT2, the one on the right under the Admin House, but I will be adapting the script to the other T/CT event tonight

-Some polish will be added to the events including explosion effects which need to be added for when a team wins, a message indicating which team won, possible a new animation for terrorists when they are interacting with the bomb, team-specific clothing for the players (this will be really cool), and possibly new sound effects.

-The script we made for this can be used to adapt to other events, so in the future I will be rescripting Capture the Flag, Cops vs Robbers, and others

-I am planning for Bomy Island to be the premier server on Graal for events. This means extra effort will be used to polish old events (while keeping the classic gameplay) and also to create new events from the ground up. An "Events Tokens" sub-currency is in planning stages where players will be able to get items and other rewards.

-Old events will be worked on first and once they are in order we will work on new stuff. I am open to suggestions but also will only accept the best ones.

Last edited by Kamaeru; 08-24-2017 at 02:17 AM..
Old 08-25-2017, 08:45 AM
G2k1
Ok now both Terrorist VS Counter-Terrorist events are now working and playable. Excuse the dust while I work on making the presentation better. I recommend trying the event with as many players as you can gather, because it can be quite fun.

Just to clarify, they are inside these two buildings:

I'm gonna work on Capture the Flag next. I am considering making either a Tower Control or Turf War event (I know I'm ripping off splatoon but suck it). It also would be cool to completely revamp the kart racing. And I think I will surely do something with Konidias' bomberman minigame.

Another thing, and I know this is a controversial idea I think, but we have this unfinished event called SWAT which features very early proto modern type level design and tiles that predates Era. I was thinking about bringing it back because it was pretty cool, but it involves guns. Does anyone think that's a particularly bad idea? I think an event with guns could be fun and it wouldn't go against the previous Graal2001 stuff but at the same time it is kinda ridiculous. I'm not sure if breaking the fourth wall is appropriate in events or not, especially considering we had the Muskets event in the past (which was hilarious). I guess I can try to bring Muskets back too if anyone is interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tct.png
Views:	843
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	56014  

Last edited by Kamaeru; 08-25-2017 at 09:06 AM..
Old 09-11-2017, 02:03 AM
G2k1
A lot of stuff has been going on, haven't had time to record the updates. There is more staff activity on this server in the past weeks than in the past decade.

Today I removed the gigantic egregious Bomy Moon and replaced it with a Pirate Crew island that was made some years back.

We're working on a new sign text system and a new font that is more like the font from a classic SNES game which behaves more like you would expect in a professional game. Having this kind of custom system should make it much easier to have multiple choice selections instead of chat commands for many interactive npcs on the server.

CTF and Cops vs Robbers are the last 2 events that I'm working on, and both are nearly finished aside from testing and debugging.

After that I can focus on Kingdoms, Inventory/Trading/Economy, and then I will double down to create a nice questing progression the likes I can guarantee Graal has never seen.
Old 09-13-2017, 05:23 AM
G2k1
Skyld totally re-scripted the day/night and time system. We are thinking about making a planetarium where you can see the relative position of the planet compared to the 2 suns and etc. There will be a lot more time-related stuff we can execute now like daily login rewards, seasons, a calendar to schedule events, etc.

For anyone still around that knows about this, we made sure it emulates the old 2k1 time system. This still means that events like the Sylvester can still occur (where the 2 suns come in close and will hurt a player if they are walking outside for too long). This sort of event is very rare but some of you may have noticed it before.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:57 PM
Joe Cruddas (VIP)
gravator has a spectacular aura about
My first time playing bomy moon was on a less powerful computer, it was a combination of the graphics card and in game settings, but until i got a lantern the nights were totally pitch black for me, i resorted to just standing in one spot until the sun came back up.

Thankfully i was baking bread so i didn't wander far from that safe area to get attacked.