Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-27-2013, 05:15 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
healing in gang bases

How about you bring healing in gang bases back?
Don't you think this could be (partly) the cause of extremely low gang activity?
It's easier for a gang with lower numbers to remain competitive if they can heal when they're not under pressure and it will make raids go on for longer.
This system used to guarantee gang activity, and it's not as if cookies are cheap or other healing items are overpowered.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:30 PM
stuck in the enemy zone
-HateD- will become famous soon enough
You can heal in beds and vday/xmas boomers work. People running while stuffing donuts would piss me off and I wouldn't raid, so for me it would reduce activity
Old 10-27-2013, 05:37 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
If you just killed a "hoard" of opponents you don't have time to do that stuff. And you can't heal if the enemy gangb is rushing you.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:14 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Lol, this is disabled?

Just like how I had to be annoy Blue for an hour theotherday after finding out they made grenades completely useless (they disabled fire effects and made it 15 damage... but kept them on the 10 second cool down and $15 per).

Healing was significantly balanced when I did it awhile back, the sales for just about every food item were pretty equal, and activity/pking peaked at a similar time. You could argue this is because we maintained a 120~ player count. But disabling these items? I saw no announcement on it, whats the purpose?

In theory this would reduce both Business and Gang activity. Especially with anti-run features, pk timers, and that randomshit Halo regeneration in no-pk zones (who the hell did that?).

These negative [standalone] updates lacking any reason/goal/announcement are probably large contributors to the falling player count. Hopefully the new Manager will be more open to the player base and build it back up.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:25 PM
Era since 2005
Last time I raided (about a month ago, and i saw no food related announcements since then) you had to wait something ridiculous like 30-60 seconds after being hit to be able to heal, which basically means you can't use food in raids because if you havn't been hit in such a long time period it means: a) nobody is raiding b) you have plenty of time to go to a bed to heal up c) you're hacking.

Btw, some people might think that severely limiting healing in gang bases helps the poor but it really doesn't since it forces rich ****s like me to buy tons of armor, super elixers and sewer elixers while other players can't even use their cheapass 6$ donuts.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:34 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
healer noobs
Old 10-28-2013, 04:36 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Old 10-28-2013, 09:58 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
I had the idea while Wil was GBA of allowing eating food while pk flagged, but the food would have 50% reduced healing.
It would:
-Allow at least a little bit of healing while raiding
-Would use double the food to heal the same amount as in nopk
-(Therefore increasing the need to buy more food, which would increase food sales)
-And it would leave food, as it is now, intact (meaning you would still be able to heal up fast while not pk flagged).

But no one ever implemented it.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:09 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberwyre_P2P View Post
I had the idea while Wil was GBA of allowing eating food while pk flagged, but the food would have 50% reduced healing.
It would:
-Allow at least a little bit of healing while raiding
-Would use double the food to heal the same amount as in nopk
-(Therefore increasing the need to buy more food, which would increase food sales)
-And it would leave food, as it is now, intact (meaning you would still be able to heal up fast while not pk flagged).

But no one ever implemented it.
Someone add me an RC and I'll do this.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:51 PM
stuck in the enemy zone
-HateD- will become famous soon enough
I feel like having Tim back as a dev would be extremely beneficial. He does work and is really good at debugging/fixing ****
Old 10-29-2013, 08:51 PM
Era since 2005
i must admit tim is good at doing staff stuff on era, as long as he's not managing
Old 10-29-2013, 11:43 PM
a true gentlemen
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
i must admit tim is good at doing staff stuff on era, as long as he's not managing
I mostly managed projects more than anything during my reign.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:20 AM
Alfonso :3
Dragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Dragon551 Send a message via MSN to Dragon551
After reading this and whispering to Fiber on RC I've implemented his idea and you can now heal while PKing once again, if you're in PK mode you'll only heal half of whatever you're eating heals.

Have fun.

---------------------
---------------------
#AGT
Old 10-31-2013, 05:22 PM
Era since 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
I mostly managed projects more than anything during my reign.
yeah that's why your "reign" was a total fail. being good at fixing/scripting stuff doesn't mean you're a good leader...look at Stefan

can't believe alf implemented something i vouched for xD
Old 10-31-2013, 06:35 PM
a true gentlemen
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
yeah that's why your "reign" was a total fail.
Oh, please do tell me how you'd do a better job.