Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Delteria Main Forum > Delteria News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 12:34 PM
Elite Member
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gos_pira View Post
The average age on PC graal kept rising until iGraal was released, then the average was back to below 20 yrs again. That's the only difference. Age is also most likely one of the reasons why PC Graal was/is on a decline.
If I had to guess as to why pc graal is on a decline, I'd probably go so far as to say the subscription requirements contributed largely to diminishing the existing playerbase and have provided a substantial barrier to entry for new players...

Oh, and the fact that you can play graal content on mobile platforms with 3000+ other people for free probably doesn't help pc graal's playerbase...
Old 02-05-2014, 01:24 PM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torankusu View Post
If I had to guess as to why pc graal is on a decline, I'd probably go so far as to say the subscription requirements contributed largely to diminishing the existing playerbase and have provided a substantial barrier to entry for new players...

Oh, and the fact that you can play graal content on mobile platforms with 3000+ other people for free probably doesn't help pc graal's playerbase...
All this is true, but I was referring to the guy complaining about people looking for bf/gf. People used to do this all the time when Graal PC was new. But because of the subscription model, fewer new players arrived and only the oldbies with classic accounts stayed, thus making the average age climb.

And as the playerbase got older, and no newbies joining up, the older crowd getting jobs, kids and other stuff to attend to leads to PC Graal's decline. The fact that Cyberjoueurs/Eurocenter has been neglecting PC Graal over the past 4-5 years hasn't really helped this community either.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:15 PM
Pirate Lord
Dinji_Jinto is a jewel in the roughDinji_Jinto is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Dinji_Jinto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gos_pira View Post
All this is true, but I was referring to the guy complaining about people looking for bf/gf. People used to do this all the time when Graal PC was new.
Haha yeah, I definitely remember that. People would use animal bodies and look for owners, too. And you can't forget setting your clothes all orange and cybering. That stuff definitely got old, but a part of me kind of wants it back. For populating Graal more than anything.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:

Actually, the servers are all free to play now, since Stefan never added observer mode back again. Would that have happen earlier, Im sure Graal PC would be more popular. People are just used to mobile now.

Facebook is the future though. A huge playerbase could be gathered there with the right advertisement. If there is no advertisment done by management, of course the playerbase will stay the same. Without advertisement its like the Server does not exist.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 02-05-2014, 09:54 PM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
Actually, the servers are all free to play now, since Stefan never added observer mode back again.
are you telling me that they finally saw the light and made the most important change to graal of the last 13 years, but forgot to:
  • announce that theyve actually made the change
  • announce what their future plans for the platform are
  • remove payments from the graal online web site
  • remove the 'limited choice of look: upgrade now' bar from the client
  • remove 'subscription: trial' from the login server
  • allow all accounts access to these forums now the game is supposedly free
  • make it so that those un-upgraded accounts who connect to servers via login2 are also not treated as trial accounts

?

i think its more likely that either the platform is being neglected so much that theyve actually forgotten to both re-enable trial restrictions and check their paypal income, or they are giving the dog one nice big breakfast before taking it to the veterinary clinic to be put to sleep
Old 02-05-2014, 10:10 PM
Elite Member
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakov_the_Jakovasaur View Post
are you telling me that they finally saw the light and made the most important change to graal of the last 13 years, but forgot to:
  • announce that theyve actually made the change
  • announce what their future plans for the platform are
  • remove payments from the graal online web site
  • remove the 'limited choice of look: upgrade now' bar from the client
  • remove 'subscription: trial' from the login server
  • allow all accounts access to these forums now the game is supposedly free
  • make it so that those un-upgraded accounts who connect to servers via login2 are also not treated as trial accounts

?

i think its more likely that either the platform is being neglected so much that theyve actually forgotten to both re-enable trial restrictions and check their paypal income, or they are giving the dog one nice big breakfast before taking it to the veterinary clinic to be put to sleep

Oh, you forgot the most important thing:

-Allow non-gold accounts access to development (under construction) servers.

Perhaps this would encourage more players to learn to develop content since the offline tools are extremely outdated.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:18 PM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
Quote:
Oh, you forgot the most important thing:

-Allow non-gold accounts access to development (under construction) servers.

Perhaps this would encourage more players to learn to develop content since the offline tools are extremely outdated.
if you mean non-upgraded accounts being able to access remote control (which is irrespective of whether the server is rented), then yes that too

i would have also mentioned non-upgraded accounts being able to create global guilds, but even paying customers havent been able to do this for a few years now
Old 02-05-2014, 10:23 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
So yeah the only reason to buy gold is if you want to help them develop their game
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 07-12-2014, 04:06 AM
Graalian since '01
Stowen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Stowen Send a message via MSN to Stowen
Aren't all accounts gold? I thought that's what he did for the holidays, and forgot to return it. If that's the case, you should be allowed RC access to dev servers. I have a classic account, and my status on UN returns gold. I'm allowed to log into RC on dev servers, something Classic accounts can't do otherwise.
Unholy Nation is my home.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:30 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
What?...LMAO
I must have been intoxicated because I do not remember posting that.