View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 01:54 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
Dear Graal Online Staff...

Graal has always been a game of customization...a game of making your own adventure, creating your own land...One of the most basic forms of customizing Graal is changing the look of your player. Once v5 was introduced, you had to upgrade to gold to customize...the subscription price was high, and it seems like a steep price for such a simple feature.

iPhone Graal comes out, and you have to pay for the full version to customize your character...the game is only 2 dollars, so, its actually not that unreasonable. It sounds like a good system. Non-Paying players can use a select number of outfits, and if you opt to pay, you get to fully customize your character.

Reading the news on iPhone Graal, it now seems you are charging for players to upload new graphics...If a player wants his own unique look...well, not even a unique look; a unique shield. He must now pay to do so.
Of course, it will be said that you don't have to pay real money, but can simply acquire gralats in-game.

This would be true if it wasn't so hard to do so. To upload a single shield, it now costs 2,500 gralats.
I have almost 6 hours of online time on Graal Online Classic. Not a lot, I realize, but most of it (~4 hours) was spent farming gralats. I have less than 500 gralats. So, once you spend hours farming a few gralats, and realize it will take you hours to upload a single shield, what do you do? Pay for gralats. Pay real money for gralats.

Now, not only do you have to pay $2 for the game itself, but an additional $1 per shield you want uploaded.
One of the things that people enjoy in Graal, customizing your character, is now ruined.

Reading through countless Facebook comments, it seems the general consensus is that people do not like the new upload price. Not shocking.
So, I ask of you, Stefan/Unixmad/Xor...think about what you are doing to the players. Even if there is no way you could remove the upload price, and go back to the old (better) system, could you at least make it easier to get gralats, instead of shelling out money. There are over 15,000 shields uploaded on Graal Online Classic alone. I expect the number of new shields being uploaded to drop drastically.

Graal Online Classic lacks content as it is. Most Graal servers have jobs, and methods of making money. Why doesn't Graal Online Classic?
Are there no jobs simply so people are forced to pay money? If that is not the case, then why not make it easier to make gralats? At least then, people have a choice whether they want to spend money on an upload, or spend some time getting gralats. Because, at the moment, the choices are either pay a dollar, or spend countless hours slashing bushes...

tl;dr: Graal Online Classic now charges for uploading shields. I urge the staff to make new ways to make money, so people are not forced to pay real money to simply upload shields.

Last edited by oo_jazz_oo; 05-10-2011 at 02:15 AM..