Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Status? (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134270481)

maximus_asinus 04-26-2017 08:27 AM

Status?

Where does this server sit now that Carlito has been fired and likely no replacement? To be frank, I am quite disappointed with how this was handled by all parties. Now it looks like a release is impossible.

Crono 04-26-2017 10:51 AM

its in unixmad's hands

kia345 04-26-2017 02:46 PM

thor should just apply for md's job and do it himself

Kamaeru 04-26-2017 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximus_asinus (Post 1741227)
Where does this server sit now...?

I haven't heard from Unix or Alpho about the Graal Worlds client in a few months, but from what I understand, if they are to get it released then Classic does have a chance. I don't understand for the life of me why it's not already on the main serverlist on the PC client though, which leads me to have some doubts in if this will really happen or not. You'd think they would list Classic basically the same day they made the claim it could be on Worlds client, you know?

Cubes 04-27-2017 12:42 AM

I'll do it guys, I'll do it.

maximus_asinus 04-27-2017 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamaeru (Post 1741233)
I haven't heard from Unix or Alpho about the Graal Worlds client in a few months, but from what I understand, if they are to get it released then Classic does have a chance. I don't understand for the life of me why it's not already on the main serverlist on the PC client though, which leads me to have some doubts in if this will really happen or not. You'd think they would list Classic basically the same day they made the claim it could be on Worlds client, you know?

I don't know how much Thor has said publicly, but I will say that he had the opportunity to have the server relisted last year but refused because of promises he was waiting on being delivered. He was too hard headed to budge so the server remains in limbo.

Kamaeru 04-27-2017 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximus_asinus (Post 1741238)
I don't know how much Thor has said publicly, but I will say that he had the opportunity to have the server relisted last year but refused because of promises he was waiting on being delivered. He was too hard headed to budge so the server remains in limbo.

That's so weird. If it were me I would greatly prefer being listed on PC to any iphone nonsense, but I seriously don't know one person that owns an iphone or that plays mobile smartphone games.

kia345 04-27-2017 09:27 PM

I'm pretty sure that he actually wants people to play the content he's working on

Kamaeru 04-27-2017 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kia345 (Post 1741241)
I'm pretty sure that he actually wants people to play the content he's working on

Yeah, not indoctrinated robots, that's why I mentioned PC as the preferable choice.

Although robots are good too, I'm not saying they aren't valid. If I could craft a personality cult that only lives to play my game, I'd do it.

Minoc 05-03-2017 05:17 PM

Who said puff had been fired???

Crono 05-03-2017 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamaeru (Post 1741240)
That's so weird. If it were me I would greatly prefer being listed on PC to any iphone nonsense, but I seriously don't know one person that owns an iphone or that plays mobile smartphone games.

better to be iphone (iclassic) and have players than be listed and have 0

maximus_asinus 06-30-2017 07:32 AM

The server was shut down. It was the original server. How does this happen?

It was my home server and waiting for it's official rerelease was the only reason that I've stuck around this long. A part of my childhood died today. :(

Kamaeru 06-30-2017 09:45 AM

x_x

LimetasticSlushy 06-30-2017 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamaeru (Post 1741233)

Didn't Alpho quit Graal? Yknow, which seemed weird given he was being all influential and whatnot with his attempts to innovate for the development tools and all that.

jacob_bald6225 06-30-2017 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LimetasticSlushy (Post 1741478)
Didn't Alpho quit Graal? Yknow, which seemed weird given he was being all influential and whatnot with his attempts to innovate for the development tools and all that.

There were new development tools?

Also, since classic has been abandoned-- I volunteer to become Mr. Manager.

Zip4MrManager.