Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Feature request (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=194)
-   -   Graal# Account Removal (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134270069)

devilsknite1 07-27-2015 10:23 PM

Graal# Account Removal

Far-fetched, but can we just get rid of this whole Graal######... and so on account creation? Individuals can just petition the help desk to receive a real account anyways. This serves no purpose and just makes life harder for anyone trying to get down an account name. Community names are practically non-existent now on new accounts anyways. The whole thing is just dumb. Just allow upon login for individuals with a Graal# account to change their account name and then overwrite the attribute.

shrimps 07-27-2015 11:09 PM

I wish. :( Nobody likes graal numbered accounts. it was a horrible idea.

scriptless 07-28-2015 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrimps (Post 1737236)
I wish. :( Nobody likes graal numbered accounts. it was a horrible idea.

Actually it's a great idea, just horrible implementation of it. In other words, all accounts should have a community name.

-Ching 07-28-2015 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scriptless (Post 1737238)
Actually it's a great idea, just horrible implementation of it. In other words, all accounts should have a community name.

Why is it a great idea?

fowlplay4 07-28-2015 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Ching (Post 1737239)
Why is it a great idea?

Because it's a unique ID that should never change under any circumstances. In rare circumstances people would get their account name changed and then lose all progress/data attached to the account name.

Whereas with the community name system they could just change the community name with no consequence except in poorly designed systems.

The problems with the system mainly are due to the game, processes, and tools not being properly updated for it. Also no way to retrieve community names of offline accounts via script unless you track the information yourself.

Draenin 07-28-2015 08:28 PM

I personally hate Community Names, but I know that it's necessary for us to have them.

However, I agree that it would be nice to give players the chance to choose their actual account name. I have a very difficult time keeping up with people sometimes because certain tasks might involve having to look up their Community Names over and over.

Honestly, you should have posted a poll to go along with this, so we can see how many people would be in favor of something different.

shrimps 07-28-2015 09:30 PM

If the graal# account was behind the scenes and something never had to be dealt with it would have been better instead of making people pay for the community name, it should just have been default and hidden #s If you don't want to pay you play as guest as always, or just reset? I remember those dasy.:(

xXziroXx 07-29-2015 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fowlplay4 (Post 1737240)
Because it's a unique ID that should never change under any circumstances. In rare circumstances people would get their account name changed and then lose all progress/data attached to the account name.

Whereas with the community name system they could just change the community name with no consequence except in poorly designed systems.

The problems with the system mainly are due to the game, processes, and tools not being properly updated for it. Also no way to retrieve community names of offline accounts via script unless you track the information yourself.

This. So much this. The Graal#### system is great, it's just that the implementation of it is poor.

Draenin 07-29-2015 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrimps (Post 1737247)
If the graal# account was behind the scenes and something never had to be dealt with it would have been better instead of making people pay for the community name, it should just have been default and hidden #s

I agree. Community Names ought to be something available only behind the scenes, like PCID, IP, and so on.

Being able to identify people by the names they want to use is very useful all on its own, and it is incredibly frustrating to have lots of randomly numbered users on who are able to constantly change their nicknames. If nobody catches their actual community name before they log off, it's harder to issue a warning or ban. Guest accounts make things even worse, because players will use them for alternative purposes that exploit game mechanics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrimps
If you don't want to pay you play as guest as always, or just reset? I remember those days. :(

Those days were pretty terrible, and the P2P system slowly drove away lots of players who didn't believe a monthly / annual fee for Graal was justified. (And honestly, it still isn't.)

Microtransactions are really the better way to go, because it gives players the option of funding the game in exchange for digital goods and services, rather than paying just to enjoy the game. I would not advocate going back to P2P.

MattKan 07-29-2015 05:48 PM

It seems that you still a gold activated account to make a community name even though observer mode has been removed and you no longer need gold to use RC. I think ideally this restriction would be lifted and players would be required to make community names when they first create their accounts.

Stowen 08-02-2015 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattKan (Post 1737257)
It seems that you still a gold activated account to make a community name even though observer mode has been removed and you no longer need gold to use RC. I think ideally this restriction would be lifted and players would be required to make community names when they first create their accounts.

This.

Draenin 08-02-2015 05:27 PM

Quote:

Double this.

devilsknite1 08-04-2015 03:19 PM

Quote:

Triple this, and while still realizing that Graal# accounts theoretically serve a purpose, they really do not in Graal. It would make much more sense to either make community names more globalized and change the system to something more efficient (never would happen) and useful (never would happen), instead of just bearing a burden on players to have to deal with identifying individuals as Graal#, instead of an easily accessible community or account name.

Crono 02-28-2016 08:33 AM

Having the graal# ingame for players to see is ****ing STUPID. on zodiac most of those shouts/party/trade requests come from Graal2389472948289. Probably a bit late to continue to complain about it now though.

ffcmike 02-28-2016 06:17 PM

I'm surprised Graal###### accounts aren't scrapped with account names available upon registration, mainly considering that players are now able to obtain a full account name by requesting it from a global. It's gotten to a point now where it's not even being pretended that PC Graal is a legitimate game, everything is about insider dealings.

At the very least the login server could be made so that any player can select a community name, it's actually very easy to do by script on any server (lol).